Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lino from Tuesday 16:35 - Nov 29 with 3584 viewslmfcblue

I see the Lino is referee for the Stowmarket FA Vase match on Sat!
Lino from Tuesday on 07:33 - Nov 30 with 2862 viewsportmanking

Yes, don't worry there's plenty of us that plan on giving Aaron Farmer hell today!

I might even try and collar him and ask him straight up about the incident.
Lino from Tuesday on 07:34 - Nov 30 with 2859 viewsTractorCam

Lino from Tuesday on 07:33 - Nov 30 by portmanking

Yes, don't worry there's plenty of us that plan on giving Aaron Farmer hell today!

I'm going to ask him in a civil manor, although i expect he won't be answering any questions from anyone.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Lino from Tuesday on 08:37 - Nov 30 with 2788 viewsMattinLondon

Lino from Tuesday on 07:34 - Nov 30 by TractorCam

I'm going to ask him in a civil manor, although i expect he won't be answering any questions from anyone.

Maybe he simply made a honest mistake? I’m sure he regrets it as that mistake may well hinder his career for a while.

The fact remains that if Norwood had scored from two yards instead of missing (which happens fairly frequently) then we would have gone on to win fairly comfortably
Lino from Tuesday on 09:20 - Nov 30 with 2747 viewsDurovigutum

Have a think about this. Bloke being paid buttons (£65?) to give up an afternoon so people can play football. There's a shortage of decent referees at every level and this guy might end up being one of the best having learnt from his mistakes, or he might be destroyed by someone berating him over one incident he got wrong.

Instead why not berate Garbutt all Sunday for failing to deliver a decent cross all night? I'm sure that will be constructive and positive motivation for his game.
Lino from Tuesday on 09:30 - Nov 30 with 2726 viewsRegencyBlue

Lino from Tuesday on 08:37 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

Maybe he simply made a honest mistake? I’m sure he regrets it as that mistake may well hinder his career for a while.

The fact remains that if Norwood had scored from two yards instead of missing (which happens fairly frequently) then we would have gone on to win fairly comfortably

He made several mistakes and was clearly out of his depth.

No idea if it’s true or not but I’ve heard he has been fast tracked into the EFL. If that is the case he should be fast tracked out of it again until he learns his trade!
Lino from Tuesday on 09:46 - Nov 30 with 2665 viewsTractorCam

Lino from Tuesday on 08:37 - Nov 30 by MattinLondon

Maybe he did, he also failed to notice the penalty which wasn't despite obviously being in line with it.

Some people will have a go, I doubt i'll get near but would like to know if he holds his hands up or if the ref overruled him. Either way, he wouldn't answer any questions from anybody.

Lino from Tuesday on 09:51 - Nov 30 with 2660 viewsPlums

Lino from Tuesday on 09:20 - Nov 30 by Durovigutum

Have a think about this. Bloke being paid buttons (£65?) to give up an afternoon so people can play football. There's a shortage of decent referees at every level and this guy might end up being one of the best having learnt from his mistakes, or he might be destroyed by someone berating him over one incident he got wrong.

Instead why not berate Garbutt all Sunday for failing to deliver a decent cross all night? I'm sure that will be constructive and positive motivation for his game.

This. There is a desperate shortage of refs which in turn means the quality is falling. Instead of chasing the bloke as some of you seem to be suggesting, why not get yourself on a referee’s course and help sort the problem?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 11:22]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Lino from Tuesday on 11:16 - Nov 30 with 2553 viewspeterleeblue

Lino from Tuesday on 09:51 - Nov 30 by Plums

This. There is a desperate shortage of refs which in turn means the quality is falling. Instead of chasing the bloke as some of you seem to be suggesting, why not get yourself on a referee’s course and help sort the problem?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 11:22]

Indeed! I ref one level down from this fella up in the North East.

I always challenge anyone to complete a ref course and simply do some Under 12's Boy or Girls football. About 6 games should do it I promise once they have done that they wont slag a match official of again!
Login to get fewer ads

Lino from Tuesday on 12:18 - Nov 30 with 2448 viewsSarge

Lino from Tuesday on 11:16 - Nov 30 by peterleeblue

I always challenge anyone to complete a ref course and simply do some Under 12's Boy or Girls football. About 6 games should do it I promise once they have done that they wont slag a match official of again!

Hmm I have to disagree. I’m a ref and the decisions I’ve seen made this season are nothing short of scandalous. I can’t understand how anyone who has passed a refereeing course could make them.
Lino from Tuesday on 12:25 - Nov 30 with 2440 viewsTractorCam

Nobody's saying the referees have an easy job, but i don't think anybody in that ground understood why the goal had been disallowed as late as it did.

