Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know how you all love polls? 13:40 - Dec 3 with 2139 viewsBrixtonBlue

Even the Torygraph is saying Corbyn is closing in on Boris, with the gap now down to single figures.

Come on Labour!!!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/12/03/general-election-2019-opinion-po

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You know how you all love polls? on 13:50 - Dec 3 with 1361 viewsBluefish

Oooh that's good, Labour can still lose but claim that they won again and everyone is happy......

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

You know how you all love polls? on 13:50 - Dec 3 with 1361 viewsGeoffSentence

this is just domnic cummings fiddling the figures so tory voters dont get complacent.

come election day the tories will have it by a landslide

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

You know how you all love polls? on 13:52 - Dec 3 with 1363 viewsGuthrum

Rather a good little programme on Radio 4 this morning, about 11am, with Prof Sir John Curtice talking about polling, accuracy and other issues.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

You know how you all love polls? on 13:53 - Dec 3 with 1347 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know how you all love polls? on 13:50 - Dec 3 by Bluefish

Oooh that's good, Labour can still lose but claim that they won again and everyone is happy......

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You know how you all love polls? on 13:54 - Dec 3 with 1340 viewsWD19

You know how you all love polls? on 13:50 - Dec 3 by Bluefish

Do you remember that time back in the day when we drew 0-9 with Manchester United away. TWTD.
You know how you all love polls? on 13:56 - Dec 3 with 1328 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know how you all love polls? on 13:52 - Dec 3 by Guthrum

Rather a good little programme on Radio 4 this morning, about 11am, with Prof Sir John Curtice talking about polling, accuracy and other issues.

What was the gist?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

You know how you all love polls? on 13:59 - Dec 3 with 1319 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

You know how you all love polls? on 13:50 - Dec 3 by GeoffSentence

this is just domnic cummings fiddling the figures so tory voters dont get complacent.

come election day the tories will have it by a landslide

Disagree Mr Sentence. I can see Labour closing the gap enough by Election Day. This run up has the hallmarks of 2017 written all over it. Hung parliament here we come.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

You know how you all love polls? on 14:01 - Dec 3 with 1314 viewshampstead_blue

It was good.

I almost feel you can so much time looking at poles your head spins and you begin to express multiple feelings of; worry/relax/false hope/blind panic

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

You know how you all love polls? on 14:05 - Dec 3 with 1290 viewslongtimefan

There was also an interesting fact checking programme on at 9 this morning on Radio 4 (More or Less). Completely demolished Cons 40 new Hospitals claim but surprisingly came down in favour of the 50000 additional nurses claim. Also said that while Labour’s proposed Corporation Tax hike would only raise us to an average rate for Europe, the actual government tax take would be top of the European league table, due to the much wider scope used for Corporation tax in the UK compared to other countries.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 14:09]
You know how you all love polls? on 14:15 - Dec 3 with 1254 viewsGeoffSentence

You know how you all love polls? on 14:05 - Dec 3 by longtimefan

There was also an interesting fact checking programme on at 9 this morning on Radio 4 (More or Less). Completely demolished Cons 40 new Hospitals claim but surprisingly came down in favour of the 50000 additional nurses claim. Also said that while Labour’s proposed Corporation Tax hike would only raise us to an average rate for Europe, the actual government tax take would be top of the European league table, due to the much wider scope used for Corporation tax in the UK compared to other countries.

I just caught the bit about hospitals, it turned out that something like a half of them are cottage hospitals in Dorset that had few or no overnight beds.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

You know how you all love polls? on 14:17 - Dec 3 with 1250 viewsGuthrum

You know how you all love polls? on 13:56 - Dec 3 by BrixtonBlue

What was the gist?

More generally informative than making a specific point. Only 30 minutes long, worth a listen on catch-up.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

You know how you all love polls? on 14:17 - Dec 3 with 1251 viewsActionMan

When you unironically cheer a political party who if elected will be no different than the one currently in power as they will deliver no promises, blame it on the previous Government for as many years as they can get away with and the cycle will continue forever more. Just look at what the blue and red religious devotees were screaming at each-other for last week, the Tories claiming that Labour would release terrorists onto the streets, after a terrorist who was released by the Conservatives killed people on the streets, while Labour agreeing they would do just as the current Government is, and the Tories claimed that would be bad .... so vote for them. It's a joke.

