Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long will it be... 09:34 - Dec 4 with 1145 viewschicoazul

before *any* kind of single sex thing, be it swimming clubs, schools, exercise classes, changing rooms offered by shops and so on and so forth, is forced to change its' policy to be based on "gender rather than sex" in the light of similar such legal threats? And will this policy be perhaps further expanded out to institutions and companies acting similarly on the basis of age as well as "gender"? After all age is a protected characteristic under law. For instance, if a 65yo person who identifies as a 10 yo girl wishes to, will they be allowed to attend children's swimming lessons?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/transgender-single-s

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How long will it be... on 09:38 - Dec 4 with 1119 viewsBigManBlue

I remember a case about this where a fitness freak (I think this was in the Netherlands) wanted to legally change his age from something in the 60's/70's to 45, so that he could attract women more likely to "keep up with him". It was decided that, whilst he was in exceptionally good shape for a man of his age, it would be troublesome for people who wanted to age themselves up - in regards to underage drinking, etc.

Edit - link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46425774
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 9:38]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

How long will it be... on 10:20 - Dec 4 with 1056 viewsHARRY10

I expect most could give a sh it about how others see themselves.

What is of more concerns is the guff your sort of bigots spout.
How long will it be... on 10:24 - Dec 4 with 1040 viewschicoazul

How long will it be... on 10:20 - Dec 4 by HARRY10

I expect most could give a sh it about how others see themselves.

What is of more concerns is the guff your sort of bigots spout.

Who are my sort of bigots?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

How long will it be... on 10:24 - Dec 4 with 1043 viewsitfcjoe

At some point it will be remembered that biologically it takes a man and a woman to create a child, and that gender is binary where it matters.

I'm sure this with schools isn't a big deal though, as will be very few kids where this is required for - they have to be in the massive minority who are trans, and then in the further minority who can afford the fees.

I just hope it isn't used by parents to exploit systems at times, like what seems to be happening in women's sport by some.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How long will it be... on 10:31 - Dec 4 with 1026 viewsJ2BLUE

How long will it be... on 10:24 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

At some point it will be remembered that biologically it takes a man and a woman to create a child, and that gender is binary where it matters.

I'm sure this with schools isn't a big deal though, as will be very few kids where this is required for - they have to be in the massive minority who are trans, and then in the further minority who can afford the fees.

I just hope it isn't used by parents to exploit systems at times, like what seems to be happening in women's sport by some.

Do you really believe that? Everyone is terrified of the LGBT lobbyists. It's more likely that Guardian journalist who transitioned to become male will win an appeal and his child's birth certificate will be amended to show two fathers.

This is only going one way. No doubt people will go on the attack and tell me i'm talking rubbish but they need to open their eyes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How long will it be... on 10:35 - Dec 4 with 1008 viewschicoazul

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_vitro_fertilisation
You don't need a man to create a child. I think maybe you are starting to see where all this is ultimately headed.

This specific school in my example from the Indy is changing due to legal threats. Simple as.

How long will it be... on 10:35 - Dec 4 with 1005 viewsLankHenners

How long will it be... on 10:31 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

Do you really believe that? Everyone is terrified of the LGBT lobbyists. It's more likely that Guardian journalist who transitioned to become male will win an appeal and his child's birth certificate will be amended to show two fathers.

This is only going one way. No doubt people will go on the attack and tell me i'm talking rubbish but they need to open their eyes.

What, specifically, do you mean by ‘only going one way’ and people needing to ‘open their eyes’?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How long will it be... on 10:36 - Dec 4 with 1004 viewsitfcjoe

How long will it be... on 10:31 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

But where it matters is actual conception of a baby, and no matter what a birth certificate says you need a surrogate if you are male, or a donor if you are female

Login to get fewer ads

How long will it be... on 10:41 - Dec 4 with 984 viewsJ2BLUE

How long will it be... on 10:35 - Dec 4 by LankHenners

What, specifically, do you mean by ‘only going one way’ and people needing to ‘open their eyes’?

There is a small minority of militant trans activists who are not going to accept anything less than a true genderless society. They shout the loudest and look to stamp out any opinions like Joe's with accusations of transphobia. People within the trans community have highlighted this as well and spoken about the small minority who, in their words, give them a bad name.