Lino from Tuesday on 12:55 - Nov 30 with 2396 viewsBigManBlue

I hope the lino does a good job on the floor.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Lino from Tuesday on 12:55 - Nov 30 with 2401 viewsbahri

I used to be a football league standard referee and the performance was woeful, one of the worst in nearly 50 years of being involved in football.
His estimation of 10 yards was poor (he loved that white spray thou), on a poor diagonal and lots of daffling decisions. Not least having his 'own VAR moment 'with the assistant referee to rule out the goal. Eleven yellow cards indicate he 'lost the game' and there could/should have been two red cards.
I agree refereeing childrens games are tough, but that's mainly down to the parents.

redandella

Lino from Tuesday on 13:18 - Nov 30 with 2360 viewsEastTownBlue

Lino from Tuesday on 09:20 - Nov 30 by Durovigutum

I’m sure it was the case that Farmer wasn’t sure wether Jackson touched the ball or not. The woeful Young, having been harassed by the Wycombe handball appeals, went with Jackson touching the ball and happily gave the offside.

Young’s positioning for the handball was poor as he was far too wide to see it.
Lino from Tuesday on 16:01 - Nov 30 with 2253 viewsGeoffSentence

I once reffed an under 9's game.

Jesus wept! that was a traumatising experience.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Lino from Tuesday on 16:50 - Nov 30 with 2198 viewspeterleeblue

Lino from Tuesday on 12:55 - Nov 30 by bahri

I used to be a football league standard referee and the performance was woeful, one of the worst in nearly 50 years of being involved in football.
His estimation of 10 yards was poor (he loved that white spray thou), on a poor diagonal and lots of daffling decisions. Not least having his 'own VAR moment 'with the assistant referee to rule out the goal. Eleven yellow cards indicate he 'lost the game' and there could/should have been two red cards.
I agree refereeing childrens games are tough, but that's mainly down to the parents.

Even more bizarre as you and I know how many and the type of games you have to go through to get to this level. You cant get to the Football league without consistently demonstrating high performance.
It was clearly a poor decision from the PGMOL to put such, what must have been, inexperienced officials on this game. I'm surprised a top 2 league 1 game did not get an SG1 or SG2 appointment.
Lino from Tuesday on 17:06 - Nov 30 with 2174 viewslongtimefan

Lino from Tuesday on 16:50 - Nov 30 by peterleeblue

Even more bizarre as you and I know how many and the type of games you have to go through to get to this level. You cant get to the Football league without consistently demonstrating high performance.
It was clearly a poor decision from the PGMOL to put such, what must have been, inexperienced officials on this game. I'm surprised a top 2 league 1 game did not get an SG1 or SG2 appointment.

SG2 maybe but there’s no way they’d send an SG1 team for a top of the table clash at this point in the season. To get this game I’m assuming Young must have been getting consistently good reviews. I would imagine Farmer’s appointment was more down to locality, as Assistant’s at L1 and 2 tend not to travel too great a distance. Ipswich based Nick Cooper seems to get a lot of Colchester, Southend and Orient games for instance.
Lino from Tuesday on 17:42 - Nov 30 with 2114 viewsbahri

Lino from Tuesday on 16:50 - Nov 30 by peterleeblue

He must have had some good reviews/reports ,but he just crumpled. The whole display was woeful and you just hope the assessor does his job properly!!
However, I think the current crop of referees are too robotic including those in the PL.
To much media spotlight, VAR (scared sh**less of making a mistake).
Football has got itself in a right two and eight.
Given some leagues have VAR, some don't- some have goal line technology, some don't and others have diddly squat. There's almost 2 or 3 sets of rules, depending what league your in.

redandella

Lino from Tuesday on 17:46 - Nov 30 with 2106 viewsbahri

Lino from Tuesday on 17:06 - Nov 30 by longtimefan

SG2 maybe but there’s no way they’d send an SG1 team for a top of the table clash at this point in the season. To get this game I’m assuming Young must have been getting consistently good reviews. I would imagine Farmer’s appointment was more down to locality, as Assistant’s at L1 and 2 tend not to travel too great a distance. Ipswich based Nick Cooper seems to get a lot of Colchester, Southend and Orient games for instance.

