Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team tonight - tough one to call 08:19 - Dec 4 with 2444 viewsitfcjoe

I imagine there will be 11 changes between tonight and Saturday so almost need to work backwards from there....

---------------------Holy--------------------
Donacien---Chambers--Woolf--Garbutt
Edwards-----Downes-----Skuse---Judge
-----------------Keane------Jackson-------

Or possibly Rowe, Dozzell, Nolan or Huws in there instead of Keane - Nolan most likely?

Lambert mentioned Nsiala had a hamstring tweak on Sunday so must be a doubt?

-----------------Norris--------------------
???------Wilson-----Kenlock---Clements
Rowe----Dozzell-----Huws-----Dobra
-----------------El Mizouni-------------
-------------------Folami-----------------

I think Liam Gibbs is in the 18 again, and wouldn't be surprised if Tyreece Simpson is too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 08:38 - Dec 4 with 1990 viewschicoazul

I will be more than mildly irritated if we dont go for it tonight, and in every subsequent Trophy game if we make it through.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:20 - Dec 4 with 1926 viewsitfcjoe

Team tonight - tough one to call on 08:38 - Dec 4 by chicoazul

I will be more than mildly irritated if we dont go for it tonight, and in every subsequent Trophy game if we make it through.

We won't, which i think is probably on balance right - but if we get to the semi then you have to

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:22 - Dec 4 with 1914 viewsSwansea_Blue

Get ready to be more than mildly irritated then.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:23 - Dec 4 with 1913 viewsHullblue

No Toto?

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:23 - Dec 4 with 1909 viewswkj

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:23 - Dec 4 by Hullblue

No Toto?

Hopefully not

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:28 - Dec 4 with 1895 viewswkj

What about Hughes? He seems to be one of Lambert's eye catchers.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:29 - Dec 4 with 1894 viewsitfcjoe

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:23 - Dec 4 by Hullblue

No Toto?

Lambert said he 'had a hamstring' on Sunday's game so just guessed it may be too soon to risk him

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:35 - Dec 4 with 1873 viewsKieran_Knows

---------------------- Holy
Edwards -- Nsiala -- Wilson -- Kenlock
-----McGavin/Dozzell -- Huws
Dobra ------- El Mizouni ------ Georgiou
-------------Norwood/Folami

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:36 - Dec 4 with 1871 viewsMrTown

It will be rotated again with Cov Saturday.

Would be ridiculous if Norwood doesn't lead the line though with him unavailable for Saturday, leave Jackson and Keane out.

Norris
Edwards - Wilson - Woolfenden - Kenlock
Dozzell - McGavin
Dobra - El Mizouni - Georgiou
Norwood
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 9:39]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:38 - Dec 4 with 1863 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Agree with your team Joe, but would think that Norwood will be up front due to his ban for Saturday. Can also see McGavin getting a run out if fit due to his recent impressive displays.

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 11:10 - Dec 4 with 1774 viewsKeaneish

Why? This competition is nonsense. It's the equivalent of a behind closed doors game / mid-season friendly. It's designed to give the youth of bigger clubs more competitive playing time against lesser sides who want to win some silverware.

The fact we could get to Wembley and meet an under 21 side is farcical. I'm happy us using youth in this competition with a few fringe / rotation players. The League and The FA Cup have far greater importance.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 12:52 - Dec 4 with 1684 viewsGarv

'more than mildly irritated'

Calm down.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Team tonight - tough one to call on 13:18 - Dec 4 with 1642 viewsSmithy

Norris
Edwards Nsiala Wilson Kenlock
Rowe Dozzell Huws Georgiou
Folami Roberts

Subs:
Przybek, Cotter, McGavin, El Mizouni, Dobra, Simpson, Hughes

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 13:29 - Dec 4 with 1600 viewsclive_baker

I hope it's a changed team vs. the one we see Saturday. Absolute priority has to be picking up 3 points on Saturday and kicking on with a nice league run, I wouldn't want to see that compromised for this guff, or for us to pick up any injuries.

2 comps this season for me, League 1 and FA Cup and we should give them both a good shot, especially now we're a Cov (h) and Bristol Rovers / Plymouth (a) away from the 4th round. Especially with a bit of a break between rounds 4 and 5. If the draw is kind to us who knows where it might take us. Would be lovely to have a 5th round gate at PR. That would mean we're still in the FA Cup in March, that's unthinkable!

I couldn't have less interest in the Trophy, Wembley trip or otherwise.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Team tonight - tough one to call on 13:38 - Dec 4 with 1567 viewsitfcjoe

Team tonight - tough one to call on 13:29 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

I hope it's a changed team vs. the one we see Saturday. Absolute priority has to be picking up 3 points on Saturday and kicking on with a nice league run, I wouldn't want to see that compromised for this guff, or for us to pick up any injuries.

