Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. 16:22 - Nov 28 with 5564 viewshampstead_blue

12% of income tax comes from 0.01% of the population. 31,000.
Corbyn thinks they will all happily stay and not flee the country.
He's wrong. Many will leave and as such his shortfall will be rather large. This cannot be 'fact checked' but if you can afford the professionals to do it then you would.
It's not beyond the will of man to get yourself set-up in another more favourable regime.
His tax forecasts would be dust = more borrowing.

A pensioner, has a modest pension, state pension, and enjoys income of £2k pa from dividends. Total income 14k.
Currently they pay £9 pa in tax. Under Corbyn it rises by £400.

He wants to ask the Special Forces to 'arrest if possible' terrorists. What does that really mean? Well, he'll put every member of the forces who shoots someone on trial to prove they had no other choice but to shoot to kill.

When talking about national security he failed to mention the words "Islamic extremism".
Do you think he's scared of losing their vote? That's the vote were a senior member of the family/community ticks the Labour box for all those postal votes. He's got form of working with people convicted of that crime....

Nationalisation.
Paid for by replacing equity with Gov bonds. Plus you get the chance for capital growth.
BT shares currently yield 8% or thereabouts. Zero capital growth but it is eroded by inflation if that exceeds the yield.
Gov Bonds yield 0.7%
Investors are nigh on guaranteed NOT to get fair price for the stock.

WASPIE women.
AN conceded to Corbyn the argument that it is wrong to manage this in the way it was.
He still refused to tell us how it would be funded until AN practically grabbed his tie!

Let's all go crazy and vote for life under a rock.

P.S: I know the Tories aren't the cleanest and mess-up often, but I've never heard anything as close to national self-harm as this.

Oh, and the more he smiled at AN the harder AN pressed him.
You can tell us that AN is a Tory, I don't think that would matter tbh. He loves an interview and for years gave Abbot an easy time on his daytime politics show.

Just sayin......

Feel much better after a good sleep and no hangover.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 16:23]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:25 - Nov 28 with 2182 viewsSteve_M

Still, Corbyn comes out of it rather better for not having run away from the interview in the first place.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:26 - Nov 28 with 2168 viewsFixed_It

tl;dr

It was probably bollox anyway!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:26 - Nov 28 with 2165 viewsitfcjoe

“I've never heard anything as close to national self-harm as this.”

Not only have you heard of Brexit you actually think it is a good idea!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:27 - Nov 28 with 2159 viewsJ2BLUE

Is all that factual or are you filling in the gaps yourself? Has he really said members of the armed forces will be put on trial? Surely in a perfect world terrorists would be captured alive? I find it hard to believe anyone in the SAS is going to be put on trial for killing a terrorist.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:27 - Nov 28 with 2149 viewsfooters

"I've never heard anything as close to national self-harm as this."

Brexit. Happy to help.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:30 - Nov 28 with 2110 viewsfooters

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:27 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Is all that factual or are you filling in the gaps yourself? Has he really said members of the armed forces will be put on trial? Surely in a perfect world terrorists would be captured alive? I find it hard to believe anyone in the SAS is going to be put on trial for killing a terrorist.

No, but they might be put on trial if found guilty of committing war crimes. What an appalling thought.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:31 - Nov 28 with 2100 viewshampstead_blue

My logic is simple.

By insisting arrest is the preferred method, JC would want everyone who killed an enemy combatant to fully justify WHY they didn't prosecute the executive order.

Also, his hatred of the forces is well known. The two SAS guys caught in Basra were not being held legally, nor was there known justification to do so. They would have been passed deep into insurgent hands, tortured, and we would have had that all over the media.
He is on camera slamming a really brave rescue mission.

In my time in Northern Ireland and on the mainland we had to carry 'Rules of Engagement' cards. We had the right to shoot first under certain circumstances. JC is now on record withdrawing that......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:33 - Nov 28 with 2090 viewshampstead_blue

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:30 - Nov 28 by footers

No, but they might be put on trial if found guilty of committing war crimes. What an appalling thought.

If there was enough evidence to prove than I agree. SAS, Combat Medic, Driver, Chef, et all. No-one is trained to murder people.

I agree wholeheartedly with you.

Login to get fewer ads

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:35 - Nov 28 with 2065 viewsusm

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:27 - Nov 28 by footers

"I've never heard anything as close to national self-harm as this."

Brexit. Happy to help.

Brexit will be a p1ss in the ocean compared to Corbyn

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:39 - Nov 28 with 2050 viewsOldsmoker

All share dividends are taxed at 10% so in your example that pensioner would have paid £200 on that share dividend of £2000.
So they pay more than £9 in tax so your figures are wrong.
A Tory talking nonsense - no surprise there.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:42 - Nov 28 with 2028 viewsSikamikanico

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:39 - Nov 28 by Oldsmoker

All share dividends are taxed at 10% so in your example that pensioner would have paid £200 on that share dividend of £2000.