A basic intelligence test is whether or not your stupid enough to keen voting Con-Lab-Lib and expect change. If you back any of those three and genuinely think it will change anything you are an absolute idiot. Their MP's are literally stealing a living off of your religious dedication to to colour of the silly rosettes they were and there is a reason they are normally won by horses and dogs who win competitions...

Meanwhile your MP's, not doing what they were elected to do, or promises are laughing it up saying..
You know how you all love polls? on 14:22 - Dec 3 with 1238 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know how you all love polls? on 14:17 - Dec 3 by ActionMan

When you unironically cheer a political party who if elected will be no different than the one currently in power as they will deliver no promises, blame it on the previous Government for as many years as they can get away with and the cycle will continue forever more. Just look at what the blue and red religious devotees were screaming at each-other for last week, the Tories claiming that Labour would release terrorists onto the streets, after a terrorist who was released by the Conservatives killed people on the streets, while Labour agreeing they would do just as the current Government is, and the Tories claimed that would be bad .... so vote for them. It's a joke.

A basic intelligence test is whether or not your stupid enough to keen voting Con-Lab-Lib and expect change. If you back any of those three and genuinely think it will change anything you are an absolute idiot. Their MP's are literally stealing a living off of your religious dedication to to colour of the silly rosettes they were and there is a reason they are normally won by horses and dogs who win competitions...

Meanwhile your MP's, not doing what they were elected to do, or promises are laughing it up saying..

Calling people "idiots" for having a different opinion to you is not a good look. I also think Labour is a lot different to the Labour of the recent past.

You know how you all love polls? on 14:23 - Dec 3 with 1232 viewshomer_123

You know how you all love polls? on 13:54 - Dec 3 by WD19

Do you remember that time back in the day when we drew 0-9 with Manchester United away. TWTD.

Norwich'esq levels of #winning

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

You know how you all love polls? on 14:25 - Dec 3 with 1231 viewshomer_123

YouGov is the one current pollster that has been closer/ better at predicting than others (not least as they have built their own system from the ground up and not relied on self-selecting panels). Far too much credence is given to polling and pollsters but FWIW:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/11/30/political-track
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 14:27]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

You know how you all love polls? on 14:32 - Dec 3 with 1200 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know how you all love polls? on 14:05 - Dec 3 by longtimefan

The manifesto claim is quite clever. It's specifically states 'more' nurses, not 'new' nurses. So it can be defended by saying there will be more nurses than there otherwise would have been. The 'new' element has largely been introduced by commentators (I'd have to check interviews to see if any ministers have used the word 'new' rather than 'more').

Of course, this ignores that there is always an element of retention, and that retention figures are not normally included in claims of increased resources. They haven't taken this approach with their police officers claim, for example, where they talk about new/more interchangeably.

It's clever. It deliberately duplicitous, but clever. People spend more time talking about the semantics of the word usage than they do challenging their appalling record of delivery over the last 9 years, which includes:

- current reduction in nurses, and ~static nurse recruitment over last 9 years (less than 1% increase in nurses from 2010-2019; prior to 2009 the average ANNUAL increase in numbers was 2.5%):

- increasing number of unfilled vacancies

- increased rate of nurses leaving the profession

- rising turnover of nursing staff

This is their legacy they should be judged on, not more empty promises.

You know how you all love polls? on 14:33 - Dec 3 with 1201 viewsitfcjoe

Interesting that both parties are still increasing and the extra votes are coming purely from other parties going across.

Feels similar to 2017 when it basically turned into an American 2 party system

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

You know how you all love polls? on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 1174 viewsHARRY10

You know how you all love polls? on 13:59 - Dec 3 by StochesStotasBlewe

Disagree Mr Sentence. I can see Labour closing the gap enough by Election Day. This run up has the hallmarks of 2017 written all over it. Hung parliament here we come.

Which would mean a Corbyn lead government, tempered by Scots Nats, Lib Dems and others.

