Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ball boys/girls 13:01 - Dec 3 with 4362 viewsReuser_is_God

Bit of a hot topic at the minute due to the Spurs lad getting an assist in the Champions League last week but does anyone else share my huge frustration at the ball boys/girls we get at ITFC?

They just sit there on their cushion watching the ball go past them & when one of the girls last week at the Wycombe match did actually retrieve the ball she then didn't know what to do with despite the players being in the box & the corner taker also being in position. In the end that lino with the massive chin had to tell her what to do which is a damning indictment in itself.

At least have people do the job that understand the game.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ball boys/girls on 13:03 - Dec 3 with 2451 viewsStokieBlue

I think it's pretty far down the list of things wrong with Town at the moment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ball boys/girls on 13:04 - Dec 3 with 2438 viewsBluefish

Only virgins are bothered by this

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ball boys/girls on 13:04 - Dec 3 with 2439 viewsReuser_is_God

Ball boys/girls on 13:04 - Dec 3 by Bluefish

Only virgins are bothered by this

Perhaps I should set up a YouTube channel for this?

Evans out

Ball boys/girls on 13:05 - Dec 3 with 2441 viewsReuser_is_God

Ball boys/girls on 13:03 - Dec 3 by StokieBlue

SB

I'm not sure it is to be honest.

We were 0-0 in a top of the table clash & we had a ball girl who had to ask the lino who to give the ball too when we had a corner.

Evans out

Ball boys/girls on 13:06 - Dec 3 with 2415 viewsBluefish

Ball boys/girls on 13:04 - Dec 3 by Reuser_is_God

Perhaps I should set up a YouTube channel for this?

Probably already is one

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ball boys/girls on 13:07 - Dec 3 with 2419 viewsStokieBlue

Ball boys/girls on 13:05 - Dec 3 by Reuser_is_God

We were 0-0 in a top of the table clash & we had a ball girl who had to ask the lino who to give the ball too when we had a corner.

We were 0-0 against a rather poor team.

I'd worry more about that to be honest - probably best to start with why we didn't have any shots on target.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ball boys/girls on 13:10 - Dec 3 with 2400 viewsVaughan8

Struggling for something to moan about today? haha

Football is getting ridiculous if we're worrying about how good the ball boys/girls are...….!

As Stokie said, there is more things to worry about at ITFC!
Ball boys/girls on 13:16 - Dec 3 with 2377 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Could offer your services? I assume the pay is minimal but a lovely view of the match, and I’m sure people won’t take the p*ss out of you too much

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Ball boys/girls on 13:19 - Dec 3 with 2363 viewsRyorry

I agree actually. A bit of training for them wouldn't come amiss, and wouldn't cost more than an hour of a junior member of staff's time per week, as opposed to a six-figure sum for an additional striker or other player.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ball boys/girls on 13:22 - Dec 3 with 2348 viewsReuser_is_God

Ball boys/girls on 13:16 - Dec 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Could offer your services? I assume the pay is minimal but a lovely view of the match, and I’m sure people won’t take the p*ss out of you too much

Given my IQ is higher than 20 I feel like I'm over qualified.

See also bar staff at PR.

Evans out

Ball boys/girls on 13:23 - Dec 3 with 2340 viewsfooters

We should call them ballpersons.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Ball boys/girls on 13:34 - Dec 3 with 2300 viewsGeoffSentence

SB

The number of hand driers in the gents loos in the SBR. That's what is bugging me about Town. You queue up behind dozens of people for a slash, there's a scrum for the sinks to wash your hands with.

Then there are just a couple of hand driers.

I never know whether to leave with wet hands or just go the full John Cobbold.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ball boys/girls on 13:40 - Dec 3 with 2265 viewsfactual_blue

Ball boys/girls on 13:23 - Dec 3 by footers

We should call them ballpersons.

balls

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ball boys/girls on 14:31 - Dec 3 with 2210 viewsJohnWarksTash

I'll be honest...I think you are being harsh. My lad and his team mates (Sax U13's) were a ballboys/girls for the Rotherham game and the whole team were praised for the job they did.

They do have a briefing regarding what to do and whether they have any questions, and the advice they are given if they are unsure what to do is ask the lino.

Please don't try and blame the kids for results that haven't gone our way. If you feel the need to pick on young kids then you might want to take a long hard look at yourself.
Ball boys/girls on 14:33 - Dec 3 with 2198 viewstextbackup

SB

Well no.
All pieces of the jigsaw need to be in place don’t they. Missing the fine details often results in a bigger overall issue
Back in the late 90’s the same ball boys were used weekly and were drilled to know their roles
Didn’t cost a penny either. Just common sense

TB

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ball boys/girls on 15:36 - Dec 3 with 2128 viewsflimflam

The ball boys / girls are different each match and are local teams invited to do the job so not sure any of them have more than a 15 minute briefing before the match.
My girl has done it before and they are fairly restricted in what they can / cannot do.