I'd love to keep this going but i'm off Christmas shopping.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How long will it be... on 10:44 - Dec 4 with 970 viewsgiant_stow

Think you've hit gold here pet - 3 pages min, more likely 5-10.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How long will it be... on 10:49 - Dec 4 with 952 viewsFixed_It

Although a minority, you'd be surprised at how quickly this minority seems to be growing.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How long will it be... on 10:50 - Dec 4 with 950 viewsStokieBlue

How long will it be... on 10:36 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

But where it matters is actual conception of a baby, and no matter what a birth certificate says you need a surrogate if you are male, or a donor if you are female

This isn't likely to remain the case for that much longer:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/oct/14/scientists-create-sperm-eggs-usi

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How long will it be... on 10:54 - Dec 4 with 932 viewsLankHenners

How long will it be... on 10:41 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

There is a small minority of militant trans activists who are not going to accept anything less than a true genderless society. They shout the loudest and look to stamp out any opinions like Joe's with accusations of transphobia. People within the trans community have highlighted this as well and spoken about the small minority who, in their words, give them a bad name.

That’s true of pretty much every community isn’t it? I think with trans issue the lines get blurred more so genuine concerns get dismissed as being part of the ‘militant’ group as you put it. Not to derail the thread or potentially cause further argument (and I don’t, I really really don’t) but people have complained about ‘militant veganism’ threatening to ruin their lives but in reality it was shrugged off and people got on with life.

I’m not sure the example you cited backed up your point - who cares if he wants to change his birth certificate? It affects no-one but himself and just changed the words on a bit of paper. If people stopped all the hand-wringing and fearing over society being ruined and looked at things more practically there wouldn’t be such a fuss.

How long will it be... on 10:56 - Dec 4 with 923 viewschicoazul

How long will it be... on 10:50 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/oct/14/scientists-create-sperm-eggs-usi

SB

Very very interesting, thanks.

How long will it be... on 10:57 - Dec 4 with 922 viewsNo9

Shows the very sad state of English educations since one M Gove was made Sec of State & screwed it up.
Tip of the iceberg
How long will it be... on 10:58 - Dec 4 with 915 viewschicoazul

How long will it be... on 10:54 - Dec 4 by LankHenners

That’s true of pretty much every community isn’t it? I think with trans issue the lines get blurred more so genuine concerns get dismissed as being part of the ‘militant’ group as you put it. Not to derail the thread or potentially cause further argument (and I don’t, I really really don’t) but people have complained about ‘militant veganism’ threatening to ruin their lives but in reality it was shrugged off and people got on with life.

I’m not sure the example you cited backed up your point - who cares if he wants to change his birth certificate? It affects no-one but himself and just changed the words on a bit of paper. If people stopped all the hand-wringing and fearing over society being ruined and looked at things more practically there wouldn’t be such a fuss.

I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, but if you are saying "none of any of this really affects anything in the real world" then I have given you one example of how it does/is.

How long will it be... on 11:15 - Dec 4 with 884 viewsitfcjoe

How long will it be... on 10:50 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

SB

I can't imagine this being rolled out any time soon!

How long will it be... on 11:21 - Dec 4 with 873 viewsfooters

How long will it be... on 10:41 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

I wouldn't let it worry you, J2. No one's coming for your Johnson just yet :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How long will it be... on 11:27 - Dec 4 with 858 viewsLankHenners

How long will it be... on 10:58 - Dec 4 by chicoazul

I'm not sure if this is what you're saying, but if you are saying "none of any of this really affects anything in the real world" then I have given you one example of how it does/is.

I was taking the example J2 had given as a poor one as wider society isn’t affected by it and didn’t really fit with the rest of what he was talking about. The article in the OP has more of a wider effect but even so, is it that much to ask for people who identify as male/female to be treated as such?

How long will it be... on 12:24 - Dec 4 with 782 viewsusm

How long will it be... on 10:54 - Dec 4 by LankHenners

"just changed the words on a bit of paper"

Wow, so we can simply change the words on a bit of paper and it has no impact?

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024