Which would ensure that Corbyn could not nationalise the Queen, ban anything jewish and confiscate all private housinf - as has been warned.

A government of progressive minds that look to embrace the future not cling to the past. One that has the clinical need not cynical greed at the heart of the NHS. Education and policing are properly funded and the multi nationals are obliged to pay their share of tax.

Banks are no longer the spivs scam, and food banks are no longer.

A country not of bigotry, but actually bigot free in it's thinking.
You know how you all love polls? on 14:45 - Dec 3 with 1169 viewsBigManBlue

You know how you all love polls? on 14:33 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

Interesting that both parties are still increasing and the extra votes are coming purely from other parties going across.

Feels similar to 2017 when it basically turned into an American 2 party system

Let's face it, it's easy to say you'll vote Lib Dem when we're talking generalities (I've even - whisper it - done this myself) but when it comes down to it at election time all but the core support (especially in Lab-Con marginals) will probably hold their noses and go with the anti-Tory option.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

You know how you all love polls? on 14:47 - Dec 3 with 1161 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know how you all love polls? on 14:15 - Dec 3 by GeoffSentence

I just caught the bit about hospitals, it turned out that something like a half of them are cottage hospitals in Dorset that had few or no overnight beds.

It's money to upgrade 6 existing hospitals, not build 40 new ones (although, at least one of those is a complete rebuild). Plus some money to prepare business cases to upgrade another 34 (maybe 38, depending who you believe), but not a penny to start any building work. And yep, those 34/38 where plans will be prepared include a bunch of Dorset cottage hospitals.

It's a blatant lie. One of their bigger ones.

The manifesto says "this new
One Nation Conservative Government
is giving the NHS its biggest ever cash
boost, with 20 hospital upgrades and 40
new hospitals.
"

Hancock has said 40 new ones will be built "over the next decade. Absolutely".

It's all a lie.

You know how you all love polls? on 14:51 - Dec 3 with 1148 viewshampstead_blue

You know how you all love polls? on 14:15 - Dec 3 by GeoffSentence

Correct me if I'm wrong but these are valuable local services.
It will release pressure and assets from the larger regional hospitals and take the burden of travel away from those who struggle with that.

I think it's a good idea.

Also, as they are small I guess you will be able to offer services which are specific for that area.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

You know how you all love polls? on 14:56 - Dec 3 with 1130 viewsWD19

You know how you all love polls? on 13:56 - Dec 3 by BrixtonBlue

What was the gist?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000bx1f
You know how you all love polls? on 14:58 - Dec 3 with 1125 viewsSwansea_Blue

You know how you all love polls? on 14:51 - Dec 3 by hampstead_blue

It will release pressure and assets from the larger regional hospitals and take the burden of travel away from those who struggle with that.

Also, as they are small I guess you will be able to offer services which are specific for that area.

That's true, but not the issue. They're claiming that refurb work on small cottage hospitals counts as building new state of the art hospitals. Which is clearly bollox.

A less centralised hospital service would be fantastic for local residents. If you live in West Wales the nearest major trauma unit is now going to be in Cardiff, which is over a two hour journey. Imagine the nearest major facility for Ipswich being in Canterbury!

You know how you all love polls? on 15:02 - Dec 3 with 1116 viewshampstead_blue

You know how you all love polls? on 14:58 - Dec 3 by Swansea_Blue

That's true, but not the issue. They're claiming that refurb work on small cottage hospitals counts as building new state of the art hospitals. Which is clearly bollox.

A less centralised hospital service would be fantastic for local residents. If you live in West Wales the nearest major trauma unit is now going to be in Cardiff, which is over a two hour journey. Imagine the nearest major facility for Ipswich being in Canterbury!

It's really annoying when ALL PARTIES do that.
Not everyone listens to Tim Harford to get an insight.

Nobody is innocent......(imagines Steve Jones riffing hard)

You know how you all love polls? on 15:10 - Dec 3 with 1098 viewsBrixtonBlue

You know how you all love polls? on 14:51 - Dec 3 by hampstead_blue

"Correct me if I'm wrong"

People usually do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024