Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris 13:02 - Dec 4 with 3566 viewsBrixtonBlue

Not really sure why I'm posting this, those that need to read it won't.
Ah well, worth a shot. It's a very good article.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/01/the-corbyn-i-know-is-a-rar

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:09 - Dec 4 with 1630 viewshampstead_blue

Hiya.

Pretty much every person on the planet has good points. It's no harm in sharing them.
Problem with JC is...............

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:09 - Dec 4 with 1629 viewslowhouseblue

ok, so an article by corbyn's former research assistant who also has a long history of involvement in the ira. cool bananas.

in terms of spokespeople for corbyn you certainly know how to pick them dolly.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:13 - Dec 4 with 1607 viewsclive_baker

This article, from a Corbyn acquaintance of 35 years, is evidence of 'why you should vote for Corbyn ahead of Boris'?

FFS

FWIW I don't disagree that Corbyn is probably a decent bloke of sound morals, and Johnson is, IMO, a c***. Unfortunately, in the real world, this Labour party is nothing more than a protest movement, and not a party that's fit to govern the country.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:14 - Dec 4 with 1589 viewsSomethingBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:09 - Dec 4 by hampstead_blue

Hiya.

Pretty much every person on the planet has good points. It's no harm in sharing them.
Problem with JC is...............

... that you're inexplicably terrified of him while happy to turn a blind eye to things, and people, that are set to cause us infinitely more harm?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:21 - Dec 4 with 1546 viewsJon_456

Not sure why this article should make you vote Corbyn?

He’s supposedly a nice bloke, that’s great.. My managers a very nice bloke but he’s f*cking terrible at his job.

Just because he’s nice and wants the world to be a fairer place doesn’t mean he’s capable of running the country. Just to add, I don’t think Boris is any better, they’re both sh*t.
The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:25 - Dec 4 with 1526 viewshampstead_blue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:14 - Dec 4 by SomethingBlue

... that you're inexplicably terrified of him while happy to turn a blind eye to things, and people, that are set to cause us infinitely more harm?

I'm not terrified of him at all.
My views on him are that he is a vile creature who slides up with terrorists and the likes of Putin (when his GRU chaps poisoned someone on our soil) and lots more besides.

He thinks that Hugo CHavez did great things! Make me laugh.

Come on, it's the Emperor's new clothes. SOon enough a penny will drop among his supporters and you'll realise that he is a clear threat to this countries security and financial stability.

Richard Dearlove former C (Head of SIS) has repeatedly said that JC and his team would not pass simple security vetting. The only way he is were he is is that he has been elected.
If he and his team applied for jobs at the HoC or a decent level of Government they wouldn't get past vetting.

Does that not worry you?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:27 - Dec 4 with 1521 viewsSouperJim

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:13 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

This article, from a Corbyn acquaintance of 35 years, is evidence of 'why you should vote for Corbyn ahead of Boris'?

FFS

FWIW I don't disagree that Corbyn is probably a decent bloke of sound morals, and Johnson is, IMO, a c***. Unfortunately, in the real world, this Labour party is nothing more than a protest movement, and not a party that's fit to govern the country.

You may be right, but I think given the landscape, you have to consider the least worst option. Personally I'd rather have someone who is somewhat untested, but whose heart is in the right place, than an out-of-touch bastard motivated by personal gain.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:29 - Dec 4 with 1512 viewsSomethingBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:25 - Dec 4 by hampstead_blue

My views on him are that he is a vile creature who slides up with terrorists and the likes of Putin (when his GRU chaps poisoned someone on our soil) and lots more besides.

Come on, it's the Emperor's new clothes. SOon enough a penny will drop among his supporters and you'll realise that he is a clear threat to this countries security and financial stability.

Richard Dearlove former C (Head of SIS) has repeatedly said that JC and his team would not pass simple security vetting. The only way he is were he is is that he has been elected.
If he and his team applied for jobs at the HoC or a decent level of Government they wouldn't get past vetting.

Does that not worry you?

Do you think Donald Trump is a threat to our security?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:30 - Dec 4 with 1509 viewsStokieBlue

We don't vote for people we vote for parties.

This unfortunately has been demonstrated twice in the last 3 years.

You should be pushing Labour not a figurehead.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:34 - Dec 4 with 1488 viewsDarth_Koont

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:13 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

FFS

That's a remarkably narrow and "British" view of politics and the so-called real world.

