Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just got an email from john mcdonnell 08:41 - Dec 4 with 4777 viewslowhouseblue

he says: "I've done the maths, and our plans could save families £6,700 a year. That's the power of public ownership and a real living wage."

£6.700 a year! we're all going to save £6,700 a year. and john's done the maths.

I've no idea who's going to be paying for this, but thank you, thank you, thank you whoever you are.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 11:20 - Dec 4 with 764 viewsgiant_stow

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 11:17 - Dec 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

A lovely day footers dear boy. Blowing leaves and pruning in the lovely Suffolk countryside. Haslet with pasta salad for lunch. Happy as Larry.

Not quite as lovely as where you are, but the sun-tipped mist was stunning over walthamstow marshes this morning.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 11:41 - Dec 4 with 738 viewsBiGDonnie

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 09:26 - Dec 4 by BackToRussia

Cool bananas? Are you OK?

Cool bananas - soooooo 2010.

My new one favourite is 'perf'!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 11:46 - Dec 4 with 728 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 11:20 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

Not quite as lovely as where you are, but the sun-tipped mist was stunning over walthamstow marshes this morning.

Lovely. Drove up the 140 with the sun burning off the mist early and was a sight to behold. Have you had the email from John or is this just specific to party members, or is it just bobbins.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 11:51 - Dec 4 with 713 viewsBrixtonBlue

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 10:59 - Dec 4 by usm

So, potentially, some families could be £6,700 worse off?

Dolly - its bollox - on both sides - they all talk shyte to try and win a few votes. Remember that when you next think about posting your propaganda.

Where does it say, or how have you extrapolated from what I posted, that anyone will be £6,700 WORSE off?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:01 - Dec 4 with 699 viewschicoazul

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 11:09 - Dec 4 by jeera

People just cannot afford not to mate, it's really that simple.

Everything comes down to the cost of living and I cannot help but say it; housing.

When you have one rich person/company owning a portfolio of rental housing then there's a whole bunch that other people cannot buy for themselves and call home.

And it's the one area no one seems to be directly addressing, which is bizarre because over all else, having a home is the most important aspect of life.

You cannot have all these lovely family values you speak of, if you have nowhere secure to do it.

again, I totally agree. you are right.

If any government wanted to prove categorically they are on the side of families rather than on the side of hoovering up ever more taxes and enjoying ever more control over people's lives, they could do one simple thing; house price control.

This is why I dont blame young people for being either incredibly idealistic or incredibly nihilistic, since so many of them cannot afford to do things that are literally at the basics of the human condition (and the things I daresay you and I took for granted more or less, certainly for my part); fall in love, have a home, have a family.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:12 - Dec 4 with 688 viewsjeera

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:01 - Dec 4 by chicoazul

again, I totally agree. you are right.

If any government wanted to prove categorically they are on the side of families rather than on the side of hoovering up ever more taxes and enjoying ever more control over people's lives, they could do one simple thing; house price control.

This is why I dont blame young people for being either incredibly idealistic or incredibly nihilistic, since so many of them cannot afford to do things that are literally at the basics of the human condition (and the things I daresay you and I took for granted more or less, certainly for my part); fall in love, have a home, have a family.

Well, without wishing to over-expose, I've not really experienced some of those things myself, which is maybe why I tend to go overboard on things I feel strongly about.

I had a bit of sh1tty childhood and am unfortunately one of those who brought much of it into adulthood. But then again we can all blame something so not going to bang on too much.

On that happy note, I have to pop along to hospital for the afternoon.

Lucky them!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:16 - Dec 4 with 679 viewschicoazul

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:12 - Dec 4 by jeera

Well, without wishing to over-expose, I've not really experienced some of those things myself, which is maybe why I tend to go overboard on things I feel strongly about.

I had a bit of sh1tty childhood and am unfortunately one of those who brought much of it into adulthood. But then again we can all blame something so not going to bang on too much.

On that happy note, I have to pop along to hospital for the afternoon.

Lucky them!

