Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS. 22:12 - Nov 29 with 4465 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FFS. on 22:16 - Nov 29 with 3196 viewsSuperblue95

What a joke

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

FFS. on 22:27 - Nov 29 with 3146 viewsLord_Lucan

If that eventually proves correct I will have to question my sandals.

Until then.............

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

FFS. on 22:30 - Nov 29 with 3134 viewsclive_baker

Let c***s like that roam the streets and kill 2 innocent civilians when he's been proven a threat to society. Madness.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

FFS. on 22:31 - Nov 29 with 3130 viewsWD19

In other news: ”One of the heroes of yesterday's London Bridge attack is a convicted murderer out on day release.”

Lock him up and throw away the key!
FFS. on 22:45 - Nov 29 with 3057 viewsElderGrizzly

Released a year ago.

He was attending a conference on Prisoner Rehabilitation nearby where he stabbed two people in the conference hall after threatening to blow it up.

Police did the right thing with single shot to the head, as no idea it was a fake suicide vest at the time.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 22:46]
FFS. on 02:21 - Nov 30 with 2801 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. on 22:45 - Nov 29 by ElderGrizzly

Released a year ago.

He was attending a conference on Prisoner Rehabilitation nearby where he stabbed two people in the conference hall after threatening to blow it up.

Police did the right thing with single shot to the head, as no idea it was a fake suicide vest at the time.

If nothing else, this clearly demonstates that the privatised probation service is clearly delivering Value For Money.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

FFS. on 02:33 - Nov 30 with 2794 viewsBlueBadger

FFS. on 22:27 - Nov 29 by Lord_Lucan

If that eventually proves correct I will have to question my sandals.

Until then.............

No questioning of sandals needed. Our increasingly privatised justice system means that there's more profit in 'turning around' offenders rather than rehabilitations or, god forbid, protecting the public.

Don't vote Tory.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

FFS. on 06:29 - Nov 30 with 2731 viewsPrideOfTheEast

FFS. on 22:30 - Nov 29 by clive_baker

Let c***s like that roam the streets and kill 2 innocent civilians when he's been proven a threat to society. Madness.

Madness indeed. Let us hope something positive comes out of this along the lines of a change in policy in relation to releasing convicted terrorists back into society so quickly (or at all).

I know next to nothing about the original case or the person himself but stepping back it’s farcical that this can happen. He pleaded guilty to preparing acts of terrorism in the UK (including in London) only 6 years ago - it’s a stretch to get even remotely comfortable he could have reformed in that time.
Login to get fewer ads

FFS. on 06:32 - Nov 30 with 2723 viewsjeera

FFS. on 22:30 - Nov 29 by clive_baker

Supposed to be a leftie thing isn't it?

Wtf is wrong with this country? The man made clear intentions to hurt the public years ago.

So they lock him up for a few years then let him out to fulfill his intentions.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

FFS. on 07:48 - Nov 30 with 2620 viewsSitfcB

FFS. on 22:45 - Nov 29 by ElderGrizzly

Released a year ago.

I can’t believe some people are saying the police shouldn’t have shot him and should have simply just arrested him.

COYB

FFS. on 08:00 - Nov 30 with 2574 viewsHerbivore

FFS. on 07:48 - Nov 30 by SitfcB

I can’t believe some people are saying the police shouldn’t have shot him and should have simply just arrested him.

Guy was wearing what could have been a suicide vest, they had to neutralise the threat. I can't see any argument for potentially placing the public at further risk.

Fair play to the group that went after him and took him down.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

FFS. on 08:05 - Nov 30 with 2548 viewstractorboy1978

FFS. on 06:29 - Nov 30 by PrideOfTheEast

Madness indeed. Let us hope something positive comes out of this along the lines of a change in policy in relation to releasing convicted terrorists back into society so quickly (or at all).

I know next to nothing about the original case or the person himself but stepping back it’s farcical that this can happen. He pleaded guilty to preparing acts of terrorism in the UK (including in London) only 6 years ago - it’s a stretch to get even remotely comfortable he could have reformed in that time.

I do feel sorry for the police and those that work in our security services - it really is a thankless task. There were apparently 12 terror plots stopped in 2018 but they really are fighting a battle that is hard to win.
FFS. on 08:07 - Nov 30 with 2538 viewsHerbivore

FFS. on 08:05 - Nov 30 by tractorboy1978

I do feel sorry for the police and those that work in our security services - it really is a thankless task. There were apparently 12 terror plots stopped in 2018 but they really are fighting a battle that is hard to win.

