Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Online Premier League footie 10:32 - Dec 3 with 2190 viewswkj

For those with a prime account that has a bit of an itch for footie, and don't shill out for BT or Sky, Amazon debuts their Premier League month of coverage tonight.

3/12/19
Burnley V Man City
Palace V Bournemouth

And yet probably more tasty is tomorrow's offerings
Man U v Spurs
Liverpool v Everton
Leicester v Watford
Chelsea v Villa
Wolves v Wet Spam

Seems the pundits are Danny Higgingbottom, Eni Aluko, Jermaine Jenas, Clinton Morrison and Karen Carney on quite a relaxed backdrop. I have faith the coverage might actually seem down to earth and no nonsense.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 10:37]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Online Premier League footie on 10:37 - Dec 3 with 1804 viewsTractorCam

Those pundits are enough reason not to watch.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Online Premier League footie on 10:38 - Dec 3 with 1794 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 10:37 - Dec 3 by TractorCam

You know, Jermaine Jenas is actually growing on me quite a lot. When he first went into the media game I thought he was a train wreck, but he really seems to have grown in to it.

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 10:38 - Dec 3 with 1791 viewsfooters

They should've gone all out to get Robbie Savage.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Online Premier League footie on 10:40 - Dec 3 with 1785 viewsTractorCam

Online Premier League footie on 10:38 - Dec 3 by wkj

You know, Jermaine Jenas is actually growing on me quite a lot. When he first went into the media game I thought he was a train wreck, but he really seems to have grown in to it.

On that matter I actually don't mind Clinton Morrison, think he's grown into it as well.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Online Premier League footie on 10:41 - Dec 3 with 1781 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 10:38 - Dec 3 by footers

Peter Crouch, Gabby Roslin, Robbie Savage and Ian Holloway would be the dream

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 10:42 - Dec 3 with 1774 viewsfooters

Online Premier League footie on 10:41 - Dec 3 by wkj

Peter Crouch, Gabby Roslin, Robbie Savage and Ian Holloway would be the dream

You forgot C**** S*****.

Online Premier League footie on 10:46 - Dec 3 with 1760 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 10:42 - Dec 3 by footers

You forgot C**** S*****.

Craig Simons is a knob

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 10:56 - Dec 3 with 1742 viewsVaughan8

Will we see the return of Andy Townsend?

Those pundits stated in the OP are awful. I think there are more "established" people like Alan Shearer, Michael Owen (meh!), Thierry Henry, Gabby Logan etc on as well at some point if you like those.....! haha

Its going to be like the BT sport European nights when you get strange ones like Nigel Spackman commentating....!
Login to get fewer ads

Online Premier League footie on 11:10 - Dec 3 with 1721 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 10:56 - Dec 3 by Vaughan8

Those pundits stated in the OP are awful. I think there are more "established" people like Alan Shearer, Michael Owen (meh!), Thierry Henry, Gabby Logan etc on as well at some point if you like those.....! haha

Its going to be like the BT sport European nights when you get strange ones like Nigel Spackman commentating....!

Its hard to say really, seems as this is a tester for Amazon I hope that it works out. I am all for the monopoly on sports coverage to be weakened.

Edit: Apparently Matty Holland is also going to be part of it too.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 11:15]

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 11:15 - Dec 3 with 1710 viewsfooters

Keep it schtum, but my mate was doing an MOT on a certain tactics truck last week. Few bald tyres needed changing but apparently deemed roadworthy.

Online Premier League footie on 11:17 - Dec 3 with 1705 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 11:15 - Dec 3 by footers

Keep it schtum, but my mate was doing an MOT on a certain tactics truck last week. Few bald tyres needed changing but apparently deemed roadworthy.

The Prime Partner van? Sign me up twice over

Crybaby

They should get that doris that..... on 11:24 - Dec 3 with 1688 viewsBloots

....does 606 every now and then.

Think she does LUTV online.

Emma Jones?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Online Premier League footie on 13:07 - Dec 3 with 1639 viewsJohnny_Boy

Anyone else think there’s something a little off having to have 3 separate subscriptions (Sky / BT Sport / Amazon) just to view one particular product?
Online Premier League footie on 13:30 - Dec 3 with 1619 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 13:07 - Dec 3 by Johnny_Boy

Anyone else think there’s something a little off having to have 3 separate subscriptions (Sky / BT Sport / Amazon) just to view one particular product?

I really don't. Well, I should say that I don't see this as any worse as one company having exclusive rights to a sport and able to control the price in such a monopoly. Does this not make more games available as a whole rather than take games away from one platform to show on another? In that case, I can only see it as a win-win situation.

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 13:34 - Dec 3 with 1600 viewsGarv

Established doesn't mean good.

I can't stand Shearer.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Online Premier League footie on 13:37 - Dec 3 with 1589 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 13:34 - Dec 3 by Garv

Established doesn't mean good.

I can't stand Shearer.

He is hit and miss with me, I like it when he calls out things that are clearly wrong in games in a very reasoned way. However, his general outlook on games often just fades out to mere background noise.

