Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press 14:56 - Nov 28 with 7865 viewsBrixtonBlue

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/27/jeremy-corbyn-dodges-tv-debates-

The headline: Jeremy Corbyn dodges TV debates after disastrous Andrew Neil interview.

Further down the article itself: Sky sources confirmed they had called off the programme after both Boris Johnson and Mr Corbyn declined to take part... Mr Corbyn will instead appear in a Channel 4 debate on climate change this evening.

Unbelievable. How are they allowed to get away with this?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:04 - Nov 28 with 3372 viewsSomethingBlue

The Telegraph is no longer a newspaper. A big shame because, in the past, I might have disagreed with its politics but would be able to read it with an open mind and appreciate a number of its writers. These days it is just dangerous, very dangerous indeed, and is letting down those it claims to serve to an almost unfathomable degree.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:13 - Nov 28 with 3351 viewslegally_blue

I agree that it’s misleading re the Sky debate, but interesting that you decided to ignore the point that he has also apparently pulled out of a seven-way debate between party leaders on the BBC....
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:19 - Nov 28 with 3327 viewsSwansea_Blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:13 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

I agree that it’s misleading re the Sky debate, but interesting that you decided to ignore the point that he has also apparently pulled out of a seven-way debate between party leaders on the BBC....

Although that article fails to mention that Johnson is also missing the BBC seven-way debate...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:29 - Nov 28 with 3294 viewsHARRY10

I know in these more enlightened time we should not laugh at brexiteers and such like, but at times it can be very difficult.

May will laugh in almost disbelief and wonder at what was believed in the middle ages and reassure ourselves that we would not be so dim. Well here's a list of the stupid things things brexiteers have believed, as

The EU has banned children from blowing up balloons (as if they could) whereas the truth was " They state that ballons made of latex must carry a warning to parents that children under eight years should be supervised."

"Church bells are silenced by fear of EU law " whereas "The vicar in this story turns out to be concerned that the complainants could bring a case against the noise of the church bells in the European Court of Human Rights — an institution completely separate from the EU."

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

you will notice that it is the same papers putting out these lies, and have been for decades - I don't doubt everyone on here will have heard at least one of these lies and many will not only have believed them but told others

and these will be off to the polling station in a fortnight's time with their silly heads crammed full with such nonsense
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:33 - Nov 28 with 3282 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes that’s ridiculous, expect nothing less from the Telegraph

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:35 - Nov 28 with 3273 viewslegally_blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:19 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

Although that article fails to mention that Johnson is also missing the BBC seven-way debate...

That doesn’t make the fact that Corbyn is missing it any less untrue though? If Boris is getting slammed for avoiding debates, Corbyn should be too. Suspect it’s a wise political move for both of them - hard for them to make gaffes when they’re not being put on the spot!
It's not fooking difficult is it on 15:37 - Nov 28 with 3267 viewsDyland

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:19 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

Utterly disgraceful and exhausting. I can't think why the Telegraph owners would have such an agenda. FFS.

No, just get Brexit done.

Beneath contempt.

I'd laugh at all these tunnel visioned single issue peeps cutting off their noses to spite their faces and going to hell in a handcart. But the prospect of another five years of the Tories affects me and my family as well.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:37 - Nov 28 with 3257 viewslegally_blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:29 - Nov 28 by HARRY10

I know in these more enlightened time we should not laugh at brexiteers and such like, but at times it can be very difficult.

May will laugh in almost disbelief and wonder at what was believed in the middle ages and reassure ourselves that we would not be so dim. Well here's a list of the stupid things things brexiteers have believed, as

The EU has banned children from blowing up balloons (as if they could) whereas the truth was " They state that ballons made of latex must carry a warning to parents that children under eight years should be supervised."

"Church bells are silenced by fear of EU law " whereas "The vicar in this story turns out to be concerned that the complainants could bring a case against the noise of the church bells in the European Court of Human Rights — an institution completely separate from the EU."

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK/euromyths-a-z-index/

you will notice that it is the same papers putting out these lies, and have been for decades - I don't doubt everyone on here will have heard at least one of these lies and many will not only have believed them but told others

and these will be off to the polling station in a fortnight's time with their silly heads crammed full with such nonsense

Are you suggesting that this is only a problem with the right-wing press?
Login to get fewer ads

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:38 - Nov 28 with 3252 viewsDyland

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:35 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

That doesn’t make the fact that Corbyn is missing it any less untrue though? If Boris is getting slammed for avoiding debates, Corbyn should be too. Suspect it’s a wise political move for both of them - hard for them to make gaffes when they’re not being put on the spot!

Boris isn't getting slammed in the same way though is he. Read the headline. Not sure if you're being willfully annoying just for sh1ts and giggles.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:41 - Nov 28 with 3229 viewsSwansea_Blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:35 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

No of course it doesn't, I quite agree that they should be treated similarly. It comes to something when both main parties think their chances are improved by hiding away their leaders!

PS - sorry hadn't picked up o the Boris comment - I assume you mean posters are slamming him, as that article gives him a free ride.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 15:43]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:41 - Nov 28 with 3228 viewsHARRY10

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:37 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

Are you suggesting that this is only a problem with the right-wing press?

nope, no suggesting about it

check which papers have spewed out each lie
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:42 - Nov 28 with 3223 viewsBrixtonBlue

The point is, why is it only Corbyn in the headline?!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:05 - Nov 28 with 3165 viewslegally_blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 15:42 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

The point is, why is it only Corbyn in the headline?!