The girls team I manage are doing a a match in the new year so hopefully they match your expected standard :-)

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Ball boys/girls on 15:43 - Dec 3 with 2110 viewsSouperJim

Ball boys/girls on 14:31 - Dec 3 by JohnWarksTash

I'll be honest...I think you are being harsh. My lad and his team mates (Sax U13's) were a ballboys/girls for the Rotherham game and the whole team were praised for the job they did.

They do have a briefing regarding what to do and whether they have any questions, and the advice they are given if they are unsure what to do is ask the lino.

Please don't try and blame the kids for results that haven't gone our way. If you feel the need to pick on young kids then you might want to take a long hard look at yourself.

My personal favourite is when grown adults start giving a 10 year old dogs abuse, e.g. for not retrieving a ball which has bounced back onto the pitch, despite them being strictly told not to enter the field of play.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Ball boys/girls on 15:44 - Dec 3 with 2107 viewstrncbluearmy

100% this, ours without exception are useless

remember the whu ballboys in playoffs (used yoof team I think) they were brilliant completely hostile to ITFC, worth an extra 5%

Well coached ballboys could be a big asset
Ball boys/girls on 15:57 - Dec 3 with 2088 viewslongtimefan

I must admit to sometimes finding their lack of involvement annoying. It’s obviously not all of them but there have been some just not interested. I think it was one of the last two games when either Holy or Norris had to walk past the sitting ball boy/girl to get the ball from close to the corner flag at the Churchmans’ end. If it was me at that sort of age I’d have be been straining at the leash to get my hands on the ball.
Ball boys/girls on 16:04 - Dec 3 with 2081 viewsitfcjoe

I got really annoyed about this once and e-mailed the club, was years ago because I got a response from Terry Baxter and Jim Magilton.

Jim said he had been frustrated with them, he had it so it was academy players and positioned in places so that they could watch the game in a position relative to where they played - and he'd given a few a b0llocking for not concentrating, and not understanding that when we were losing they should be busting a gut to get there etc, and be switched on to the state of the game.

Now it is just local teams, who generally struggle. I guess doing it once and then never again means you don't know what to do, or lack a bit of confidence. There should just be a regular team of ball boys/girls as there used to be, one of my friends did it and she must have been doing it for 3-4 seasons (or it felt like that when we were young)
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 16:07]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ball boys/girls on 16:34 - Dec 3 with 2022 viewstextbackup

Ball boys/girls on 16:04 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

I got really annoyed about this once and e-mailed the club, was years ago because I got a response from Terry Baxter and Jim Magilton.

Jim said he had been frustrated with them, he had it so it was academy players and positioned in places so that they could watch the game in a position relative to where they played - and he'd given a few a b0llocking for not concentrating, and not understanding that when we were losing they should be busting a gut to get there etc, and be switched on to the state of the game.

Now it is just local teams, who generally struggle. I guess doing it once and then never again means you don't know what to do, or lack a bit of confidence. There should just be a regular team of ball boys/girls as there used to be, one of my friends did it and she must have been doing it for 3-4 seasons (or it felt like that when we were young)

Was always the case, proper football fans too that loved Town, knew a few of them, and still do.

Ball boys/girls on 16:37 - Dec 3 with 2003 viewsPJH

Ball boys/girls on 16:34 - Dec 3 by textbackup

Was always the case, proper football fans too that loved Town, knew a few of them, and still do.

and one ex ITFC ball boy became World Darts Champion.
Ball boys/girls on 16:46 - Dec 3 with 1983 viewstextbackup

Ball boys/girls on 16:37 - Dec 3 by PJH

and one ex ITFC ball boy became World Darts Champion.

And his nephews all ballboyed at Town too (I think)

Ball boys/girls on 16:47 - Dec 3 with 1979 viewsPJH

Ball boys/girls on 16:46 - Dec 3 by textbackup

And his nephews all ballboyed at Town too (I think)

No idea but I know that the day(or weekend) he won the World Championship we beat Charlton 3-2 at The Valley in the F.A. Cup with Warky getting a late winner.
Ball boys/girls on 16:55 - Dec 3 with 1963 viewsReuser_is_God

Ball boys/girls on 16:04 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Jim Magilton is basically god so I'm not surprised he shares my view.

You'd think the fact they get lads/girls from local teams would be of a benefit though as they should understand the game.

I'm getting fed up of calling kids cnts every other week because they cannot do a simple task to be honest.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024