Locality is interesting. I used to live in Great Yarmouth, declared that I supported Ipswich Town ............................the FA gave me a first division (now premier League) match at......
Carrow Road!!!

redandella

Lino from Tuesday on 19:42 - Nov 30 with 1917 viewshenley07

It must be a Stowmarket thing....there were some major hissy fits from the Stow parents last week towards a linesman...
And that was in a U13 EJA cup game at Haverhill,comical!
Lino from Tuesday on 19:44 - Nov 30 with 1909 viewsbraveblue

They will if his decisions are as bad as Tuesday. In any job there is no place for such incompetence.
Lino from Tuesday on 19:54 - Nov 30 with 1870 viewspeterleeblue

Lino from Tuesday on 17:06 - Nov 30 by longtimefan

I've seen SG1 on League 1 games involving Sunderland last season. Both Anthony Taylor and Lee Probert officiated high profile matches at this level.

Up here in the NE Lg1 and Lg2 assts tend to travel a bit further but I guess that's expected based on fewer clubs until you get onto the M62 corridor.
Lino from Tuesday on 20:03 - Nov 30 with 1850 viewspeterleeblue

Lino from Tuesday on 17:42 - Nov 30 by bahri

He must have had some good reviews/reports ,but he just crumpled. The whole display was woeful and you just hope the assessor does his job properly!!
However, I think the current crop of referees are too robotic including those in the PL.
To much media spotlight, VAR (scared sh**less of making a mistake).
Football has got itself in a right two and eight.
Given some leagues have VAR, some don't- some have goal line technology, some don't and others have diddly squat. There's almost 2 or 3 sets of rules, depending what league your in.

I think he crumpling thing may be something that afflicts officials used to lesser grounds in L1 and :2. I have discussed this with a couple of L1 and L2 refs that I am fortunate enough to train with and they believe there is something in that. You would think that crumpling (i know the feeling) is something that they would got out of their system by the time they get to EFL level. I guess the the "crumple" zone changes the higher up you go.

Another thing that gets my goat is the Sh!thousery of some teams and the inability of refs to cut the nonsense out. They surely arent frightened of piss pot clubs like Wycombe and Fleetwood. I can imgaine them wanting to "please" the bigger clubs with the clout but allowing these smaller clubs to essentially take the P!ss is somewhat bewildering.
Lino from Tuesday on 20:18 - Nov 30 with 1829 viewsbahri

Lino from Tuesday on 20:03 - Nov 30 by peterleeblue

I think he crumpling thing may be something that afflicts officials used to lesser grounds in L1 and :2. I have discussed this with a couple of L1 and L2 refs that I am fortunate enough to train with and they believe there is something in that. You would think that crumpling (i know the feeling) is something that they would got out of their system by the time they get to EFL level. I guess the the "crumple" zone changes the higher up you go.

Another thing that gets my goat is the Sh!thousery of some teams and the inability of refs to cut the nonsense out. They surely arent frightened of piss pot clubs like Wycombe and Fleetwood. I can imgaine them wanting to "please" the bigger clubs with the clout but allowing these smaller clubs to essentially take the P!ss is somewhat bewildering.

With regard to the Sh1thousery tactics I agree. Time wasting, petty fouls, answering back and so on. Petty fouls get 'my goat'. Whatever happened to persistent misconduct? Two, maximum three (silly) fouls, yellow card. By the time your on the pyramid (that's what it used to be called) you shouldn't crumple. Yes, all referees have bad games, but they should get' breather'- pretend your boot lace is undone, take your time to do it and think what's going on, clear your mind. However, at football league level that shouldn't happen (crumple)

redandella

Lino from Tuesday on 20:21 - Nov 30 with 1820 viewsbahri

Lino from Tuesday on 19:54 - Nov 30 by peterleeblue

I've seen SG1 on League 1 games involving Sunderland last season. Both Anthony Taylor and Lee Probert officiated high profile matches at this level.

Up here in the NE Lg1 and Lg2 assts tend to travel a bit further but I guess that's expected based on fewer clubs until you get onto the M62 corridor.

With the except of Stuart Attwell, Anthony Taylor is probably the worst referee in the PL

redandella

Lino from Tuesday on 20:24 - Nov 30 with 1813 viewslongtimefan

Lino from Tuesday on 19:54 - Nov 30 by peterleeblue

I’ll give you Lee Probert (though he was still working his way back after his back injury, which sadly has caused him now to retire). I accept this approach is sometimes used but I think you’ve probably confused Anthony Taylor with someone else as has hasn’t has a L1 match since the 2013/14 season and it wasn’t Sunderland.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 20:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024