In the real real world of our closest neighbours Labour is utterly mainstream and the current government is by far the lunatic fringe.

Pronouns: He/Him

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:40 - Dec 4 with 1465 viewsBrixtonBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:21 - Dec 4 by Jon_456

Not sure why this article should make you vote Corbyn?

He’s supposedly a nice bloke, that’s great.. My managers a very nice bloke but he’s f*cking terrible at his job.

Just because he’s nice and wants the world to be a fairer place doesn’t mean he’s capable of running the country. Just to add, I don’t think Boris is any better, they’re both sh*t.

Firstly, several people on here have said he's not nice. This article aims to redress the balance.

Secondly Corbyn hasn't had a go at running the country yet, so how do you know he's sh*t?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:41 - Dec 4 with 1463 viewsStokieBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:34 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

That's a remarkably narrow and "British" view of politics and the so-called real world.

In the real real world of our closest neighbours Labour is utterly mainstream and the current government is by far the lunatic fringe.

Seems it might be spreading out from the UK though:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-03/support-for-nationalist-swede

SB

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:42 - Dec 4 with 1457 viewsitfcjoe

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:25 - Dec 4 by hampstead_blue

Does that not worry you?

With regards to your last point, hasn't there been an issue with Boris Johnson when he was Foreign secretary in that regard? Not given full briefings as seen as a liability?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9440172/boris-johnson-spy-chiefs-secrets-kept/

I appreciate you won't vote Labour, but surely voting for a Boris lead Govt is a concern if even his own PM didn't trust him?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:42 - Dec 4 with 1452 viewsBrixtonBlue

Does that not worry you?

Your views are ridiculed on here on a daily basis. I'm surprised you even bother to be honest.

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:45 - Dec 4 with 1440 viewsBrixtonBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:30 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

We don't vote for people we vote for parties.

This unfortunately has been demonstrated twice in the last 3 years.

You should be pushing Labour not a figurehead.

SB

You're having a laugh aren't you? We have daily Corbyn attacks on here, but as soon as I post a positive article on him I should shut up?

Futher - I have been asking for people to talk policies rather than personalities for ages and it mostly falls on deaf ears. Those threads have been a fraction of the size of Corbyn threads.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 13:48]

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:47 - Dec 4 with 1432 viewsclive_baker

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:34 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

I don't think it's narrow at all. There's a lot in their manifesto that I can't bring myself to get on-board with, and I read through 107 painstaking pages of it. I've voted Labour in the past, and I would love to vote Labour this time around but they represent a huge risk to the UK economy, and at a time when Brexit uncertainty still exists at large it's a risk I think we can ill-afford to take.

I'm not in favour of increasing tax rates for the 'top 5%' who are already paying more in tax than their fare share. PAYE should be proportionate, yet the top 5% of earners in the UK earn c.25% of salaries and contribute 50% of all taxes into the public purse. It's actually the middle section that averages 28% tax in the UK that desperately under indexes in tax contributions, particularly relative to wider Europe where the figure is closer to 40%. There's a lot of reasons for that, namely property prices, for which Labour aren't to blame, but pointing towards the top 5% of earners to dig the materially underfunded public services out of the sh!t isn't the way to go. The top 31,000 earners in the UK pay close to 20% of total income taxes and I really believe there's a grave risk of losing significant employment under a Labour government. Not to mention increases in capital gains taxes and corporation taxes.

Corbyn speaks of a country that works for all but that's not evident in their policies. It's Maoism and it's an incredibly scary path to be heading down.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:50 - Dec 4 with 1411 viewsStokieBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:45 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

You're having a laugh aren't you? We have daily Corbyn attacks on here, but as soon as I post a positive article on him I should shut up?

Futher - I have been asking for people to talk policies rather than personalities for ages and it mostly falls on deaf ears. Those threads have been a fraction of the size of Corbyn threads.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 13:48]

Eh?

I didn't say anything like that in my post, I suggested if you want people to vote for Labour you should be pushing Labour not JC.

You're getting increasingly ruder as this election campaign progresses. You're fighting with people on every thread.

In this instance you've seen something that isn't there and gotten aggressive for absolutely no reason.

SB
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 13:50]

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:50 - Dec 4 with 1402 viewsDarth_Koont

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:41 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

Seems it might be spreading out from the UK though:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-03/support-for-nationalist-swede

SB

That's 22% voting Swedish Democrat but we have 40% voting for the comparable Conservatives here in the UK and potentially having a majority government.