Well whatever the reason may be for your hospital visit I hope it goes well blud.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:17 - Dec 4 with 676 viewsRyorry

Wooohooo, nearly the cost of a second-hand electric car that'd get me to the station 12 miles away to catch one of the reliable, on-time, reasonably-priced, clean, free wifi, seat guaranteed, newly nationalised trains that'd get me to away games with no delay every time!! I'm sure at least another 18,000 people in this constituency will be convinced enough to vote Labour & boot out the sitting blue!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:36 - Dec 4 with 643 viewsBrixtonBlue

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:17 - Dec 4 by Ryorry

Wooohooo, nearly the cost of a second-hand electric car that'd get me to the station 12 miles away to catch one of the reliable, on-time, reasonably-priced, clean, free wifi, seat guaranteed, newly nationalised trains that'd get me to away games with no delay every time!! I'm sure at least another 18,000 people in this constituency will be convinced enough to vote Labour & boot out the sitting blue!

You and the other 17,999 do realise that the sitting blue has been sitting doing nothing about your transport woes for 10 years, not Labour?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:41 - Dec 4 with 636 viewsgiant_stow

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 11:46 - Dec 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

Lovely. Drove up the 140 with the sun burning off the mist early and was a sight to behold. Have you had the email from John or is this just specific to party members, or is it just bobbins.

Nice one. No email here - not on the mailing list.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:48 - Dec 4 with 624 viewslowhouseblue

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:41 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

Nice one. No email here - not on the mailing list.

i got it because I went onto their website to see what they were saying about their waspi pension offer. they have a 'how much cash will we give you' calculator but before you can use it you have to give them your email address so that they can send you future special offers and discount vouchers etc. anyway, I used the calculator (pretending to be a 65 year old woman) and they told me they'd give me £31,000 on the spot. which is great. and since then I've been receiving emails with the day's latest special deal. this morning it was £6,700 a year.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 12:48]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:51 - Dec 4 with 610 viewsgiant_stow

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:48 - Dec 4 by lowhouseblue

i got it because I went onto their website to see what they were saying about their waspi pension offer. they have a 'how much cash will we give you' calculator but before you can use it you have to give them your email address so that they can send you future special offers and discount vouchers etc. anyway, I used the calculator (pretending to be a 65 year old woman) and they told me they'd give me £31,000 on the spot. which is great. and since then I've been receiving emails with the day's latest special deal. this morning it was £6,700 a year.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 12:48]

30 grand?! Wow - what would you have spent it on? A nurse like the tories?
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 12:51]

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:52 - Dec 4 with 599 viewslowhouseblue

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:51 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

not being a 65 year old woman i'm not banking on the £31,000. but with the £6,700 a year I intend to explore the world of artisan cheeses.

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:54 - Dec 4 with 594 viewsfooters

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:51 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

Money which these ladies are rightfully owed.

Good to see so many aren't becoming hysterical at this festive election time :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:56 - Dec 4 with 585 viewsgiant_stow

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:52 - Dec 4 by lowhouseblue

not being a 65 year old woman i'm not banking on the £31,000. but with the £6,700 a year I intend to explore the world of artisan cheeses.

You'll live like a chease king.

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 13:04 - Dec 4 with 562 viewsgiant_stow

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 12:54 - Dec 4 by footers

Money which these ladies are rightfully owed.

Good to see so many aren't becoming hysterical at this festive election time :)

I'll take your word for it mr (no hysterics here)

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 13:07 - Dec 4 with 554 viewshampstead_blue

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 10:09 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/04/would-labour-really-save-famili

"It breaks down into savings of £559 on energy bills, £113 on water, £364 on broadband, £2,194 on a pair of rail season tickets, £2,941 per child on average for childcare, £108 on yearly prescription charges and £437 on free school meals."

So it's entirely dependent on the family having children and both parents commuting for work.

SB

Thanks for the breakdown. It does add context.

To add some more, what about the plans to bring capital gains and dividend income tax in line with income tax?

Pensioners who rely on dividends to top-up their pension will get taxed at their marginal rate.
Andrew Neil gave the figure of a pensioner with an income of £14k £2k of that from dividends, would have their tax increased from £9 pa to £400. His figures not mine.

Taxing low income pensioners. Lovely.