Sadly that’s usually the case with partisan journalism. The same can be said of The Guardian. If these newspapers spent more time doing a fair analysis of all parties based on their policies/actions, rather than partisan, tribal mud-slinging, we would all be better off!
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:11 - Nov 28 with 3136 viewsBrixtonBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:05 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

Sadly that’s usually the case with partisan journalism. The same can be said of The Guardian. If these newspapers spent more time doing a fair analysis of all parties based on their policies/actions, rather than partisan, tribal mud-slinging, we would all be better off!

Putting aside your blatant whataboutery, do you have an example of the Guardian being so blatant?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:29 - Nov 28 with 3114 viewslegally_blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:11 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

Putting aside your blatant whataboutery, do you have an example of the Guardian being so blatant?

I’m trying to highlight the hypocrisy of you getting so annoyed with the Telegraph presenting a skewed version of the events in favour of the Tories, but not being annoyed when The Guardian does the same in favour of Labour.

As for an example, they is literally a story on their front page about how the Tories have a dossier on how to attack their rivals. No mention in the article that this is EXACTLY the same as what Momentum are dishing out to Labour candidates! Should I start a new discussion on “More disgraceful journalism from our left wing press”?
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:31 - Nov 28 with 3106 viewslegally_blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:11 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

Oh and the headline is “Revealed: Tory candidates issued with attack manuals on how to smear rivals”. If that’s not alarmist, partisan nonsense, I’m not sure what is!
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:38 - Nov 28 with 3089 viewsBrixtonBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:29 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

I’m trying to highlight the hypocrisy of you getting so annoyed with the Telegraph presenting a skewed version of the events in favour of the Tories, but not being annoyed when The Guardian does the same in favour of Labour.

As for an example, they is literally a story on their front page about how the Tories have a dossier on how to attack their rivals. No mention in the article that this is EXACTLY the same as what Momentum are dishing out to Labour candidates! Should I start a new discussion on “More disgraceful journalism from our left wing press”?

How is it hypocrisy when I don't have any knowledge of the Guardian doing the same?

The article you reference, I have now read. Have you read it? It says the document "contains numerous rehashed and potentially misleading claims."

Have you got evidence of Momentum sending out a document which contains numerous rehashed and potentially misleading claims about the Tory party?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:55 - Nov 28 with 3057 viewslegally_blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:38 - Nov 28 by BrixtonBlue

How is it hypocrisy when I don't have any knowledge of the Guardian doing the same?

The article you reference, I have now read. Have you read it? It says the document "contains numerous rehashed and potentially misleading claims."

Have you got evidence of Momentum sending out a document which contains numerous rehashed and potentially misleading claims about the Tory party?

Do you honestly think The Guardian is impartial and treats Labour/Tories equally?

And of course to smear each other and spout half-truths. Momentum do it, The Telegraph does it, the Daily Mail does, the Guardian does it. Is this a surprise to you?
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 18:16 - Nov 28 with 3015 viewscrunchie1978

Easy.....just look what the guardian gets away with!
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 19:49 - Nov 28 with 2981 viewsBluesquid

Well at least we know the front pages of tomorrows UK "newspapers".
And lots of talk of the soul of the nation and British values.

Boris Johnson: "the problem is Islam. Islam is the problem."

http://archive.spectator.co.uk/article/16th-july-2005/12/just-dont-call-it-war
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 20:22 - Nov 28 with 2926 viewsGlasgowBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 16:55 - Nov 28 by legally_blue

Do you honestly think The Guardian is impartial and treats Labour/Tories equally?

And of course to smear each other and spout half-truths. Momentum do it, The Telegraph does it, the Daily Mail does, the Guardian does it. Is this a surprise to you?

I think there is a big difference between the Guardian, which is left leaning, knows it's audience and mainly goes with stories that reflect all of the aforementioned and papers like the Telegraph and the Mail which have basically become the Tory party's version of Pravda.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 20:30 - Nov 28 with 2913 viewsBLUEGOLD

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 20:22 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

I think there is a big difference between the Guardian, which is left leaning, knows it's audience and mainly goes with stories that reflect all of the aforementioned and papers like the Telegraph and the Mail which have basically become the Tory party's version of Pravda.

At last something I can agree with you about.

Although by not supporting labour you happy to put Johnson into number 10

Whatever you think of Corbyn he is a million times better than that lying toad.
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 20:37 - Nov 28 with 2900 viewsBluesquid

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 20:30 - Nov 28 by BLUEGOLD

At last something I can agree with you about.

Although by not supporting labour you happy to put Johnson into number 10

Whatever you think of Corbyn he is a million times better than that lying toad.

"Whatever you think of Corbyn he is a million times better than that lying toad."

Not according to Glassers.

The unfit for high office, racist, dishonest Johnson is the better option according to him and that is why he says 'Never Corbyn'.
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 21:21 - Nov 28 with 2872 viewsbazgammon

this board has become the exclusive voice of the left. pathetic, so many good posters driven away by overt bias. sad.

Poll: Lambert

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 21:36 - Nov 28 with 2828 viewsBLUEGOLD

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 21:21 - Nov 28 by bazgammon

this board has become the exclusive voice of the left. pathetic, so many good posters driven away by overt bias. sad.

Have a look at the who will you vote for poll. It’s 35% for both Tory and Labour.

I bet you think the media is all left wing as well eh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024