The UK is troublingly far to the right - not just for ourselves but for the Western World. On a smaller scale, but the same degree as the US under Trump and the reactionary core of voters that created him.

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:52 - Dec 4 with 1384 viewsDarth_Koont

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:47 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

I don't think it's narrow at all. There's a lot in their manifesto that I can't bring myself to get on-board with, and I read through 107 painstaking pages of it. I've voted Labour in the past, and I would love to vote Labour this time around but they represent a huge risk to the UK economy, and at a time when Brexit uncertainty still exists at large it's a risk I think we can ill-afford to take.

I'm not in favour of increasing tax rates for the 'top 5%' who are already paying more in tax than their fare share. PAYE should be proportionate, yet the top 5% of earners in the UK earn c.25% of salaries and contribute 50% of all taxes into the public purse. It's actually the middle section that averages 28% tax in the UK that desperately under indexes in tax contributions, particularly relative to wider Europe where the figure is closer to 40%. There's a lot of reasons for that, namely property prices, for which Labour aren't to blame, but pointing towards the top 5% of earners to dig the materially underfunded public services out of the sh!t isn't the way to go. The top 31,000 earners in the UK pay close to 20% of total income taxes and I really believe there's a grave risk of losing significant employment under a Labour government. Not to mention increases in capital gains taxes and corporation taxes.

Corbyn speaks of a country that works for all but that's not evident in their policies. It's Maoism and it's an incredibly scary path to be heading down.

"It's Maoism ..."

No, that's not a narrow read of the manifesto at all.

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:52 - Dec 4 with 1379 viewsStokieBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:50 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

That's 22% voting Swedish Democrat but we have 40% voting for the comparable Conservatives here in the UK and potentially having a majority government.

The UK is troublingly far to the right - not just for ourselves but for the Western World. On a smaller scale, but the same degree as the US under Trump and the reactionary core of voters that created him.

Yep, I wasn't saying there was an equivalence, just that the general trend seems to be affecting more countries. That is 22% and rising steadily.

SB

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:52 - Dec 4 with 1377 viewsBrixtonBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:50 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

Eh?

I didn't say anything like that in my post, I suggested if you want people to vote for Labour you should be pushing Labour not JC.

You're getting increasingly ruder as this election campaign progresses. You're fighting with people on every thread.

In this instance you've seen something that isn't there and gotten aggressive for absolutely no reason.

SB
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 13:50]

Sorry, where have I got aggressive/rude?

You've quite clearly stated I shouldn't be pushing JC, that's the same as shutting up about him is it not?

Not sure why you've taken my post the way you have.

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:53 - Dec 4 with 1376 viewsitfcjoe

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:47 - Dec 4 by clive_baker

I think that is all fair points, especially with regards to the middle earners.

I think I'm a bit more emotional in reasosn, I pesonally feel the Tories have had a go at it and it hasn't worked, enough evidence in last 9 years as to why they should be voted against andthe pendulum has swung too far to the right and needs addressing.

I think the biggest threat to our economy is a no deal brexit, which with any extensions being ruled out, and the ERG pulling strings looks most likely path.

I can't see that Corbyn can do as much damage in 5 years as a no deal Brexit, especiaally when he can be voted out at the end of that term with the pendulum going to the left and the potential for the Tories to have reassessed and taken a more centrist position which is where I see myself on the scale

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:58 - Dec 4 with 1333 viewsStokieBlue

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:52 - Dec 4 by BrixtonBlue

Sorry, where have I got aggressive/rude?

You've quite clearly stated I shouldn't be pushing JC, that's the same as shutting up about him is it not?

Not sure why you've taken my post the way you have.

No it's not.

SB

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 14:02 - Dec 4 with 1310 viewsfooters

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 13:52 - Dec 4 by Darth_Koont

"It's Maoism ..."

No, that's not a narrow read of the manifesto at all.

Maoism...

Jesus. Some people need to educate themselves or stop spouting such nonsense :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The truth about Jeremy Corbyn, and why you should vote for him ahead of Boris on 14:02 - Dec 4 with 1306 viewslowhouseblue

well the new statesman, lefty magazine of choice, doesn't agree with you. it has refused to endorse labour under an editorial titled "britain deserves better". how wise.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024