Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news 14:37 - Nov 30 with 1149 viewsZedRodgers

I know it’s hardly surprising for The Sun, but perhaps those who swallow stories about a 4 day week for the NHS should consider this doctor’s opinion in the thread of tweets.

The offer of money reminds of of how The Sun used to chuck a few quid at teenage skinheads in exchange for a menacing Nazi salute photo.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 14:38]

No, not at the moment

An example of how the billionaire press on 14:39 - Nov 30 with 1121 viewsBlueBadger

Amusingly enough, most doctors and nurses now DO work a 3 or 4 day working week. and it's not that that's causing problems.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:41 - Nov 30 with 1109 viewsBigManBlue

The latest Private Eye had an amusing rundown of some of the S*n's lowest headlines of the last 50 years, which in itself is a good read.

Also of course a timely reminder that anyone who still believes any of the rubbish in that rag is probably far beyond the help of evidence or fact based reasoning.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 14:42]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:42 - Nov 30 with 1099 viewssparks

"The billionaire press".

If you stopped poisoning the well with this sort of transparent emotive and unecessary additions, and stuck to the actual point and facts, you would have more credibility.

Let's not pretend that the Mirror and Star don't do exactly the same stuff.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:43 - Nov 30 with 1079 viewsBlueBadger

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:42 - Nov 30 by sparks

"The billionaire press".

If you stopped poisoning the well with this sort of transparent emotive and unecessary additions, and stuck to the actual point and facts, you would have more credibility.

..just not to the same level of toxicity that the likes of the S*n, Mail and Express.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:44 - Nov 30 with 1082 viewsBigManBlue

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:42 - Nov 30 by sparks

"The billionaire press".

Can we all agree at least that the Daily Sport is still beyond reproach?

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:53 - Nov 30 with 1057 viewsBluefish

You know how many NHS staff have been wheeled out for labour thought right? They had them in scrubs giving out fake news dossiers. The NHS is a political football and it is funny how everyone wants to claim they love it more.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:55 - Nov 30 with 1047 viewsBlueBadger

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:53 - Nov 30 by Bluefish

You know how many NHS staff have been wheeled out for labour thought right? They had them in scrubs giving out fake news dossiers. The NHS is a political football and it is funny how everyone wants to claim they love it more.

It's almost as if the Tories have been utterly toxic to the health service every time they've had their paws on it or something and frontline staff would rather not spending another 5 years struggling against increasingly difficult conditions for themselves and their patients.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 14:59]

An example of how the billionaire press on 15:01 - Nov 30 with 1030 viewsNewcyBlue

An example of how the billionaire press on 14:39 - Nov 30 by BlueBadger

Amusingly enough, most doctors and nurses now DO work a 3 or 4 day working week. and it's not that that's causing problems.

MrsN works a 3 day week. She often does overtime shifts whilst I am at sea, and then we have loads of time together when I am home.

Life couldn’t be better when I am home.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:05 - Nov 30 with 1016 viewsmonytowbray

"The billionaire press".

Sparks isn’t a Tory though, honest.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:12 - Nov 30 with 990 viewssparks

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:05 - Nov 30 by monytowbray

Sparks isn’t a Tory though, honest.

What?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:16 - Nov 30 with 984 viewsNewcyBlue

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 14:53 - Nov 30 by Bluefish

“Wheeled out”

They’ve been rather willing.

I think I would trust the opinions of the NHS staff about the NHS. Call me crazy, but I figure they’re the best source for such things.

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:17 - Nov 30 with 972 viewsBlueBadger

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:16 - Nov 30 by NewcyBlue

“Wheeled out”

I think I would trust the opinions of the NHS staff about the NHS. Call me crazy, but I figure they’re the best source for such things.

Don't forget though, we all voted to do away with experts.

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:28 - Nov 30 with 936 viewsHerbivore

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:16 - Nov 30 by NewcyBlue

“Wheeled out”

I doubt they know as much as Blubbers about the NHS. He went to see a GP once and now he's an expert.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:29 - Nov 30 with 936 viewsNewcyBlue

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:17 - Nov 30 by BlueBadger

Don't forget though, we all voted to do away with experts.

MrsN is on some IT project. Trying to find and implement some IT system to replace the paper notes system.

She’s doing loads of extra hours whilst I am away, less clinical too. Apparently she’s got a load less clinical in January when we do another round of IVF. She feels better not doing clinical when on the downregs.

How’s things down there?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:33 - Nov 30 with 920 viewsBlueBadger

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:29 - Nov 30 by NewcyBlue

MrsN is on some IT project. Trying to find and implement some IT system to replace the paper notes system.

She’s doing loads of extra hours whilst I am away, less clinical too. Apparently she’s got a load less clinical in January when we do another round of IVF. She feels better not doing clinical when on the downregs.

How’s things down there?

Busy. We're about the only place in the region that hasn't got their 'winter escalation' beds open yet and the place has been bursting at the gills since mid-October(and indeed for most of the summer). I have a fear that this is going to be a rough winter.

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:53 - Nov 30 with 882 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s a very good example of how the billionaire press manufacture news. I would expect others to do it to, but that’s beside the point (and a good one at that).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:54 - Nov 30 with 877 viewsjaykay

you use to be a upmarket fergal but you a downmarket hamstead now

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 16:02 - Nov 30 with 858 viewsSwansea_Blue

An example of how the billionaire press manufacture the news on 15:33 - Nov 30 by BlueBadger

Busy. We're about the only place in the region that hasn't got their 'winter escalation' beds open yet and the place has been bursting at the gills since mid-October(and indeed for most of the summer). I have a fear that this is going to be a rough winter.

If you’re going to keep people alive you can’t complain if you fill up. There’s such an easy answer to all this overcrowding...

We desperately need anyone other than the Tories to win this election for the sake of the NHS (and schools, council services, the mentally ill, disabled, poor, vulnerable, etc.). Keeping my fingers crossed, for all the good it will do.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 16:08]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024