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 13:37 - Dec 3 with 1598 viewsJohnny_Boy

Online Premier League footie on 13:30 - Dec 3 by wkj

I really don't. Well, I should say that I don't see this as any worse as one company having exclusive rights to a sport and able to control the price in such a monopoly. Does this not make more games available as a whole rather than take games away from one platform to show on another? In that case, I can only see it as a win-win situation.

So you are happy to hypothetically pay annually (or monthly) for 3 separate services to watch (in all sense & purpose) the same product?

Now, if it was available for Free To Air, then I’d agree with your original sentiments.

EDIT: I’ve got an IPTV subscription. I can watch ALL major football leagues, full iFollow coverage (Champ/L1/L2), plus World TV for £50 a year.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 13:46]
Online Premier League footie on 13:46 - Dec 3 with 1574 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 13:37 - Dec 3 by Johnny_Boy

So you are happy to hypothetically pay annually (or monthly) for 3 separate services to watch (in all sense & purpose) the same product?

Now, if it was available for Free To Air, then I’d agree with your original sentiments.

EDIT: I’ve got an IPTV subscription. I can watch ALL major football leagues, full iFollow coverage (Champ/L1/L2), plus World TV for £50 a year.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 13:46]

I am happy for the choice of platforms yes, especially as Prime offers a broad range of other services for the price. I don't subscribe to Sky or BT Sport as I don't see them as value for money.

Given the fact that this is increasing the total number of broadcast games as a total per season, I don't really see why people would feel obligated to sign up for all three. If it turned into Amazon, BT and Sky in a 3-way split of games, thus diluting the number of games shown on Sky and/or BT then I can see more weight to your argument, but as it stands it is increasing the supply (number of broadcast games) as a whole, so I support it entirely.

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 13:48 - Dec 3 with 1571 viewsGarv

Online Premier League footie on 13:37 - Dec 3 by wkj

He is hit and miss with me, I like it when he calls out things that are clearly wrong in games in a very reasoned way. However, his general outlook on games often just fades out to mere background noise.

I think he likes to try and shout the loudest and be dramatic to be heard and be relevant. He's quite old school and criticizes constantly. Also has a tendency to contradict himself when it comes to penalty decisions, handballs etc... in my opinion anyway!
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 13:48]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Online Premier League footie on 13:53 - Dec 3 with 1565 viewsJohnny_Boy

Online Premier League footie on 13:46 - Dec 3 by wkj

I am happy for the choice of platforms yes, especially as Prime offers a broad range of other services for the price. I don't subscribe to Sky or BT Sport as I don't see them as value for money.

Given the fact that this is increasing the total number of broadcast games as a total per season, I don't really see why people would feel obligated to sign up for all three. If it turned into Amazon, BT and Sky in a 3-way split of games, thus diluting the number of games shown on Sky and/or BT then I can see more weight to your argument, but as it stands it is increasing the supply (number of broadcast games) as a whole, so I support it entirely.

If Ipswich were in the Premiership & a screening % of games were split between BT Sport, Amazon & SKY, I think your ‘not obligated’ argument would sound pretty hollow if you wanted to watch those games. Or should I say watch them legally & at home.

It’s fairly simple to stream all games in FHD online for free.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 13:55]
Online Premier League footie on 18:54 - Dec 3 with 1488 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 13:53 - Dec 3 by Johnny_Boy

If Ipswich were in the Premiership & a screening % of games were split between BT Sport, Amazon & SKY, I think your ‘not obligated’ argument would sound pretty hollow if you wanted to watch those games. Or should I say watch them legally & at home.

It’s fairly simple to stream all games in FHD online for free.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 13:55]

I am not completely discounting your point of view here as I get what you're saying, for example Netflix used to pretty much be the only streaming entertainment hub, and now you are seeing more and more, but I just cant see past the possitives behind sky not having an outright monopoly, seems as BT Sports actually benefits them too.

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 18:59 - Dec 3 with 1480 viewsJ2BLUE

Online Premier League footie on 13:30 - Dec 3 by wkj

Sky didn't drop the price by even a penny when they lose some Prem games and the Champions League. BT is now expensive as well. Amazon just adds another layer.

The Prem chasing money might be their downfall as they spread the football over too many retailers and fans decide not to bother.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Online Premier League footie on 19:03 - Dec 3 with 1474 viewswkj

Online Premier League footie on 18:59 - Dec 3 by J2BLUE

Sky didn't drop the price by even a penny when they lose some Prem games and the Champions League. BT is now expensive as well. Amazon just adds another layer.

The Prem chasing money might be their downfall as they spread the football over too many retailers and fans decide not to bother.

I am thinking more further ahead... when Jeff Bez stumbles on something he wants, he goes all out. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to take on Sky head to head after this three years... I mean... They have Gaby Logan on the Man City game ffs... already a success

Crybaby

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:14 - Dec 3 with 1463 viewswkj

[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 19:41]

Crybaby

Online Premier League footie on 19:39 - Dec 3 with 1433 viewssundaze

Online Premier League footie on 10:38 - Dec 3 by footers

What makes you think they haven't?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024