Ummmm, not correct.

The first £2,000 of dividends is tax free.
Any additional basic rate dividends are taxed at 7.5%
Higher Rate 32.5%
Additional rate 38.1%
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:43 - Nov 28 with 2023 viewsSikamikanico

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:42 - Nov 28 by Sikamikanico

Ummmm, not correct.

The first £2,000 of dividends is tax free.
Any additional basic rate dividends are taxed at 7.5%
Higher Rate 32.5%
Additional rate 38.1%

to help, this makes the point about the pensioner with £2k of dividends having a tax hike of £400 correct
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:45 - Nov 28 with 2016 viewsOldsmoker

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:43 - Nov 28 by Sikamikanico

to help, this makes the point about the pensioner with £2k of dividends having a tax hike of £400 correct

When did that all change?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:45 - Nov 28 with 2005 viewsfooters

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:31 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

My logic is simple.

By insisting arrest is the preferred method, JC would want everyone who killed an enemy combatant to fully justify WHY they didn't prosecute the executive order.

Also, his hatred of the forces is well known. The two SAS guys caught in Basra were not being held legally, nor was there known justification to do so. They would have been passed deep into insurgent hands, tortured, and we would have had that all over the media.
He is on camera slamming a really brave rescue mission.

In my time in Northern Ireland and on the mainland we had to carry 'Rules of Engagement' cards. We had the right to shoot first under certain circumstances. JC is now on record withdrawing that......

My logic is simple.

You can say that again.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:46 - Nov 28 with 2004 viewsusm

What?
The first £2,000 dividend income is not taxable, then basic rate taxpayers pay 7.5% after that.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:46 - Nov 28 with 2003 viewslongtimefan

Sorry that’s completely wrong. A basic tax payer pays no tax on dividend income of less than £2000
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:47 - Nov 28 with 1991 viewsSikamikanico

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:45 - Nov 28 by Oldsmoker

When did that all change?

from 2016/17 tax year.

the 2k tax free used to be 5k. That changed for the 2018/19 tax year
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:48 - Nov 28 with 1985 viewsHARRY10

captured alive ?

dead men can't tell tales is the thought here I believe

can't have these naughty 'terrorist' chaps speaking in public about their side of things

might just be a bit embarrassing......for some
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:48 - Nov 28 with 1979 viewsSikamikanico

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:46 - Nov 28 by longtimefan

Sorry that’s completely wrong. A basic tax payer pays no tax on dividend income of less than £2000

To be fair, only taxpayers with income between £100k and £125k in the tax year pay any additional tax because of £2k dividends and that is due to the personal allowance withdrawal
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:49 - Nov 28 with 1966 viewsOldsmoker

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:47 - Nov 28 by Sikamikanico

from 2016/17 tax year.

the 2k tax free used to be 5k. That changed for the 2018/19 tax year

I sold all my shares in 2011 as the 2008 financial crash had squeezed my pips.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:52 - Nov 28 with 1948 viewshampstead_blue

I was quoting AN.

JC wants Divi's to be taxed the in the same brackets as income.
As such 20% of £2,000 = £400

The £9 was AN's number again. I'm sure the BBC would have checked it.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:54 - Nov 28 with 1933 viewslongtimefan

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:48 - Nov 28 by Sikamikanico

To be fair, only taxpayers with income between £100k and £125k in the tax year pay any additional tax because of £2k dividends and that is due to the personal allowance withdrawal

Poorly worded. I was using Basic rate tax payer to refer to the person in the example rather than suggesting the allowance was specific to that band.
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:57 - Nov 28 with 1920 viewshampstead_blue

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:48 - Nov 28 by HARRY10

captured alive ?

dead men can't tell tales is the thought here I believe

can't have these naughty 'terrorist' chaps speaking in public about their side of things

might just be a bit embarrassing......for some

Pathetic
Normally I am mild mannered but that is utter tosh and an insult to those who stand in front of bullets and more besides.

Fella, grab some kit and go get stuck in. Come on, I'll show you how it is and you would wet yourself at the first whizz for close gunfire.
These are people that don't want to be captured. Let them have their version of heaven.

They would cut your throat if they captured you.

Oh, and you can't shoot to injure. Impossible in a theatre of war. Aim for the main body mass, it's the biggest bit so you get a bigger hit ratio.

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 1907 viewsBasuco

Is this the interview that Boris Johnson is running scared of attending? Or have I missed it?
A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 17:19 - Nov 28 with 1864 viewslowhouseblue

A few gems from JC's chat with AN. on 16:25 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

Still, Corbyn comes out of it rather better for not having run away from the interview in the first place.

having seen the interview, if he'd got up and fled as the opening credits faded he would have come out of it better than he did. it's quite hard to imagine how he could have come out of it worse.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 17:24]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024