Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Marriott 22:53 - Dec 2 with 1966 viewsTerry_Nutkins

bit of an enigma isn't he. Seems to be really struggling again now. If we went up....a cheeky bid? (that's a joke - still be expensive)

Seems his head goes a bit when things not going for him. might need a fresh start.

For all Micks abuse for selling, he's finding himself in a similaf spot there again now. Bit more game time but 1 goal in 14 and well behind Waghorn in pecking order.

Was happy to see him to well so hope he can rediscover his form.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Jack Marriott on 23:00 - Dec 2 with 1934 viewswkj

I hope he doesn't go the way of Luke Murphy, Ryan Colclough, and Nick Powell. All three of those players seemed to stop pushing their potential once they landed a decent contract and have ended up coming short in relation to the promise and potential they once had.

Somewhat ITK on one of those players, I know the big man ego crept in both on and off the pitch, when a bit of concentration and humility might not have cut their rise to the top short.

Whether Mariott has a complex like this or not has been debated before, but it is certainly clear the lad seems to play a lot better when he has something to prove. I hope he comes good as he was a helluva exciting player in the youth team and no reason he cant bring that to the professional game at a very high level, he's just got to push himself.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 23:01]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jack Marriott on 23:06 - Dec 2 with 1921 viewsMrTown

Jack Marriott on 23:00 - Dec 2 by wkj

I hope he doesn't go the way of Luke Murphy, Ryan Colclough, and Nick Powell. All three of those players seemed to stop pushing their potential once they landed a decent contract and have ended up coming short in relation to the promise and potential they once had.

Somewhat ITK on one of those players, I know the big man ego crept in both on and off the pitch, when a bit of concentration and humility might not have cut their rise to the top short.

Whether Mariott has a complex like this or not has been debated before, but it is certainly clear the lad seems to play a lot better when he has something to prove. I hope he comes good as he was a helluva exciting player in the youth team and no reason he cant bring that to the professional game at a very high level, he's just got to push himself.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 23:01]

Nick Powell and Colclough had terrible attitudes. Somewhat ITK with them 2 from their time at Crewe.

Powell was really bad though. Did him no favours going to Man Utd were he from a somebody to a nobody very quickly.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Jack Marriott on 08:11 - Dec 3 with 1584 viewsBluefish

I posted about Marriott last season and the usual blubbers were wailing on here, trying to be right while they had no idea. Phil then deleted the thread a few months later for some unknown reason. I have it on very very good authority what he is like and the reason why he struggles for games, i don't quite understand why this upsets a certain type on here.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jack Marriott on 09:24 - Dec 3 with 1481 viewswkj

Jack Marriott on 08:11 - Dec 3 by Bluefish

I posted about Marriott last season and the usual blubbers were wailing on here, trying to be right while they had no idea. Phil then deleted the thread a few months later for some unknown reason. I have it on very very good authority what he is like and the reason why he struggles for games, i don't quite understand why this upsets a certain type on here.

Because we're right, and you aspire to be.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jack Marriott on 14:04 - Dec 3 with 1267 viewsBloomBlue

Also talking of old strikers where is Rhodes these days?
Jack Marriott on 15:26 - Dec 4 with 941 viewsHipsterectomy

Jack Marriott on 14:04 - Dec 3 by BloomBlue

Also talking of old strikers where is Rhodes these days?

Just had a look and he’s got 20 league goals in over 4 years.

How do you go from being a 20-40 goal a season striker to 5 a season

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024