Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) 21:06 - Dec 1 with 1147 viewsketton_itfc

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 04:03 - Dec 8 with 1050 viewsKilburnBlue

Just finished watching this.

Some nice clips of her Dad when he played for Ipswich with interviews with Sergei himself & David Sheepshanks.

Heart warming documentary

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 18:58 - Dec 8 with 994 viewsLord_Lucan

I just this minute watched it, very sad.

I used to try and play tennis at Henley Rd and she was having a game with her husband on the court next to me once, looking back it must have been just before she got really ill - she could hit the ball like a motherfcker.

If it wasn't for her health problems she would easily have been in the world top 10..

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 19:05 - Dec 8 with 991 viewsgainsboroughblue

When I think of her, I more think of that little girl that accompanied her dad to a different country 30 years ago. It's so sad.

I found this on You Tube just now. Can't remember whether or not it's been shared on here before or not. It's in two parts.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 19:09 - Dec 8 with 989 viewsgainsboroughblue

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 18:58 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

I just this minute watched it, very sad.

I used to try and play tennis at Henley Rd and she was having a game with her husband on the court next to me once, looking back it must have been just before she got really ill - she could hit the ball like a motherfcker.

If it wasn't for her health problems she would easily have been in the world top 10..

If I remember too, the time from her diagnosis to passing was really quick as well. Plus she had only recent got married.

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 20:03 - Dec 8 with 973 viewsLord_Lucan

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 19:09 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

If I remember too, the time from her diagnosis to passing was really quick as well. Plus she had only recent got married.

She was diagnosed with some sort of bad liver problem at the early stages of her professional career but I suppose they assumed or were advised that medication would keep it under control.

By all accounts she struggled even on her wedding day and had to keep going for a lay down to rest and very soon after the wedding she was diagnosed with some kind of liver cancer and went downhill very quickly.

I would recommend watching the documentary.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 20:08 - Dec 8 with 964 viewsgainsboroughblue

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 20:03 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

She was diagnosed with some sort of bad liver problem at the early stages of her professional career but I suppose they assumed or were advised that medication would keep it under control.

By all accounts she struggled even on her wedding day and had to keep going for a lay down to rest and very soon after the wedding she was diagnosed with some kind of liver cancer and went downhill very quickly.

I would recommend watching the documentary.

I will when I've finished 'Our Friends in the North'!

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 20:32 - Dec 8 with 952 viewsLord_Lucan

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 20:08 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

I will when I've finished 'Our Friends in the North'!

Tremendous stuff Gainsy

Where did you find it - and had you seen it before?

Gina McKee was / is something of an infatuation of mine.

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 20:50 - Dec 8 with 948 viewsgainsboroughblue

Programme on Elena Baltacha on BBC Alba now (n/t) on 20:32 - Dec 8 by Lord_Lucan

Tremendous stuff Gainsy

Where did you find it - and had you seen it before?

Gina McKee was / is something of an infatuation of mine.

All episodes on You Tube.

Been watching a couple a day since you mentioned it. Bit heavy going I found for a binge.

I remember it being around and seeing trailers and the like at the time but around '95/96 when it was transmitted, I was living at home and spent most nights out of the house and in the pub so kind of passed me by.

I'm up to '84 now and it's all Scargill and strikes. McKee and Eccleston's characters are thankfully reconcilling. Didn't like Mark Strong's character.

It is good. Can't really beat a UK drama.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024