Just to add a balance to this.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 13:09 - Dec 4 with 552 viewsitfcjoe

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 13:07 - Dec 4 by hampstead_blue

Thanks for the breakdown. It does add context.

To add some more, what about the plans to bring capital gains and dividend income tax in line with income tax?

Pensioners who rely on dividends to top-up their pension will get taxed at their marginal rate.
Andrew Neil gave the figure of a pensioner with an income of £14k £2k of that from dividends, would have their tax increased from £9 pa to £400. His figures not mine.

Taxing low income pensioners. Lovely.

Just to add a balance to this.

It's not taxing 'low income pensioners' it's taxing the specific people in the example you/Neil have given.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 13:20 - Dec 4 with 539 viewshampstead_blue

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 13:09 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

It's not taxing 'low income pensioners' it's taxing the specific people in the example you/Neil have given.

that is a very large group of people.

Lots of people down-size their homes and use the capital for income to supplement their pensions.
We're not talking millions here but with property prices rising over the years people are more often asset rich, cash poor.

My folks were in that position. Dad worked for Essex Council as a surveyor and used his down-sizing cash to top up his local government pension.

These are working class people who've saved all their lives and now are getting their income stolen to fund JC and JM's wet dream.

(the last sentence isn't meant to be inflammatory, more my anger at them, not yourself)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 13:37 - Dec 4 with 520 viewsitfcjoe

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 13:20 - Dec 4 by hampstead_blue

that is a very large group of people.

Lots of people down-size their homes and use the capital for income to supplement their pensions.
We're not talking millions here but with property prices rising over the years people are more often asset rich, cash poor.

My folks were in that position. Dad worked for Essex Council as a surveyor and used his down-sizing cash to top up his local government pension.

These are working class people who've saved all their lives and now are getting their income stolen to fund JC and JM's wet dream.

(the last sentence isn't meant to be inflammatory, more my anger at them, not yourself)

There is no easy solution to raising money to increase public services - someone has to be paying more.

But again these are small amounts, which will likely be offset with the extra free stuff they get like broadband, bus passes and tv licences.

Whilst some older people will suffer, it's nothing like the way the young have done with regards to property prices and the lowering quality of work based pensions that those in retirement have benefitted from. Not to mention no tuition fees, right to buy and all the other benefits boomers have had over the years.

Most people in their 20s won't even have a home to downsize to stick in their savings when they retire.

This isn't an attack on old people, but my wife has just changed jobs into a later life adviser and the stats for money tied up by pensioners is off the scale, admittedly most is in property - but it gets left there whilst the state has to pick up the bill - something has to give

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 14:32 - Dec 4 with 480 viewsvapour_trail

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 10:09 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/04/would-labour-really-save-famili

"It breaks down into savings of £559 on energy bills, £113 on water, £364 on broadband, £2,194 on a pair of rail season tickets, £2,941 per child on average for childcare, £108 on yearly prescription charges and £437 on free school meals."

So it's entirely dependent on the family having children and both parents commuting for work.

SB

Actually I’m in that rather small pot of people.

If I was a complete penis, I’d say cool bananas.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 14:34 - Dec 4 with 478 viewsvapour_trail

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 10:18 - Dec 4 by chicoazul

And to think people laugh at me when I say Labour are proven to be anti family and want the state to completely take over the raising of children by encouraging both parents into work and forcing them to subcontract their parenting duties to state-backed baby farms.

My hunch, could be wrong, is that you don’t have kids.

But if I am wrong, or should this situation change, please please please please, don’t homeschool them yourself.

Thanks on behalf of humanity.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 14:38 - Dec 4 with 471 viewslowhouseblue

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 14:32 - Dec 4 by vapour_trail

Actually I’m in that rather small pot of people.

If I was a complete penis, I’d say cool bananas.

it used to be so much nicer when you only came out at night

just got an email from john mcdonnell on 14:38 - Dec 4 with 472 viewsyorkshire

Sounds good

Reckon Labour might be better at maths than the Tories - who seem to think that if you add 31,000 nurses in the next 10 years then you'll have 50,000 new nurses
just got an email from john mcdonnell on 14:43 - Dec 4 with 458 viewsBlueAsTory

Hopefully Diane did not do the Maths otherwise heaven help us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024