Especially these kinds of attacks. One individual, so no comms to potentially intercept, using a knife so not needing to buy stuff to make a bomb, which tends to raise red flags. It's hard to stop these lone wolf type attacks, particularly when resources have been cut to the bone.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

FFS. on 08:15 - Nov 30 with 2498 viewstractorboy1978

FFS. on 08:07 - Nov 30 by Herbivore

Especially these kinds of attacks. One individual, so no comms to potentially intercept, using a knife so not needing to buy stuff to make a bomb, which tends to raise red flags. It's hard to stop these lone wolf type attacks, particularly when resources have been cut to the bone.

Yeah agreed. The same when terrorists use a car as a weapon too. At the end of the day, scarily, we are relying on people being decent human beings.
FFS. on 08:37 - Nov 30 with 2410 viewsm14_blue

Who has said that?

They obviously had no choice.
FFS. on 09:19 - Nov 30 with 2316 viewsbluejacko

FFS. on 22:31 - Nov 29 by WD19

In other news: ”One of the heroes of yesterday's London Bridge attack is a convicted murderer out on day release.”

Lock him up and throw away the key!

I suppose that proves the system can rehabilitate if the person actually wants to unlike the nob head with the knife.
FFS. on 09:31 - Nov 30 with 2272 viewsHARRY10

has anyone said that ?

I presume you will post up evidence of that
FFS. on 09:33 - Nov 30 with 2260 viewsSitfcB

FFS. on 09:31 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

has anyone said that ?

I presume you will post up evidence of that

Loads of comments on twitter. Not hard to find.

COYB

FFS. on 09:49 - Nov 30 with 2194 viewsHARRY10

FFS. on 09:33 - Nov 30 by SitfcB

Loads of comments on twitter. Not hard to find.

as you have undoubtedly read many of those comments perhaps you could point us all to a few who have actually stated that he should have been arrested

as the onus is rather on you to substantiate your claim
FFS. on 09:53 - Nov 30 with 2186 viewsSitfcB

FFS. on 09:49 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

as you have undoubtedly read many of those comments perhaps you could point us all to a few who have actually stated that he should have been arrested

as the onus is rather on you to substantiate your claim

Why would I lie about it? Weird.

Here’s one anyway...

COYB

FFS. on 09:56 - Nov 30 with 2176 viewsZedRodgers

FFS. on 02:21 - Nov 30 by BlueBadger

If nothing else, this clearly demonstates that the privatised probation service is clearly delivering Value For Money.

Did you see Boris came out before the news broke of the attacker being on tag to declare how they need to get tougher on these fellas and stop them being released early. A cynical attempt at deflecting from the government’s cuts which contributed to this tragedy, before any fingers are pointed.

Ugly electioneering when parties had agreed to stop campaigning for the evening. Shame.

No, not at the moment

FFS. on 09:57 - Nov 30 with 2175 viewshampstead_blue

had his sentence reduced on appeal!

We need to grip this. Some people just don't want to live in peace.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

FFS. on 09:59 - Nov 30 with 2170 viewsHARRY10

FFS. on 09:53 - Nov 30 by SitfcB

Why would I lie about it? Weird.

Here’s one anyway...

I shouldn't take a post on twitter too seriously - plenty of weird folk on there
FFS. on 10:05 - Nov 30 with 2160 viewsbluewein

FFS. on 09:59 - Nov 30 by HARRY10

I shouldn't take a post on twitter too seriously - plenty of weird folk on there

Asks for evidence.

Told to look on twitter.

Asks for evidence from twitter.

Gets evidence from twitter.

"I shouldn't take a post on twitter too seriously ."

You've literally just got what you asked for...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

FFS. on 10:06 - Nov 30 with 2151 viewsHARRY10

FFS. on 09:56 - Nov 30 by ZedRodgers

Did you see Boris came out before the news broke of the attacker being on tag to declare how they need to get tougher on these fellas and stop them being released early. A cynical attempt at deflecting from the government’s cuts which contributed to this tragedy, before any fingers are pointed.

Ugly electioneering when parties had agreed to stop campaigning for the evening. Shame.

I expect that somehow it will be blamed on Corbyn ....

....... irrespective of who has been in government for the past decade, who was in government when this man was sentenced or who was in power when he was released.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024