Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson 23:21 - Dec 1 with 1519 viewsMaySixth

great lad Chambers and put in sterling service but not sure how he gets in front of those two at the moment

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 01:21 - Dec 2 with 1461 viewsGarv

For me it’s pretty clear. Wilson has been good but he’s not Chambers, who has been every bit as good as was expected at the start of the season. A couple of ‘errors’, most notably in his first game. In my opinion neither of the two recent penalties were ones.

Woolfenden is a different argument. I imagine he would probably say Chambers has been a great help alongside him though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 01:43 - Dec 2 with 1453 viewsharlingblue

Wilson has done well as a defensive centre back, but his passing is woeful. Chambers is the heartbeat of the team and normally chooses to deal with our opponents most difficult striker, while Woolfenden is a good defender that also has a sublime pass. So I feel that your comment on Chambers is a trifle unfair.
Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 14:46 - Dec 2 with 1195 viewsLusor

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 01:43 - Dec 2 by harlingblue

Wilson has done well as a defensive centre back, but his passing is woeful. Chambers is the heartbeat of the team and normally chooses to deal with our opponents most difficult striker, while Woolfenden is a good defender that also has a sublime pass. So I feel that your comment on Chambers is a trifle unfair.

In Wilson's defence, he is the only CB being played permanently on his wrong foot. His long cross field passes have been excellent. We look more solid with W and W playing together - fewer errors.
Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 16:56 - Dec 2 with 1140 viewsPilgrimblue

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 14:46 - Dec 2 by Lusor

In Wilson's defence, he is the only CB being played permanently on his wrong foot. His long cross field passes have been excellent. We look more solid with W and W playing together - fewer errors.

I'm not sure about Wilson. He's ok at clearing to safety but passing isn't great nor does he have confidence to bring out so for me he's behind Chambo and Woofy.
We desperately need a lefty as too many clearances on left go out of touch from CBs. OK we've got Garby but that's only one unless Kenlock plays too.
Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 20:50 - Dec 2 with 1067 viewsWickets

I have been a big fan of Luke since he first came to us , always been a great team man and captain but just have a feeling that he is finding things a bit tough at the moment . I think last season took a lot out of him and as yet he has not been anywhere near his best, too many errors several of which thankfully have not cost us . Hopefully he can turn his form around but i am just a bit worried that time has caught up with him. Cricket saying , you can only go to the well so many times before you get there and find its empty . We do need a big leader on the pitch for the rest of the season just hope Luke can be that leader as i dont seem anyone else at the club who can do that job as yet.
Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 20:59 - Dec 2 with 1055 viewsitfcjoe

Streets ahead of Wilson for me, and him and Woolfie forming a good partnership.

Wilson been an able deputy, and will continue to be so but we miss Chambers when he doesn't play

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 21:33 - Dec 2 with 1027 viewsHerbivore

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 20:59 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

Streets ahead of Wilson for me, and him and Woolfie forming a good partnership.

Wilson been an able deputy, and will continue to be so but we miss Chambers when he doesn't play

This. So obviously this that I wonder what on earth the OP has been watching.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 08:47 - Dec 3 with 922 viewsNazemariner

Wilson is no more than a blocker, and has excelled at it to date. To put him ahead of Chambers is just plain daft. Sure he’s made a few errors, but it’s almost like you’ve not been there to see all the good stuff he does 🤔
Login to get fewer ads

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 09:23 - Dec 3 with 897 viewsKieran_Knows

Maybe.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 09:25 - Dec 3 with 896 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 09:55 - Dec 3 with 881 viewsrickw

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 08:47 - Dec 3 by Nazemariner

Wilson is no more than a blocker, and has excelled at it to date. To put him ahead of Chambers is just plain daft. Sure he’s made a few errors, but it’s almost like you’ve not been there to see all the good stuff he does 🤔

I agree, Chambers clearly gives more to the team.

However if we get promoted, is he at 35 going to be the answer in the Championship or will we then need a new partner for Woolfenden?

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 09:57 - Dec 3 with 878 viewsitfcjoe

Chambers is our third best centre back behind Woolfenden and Wilson on 09:55 - Dec 3 by rickw

I agree, Chambers clearly gives more to the team.

However if we get promoted, is he at 35 going to be the answer in the Championship or will we then need a new partner for Woolfenden?

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but likely he'll need replacing

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 09:57 - Dec 3 with 877 viewsBiGDonnie

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 09:25 - Dec 3 by Dyland

He likes to stoke the fire then watch the sh*t show from afar.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 10:21 - Dec 3 with 857 viewsSuperblue95

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 09:25 - Dec 3 by Dyland

It’s a Tuesday morning so it’s time for his weekly game of posting “yes” or “no” on various threads.

You might get your answer as yet

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 10:27 - Dec 3 with 848 viewswkj

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 10:21 - Dec 3 by Superblue95

It’s a Tuesday morning so it’s time for his weekly game of posting “yes” or “no” on various threads.

You might get your answer as yet

"Haters gonna hate"

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 11:03 - Dec 3 with 820 viewsSuperblue95

Have you ever replied to a response to one of your OPs? (n/t) on 10:27 - Dec 3 by wkj

"Haters gonna hate"

*H8urz

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024