2 comps this season for me, League 1 and FA Cup and we should give them both a good shot, especially now we're a Cov (h) and Bristol Rovers / Plymouth (a) away from the 4th round. Especially with a bit of a break between rounds 4 and 5. If the draw is kind to us who knows where it might take us. Would be lovely to have a 5th round gate at PR. That would mean we're still in the FA Cup in March, that's unthinkable!

I think this competition will always bring 11 changes or thereabouts and can't grumble at that - only time I'd give it more of a go is if we are in a semi final and a game from Wembley.

Staying in this is a benefit for the fringe players, but they have to earn that benefit by winning games - they are good enough to.

Team tonight - tough one to call on 13:58 - Dec 4 with 1511 viewscatch74

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:38 - Dec 4 by OhDavidMcgoldrick

Agree with your team Joe, but would think that Norwood will be up front due to his ban for Saturday. Can also see McGavin getting a run out if fit due to his recent impressive displays.

Think Lambert said Norwood needs to be carefully managed, following his op/injury. Could be wrong but would leave Folami and Roberts if Keane and Jackson are rested. Would be handy if Norwood was able to start, hasn’t had many minutes of late.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:03 - Dec 4 with 1490 viewsWallingford_Boy

Team tonight - tough one to call on 09:36 - Dec 4 by MrTown

It will be rotated again with Cov Saturday.

Would be ridiculous if Norwood doesn't lead the line though with him unavailable for Saturday, leave Jackson and Keane out.

Norris
Edwards - Wilson - Woolfenden - Kenlock
Dozzell - McGavin
Dobra - El Mizouni - Georgiou
Norwood
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 9:39]

Why on earth would Norwood play?!

He missed out on Saturday due to a niggle, why risk him in a pointless cup match??

RIP Sir Bobby

Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:08 - Dec 4 with 1481 viewsMrTown

Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:03 - Dec 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Why on earth would Norwood play?!

He missed out on Saturday due to a niggle, why risk him in a pointless cup match??

Calm down hun x

He's suspended for this Saturday, 5 bookings.

Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:12 - Dec 4 with 1472 viewsPJH

Team tonight - tough one to call on 13:29 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

I would certainly not consider playing anyone tonight that is likely to be starting on Saturday.
I would not play either of the two first team keepers and certainly not Norwood although he will obviously not be playing Saturday.

I wish that we had managed to finish 3rd or 4th in the group stages of a competition that we only qualified for by getting relegated.

Agree that we should take next Tuesday a lot more seriously but the game in between is the one that really matters at the moment.
Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:37 - Dec 4 with 1434 viewsOsborneOneNil

Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:12 - Dec 4 by PJH

I would certainly not consider playing anyone tonight that is likely to be starting on Saturday.
I would not play either of the two first team keepers and certainly not Norwood although he will obviously not be playing Saturday.

I wish that we had managed to finish 3rd or 4th in the group stages of a competition that we only qualified for by getting relegated.

Agree that we should take next Tuesday a lot more seriously but the game in between is the one that really matters at the moment.

Why wouldn't you use either of the first team keepers?
Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:43 - Dec 4 with 1422 viewsPJH

Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:37 - Dec 4 by OsborneOneNil

Why wouldn't you use either of the first team keepers?

We cannot afford an injury to either of them so why risk them in a meaningless game?

Also give Przybek a game, he was doing extensive warming up last Saturday despite not even being sub so I thought then that maybe he would start in this one.
Team tonight - tough one to call on 15:01 - Dec 4 with 1387 viewsMrTown

Team tonight - tough one to call on 14:43 - Dec 4 by PJH

We cannot afford an injury to either of them so why risk them in a meaningless game?

Also give Przybek a game, he was doing extensive warming up last Saturday despite not even being sub so I thought then that maybe he would start in this one.

He's not going to do that.

He played them in the group stage, he'll definetly do so in the knockout stage.

Team tonight - tough one to call on 15:41 - Dec 4 with 1319 viewsJ2BLUE

Me too. We deserve a day at Wembley. Fairly sure we will be convincingly beaten tonight though, in part, because Lambert wants out of this tournament and will likely pick a side to achieve that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Team tonight - tough one to call on 15:42 - Dec 4 with 1316 viewsitfcjoe

Team tonight - tough one to call on 15:01 - Dec 4 by MrTown

He's not going to do that.

He played them in the group stage, he'll definetly do so in the knockout stage.

It's mentioned in the match preview that he would have done v Colchester but Wright was injured and Przybek away on international duty so don't be surprised if he does

Team tonight - tough one to call on 15:47 - Dec 4 with 1301 viewsMrTown

Team tonight - tough one to call on 15:42 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

It's mentioned in the match preview that he would have done v Colchester but Wright was injured and Przybek away on international duty so don't be surprised if he does

Against Col U with nothing to play for.

He won't do it tonight.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024