Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following 21:29 - Dec 4 with 1550 viewspatrickswell

the Alan Judge route of doing everything but score.
I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 21:41 - Dec 4 with 1418 viewssparks

Really? more like the Judge route of having a big reputation and being in a lull, such that he really isnt getting near to living up to it currently.

Looks to me like he is still going to need quite a lot of time to get his game back together.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 21:43 - Dec 4 with 1384 viewspatrickswell

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 21:41 - Dec 4 by sparks

Really? more like the Judge route of having a big reputation and being in a lull, such that he really isnt getting near to living up to it currently.

Looks to me like he is still going to need quite a lot of time to get his game back together.

Deadly from 12 yards tonight though, at least 😀
I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 21:44 - Dec 4 with 1366 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 21:41 - Dec 4 by sparks

What are you even talking about? Just get another hobby and preferably understand the next one.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 21:44 - Dec 4 with 1356 viewsIllinoisblue

exactly this

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 22:09 - Dec 4 with 1237 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 21:44 - Dec 4 by Illinoisblue

exactly this

Except it isn't exactly this. He's getting stronger and stronger. From absolute no games in a long long time he's now completing 90 mins regularly and is ready to go in first team. He's been adding loads of experience in young teams in cuo and he's contributed plenty this season and is stepping up.

If you plotted his progress from start of season now its pretty much a consistent upward trend. He's a big plus for me and he'll have a big big part to play in the league in 2020.

If you thought because he's a class player he could go from w years out to his best form within 2-3 games then that will explain your exactly this comment.

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 22:10 - Dec 4 with 1223 viewssparks

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 21:44 - Dec 4 by Terry_Nutkins

What are you even talking about? Just get another hobby and preferably understand the next one.

Quality analysis and debate. Congrats.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 22:11 - Dec 4 with 1212 viewssparks

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 22:09 - Dec 4 by Terry_Nutkins

Except it isn't exactly this. He's getting stronger and stronger. From absolute no games in a long long time he's now completing 90 mins regularly and is ready to go in first team. He's been adding loads of experience in young teams in cuo and he's contributed plenty this season and is stepping up.

If you plotted his progress from start of season now its pretty much a consistent upward trend. He's a big plus for me and he'll have a big big part to play in the league in 2020.

If you thought because he's a class player he could go from w years out to his best form within 2-3 games then that will explain your exactly this comment.

Which part of that contradicts what I said?

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 22:14 - Dec 4 with 1189 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 22:11 - Dec 4 by sparks

Which part of that contradicts what I said?

Really?

Login to get fewer ads

Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:18 - Dec 4 with 1147 viewsDyland

Judge looks to be getting back in the groove, and I don't get at all why he played so little in the games after he scored. Huws is miles off. Still shows his class, plays the ball late etc.... but is sooo slow and keeps making seriously duff passes. Maybe it's still a fitness thing, or it may be psychological, or who knows, but bar a couple of halves earlier in season (MK Dons first, e.g.) he's been average at best.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:20 - Dec 4 with 1123 viewsDubtractor

Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:18 - Dec 4 by Dyland

Judge looks to be getting back in the groove, and I don't get at all why he played so little in the games after he scored. Huws is miles off. Still shows his class, plays the ball late etc.... but is sooo slow and keeps making seriously duff passes. Maybe it's still a fitness thing, or it may be psychological, or who knows, but bar a couple of halves earlier in season (MK Dons first, e.g.) he's been average at best.

Yep.

It is genuinely great that he is getting minutes in, taking the occasional hit, and coming through it, but we need to start to see some of the more positive stuff from him over the coming weeks.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:21 - Dec 4 with 1113 viewssparks

Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:18 - Dec 4 by Dyland

Quite.

I rather resent being abused for stating such obvious and clear facts.

Obvious, at least, to people who understand, watch, play and coach football- and who are not dazzled by emotion, reputation, or rose tinted glasses.

Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:51 - Dec 4 with 1009 viewspatrickswell

Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:21 - Dec 4 by sparks

Quite.

Obvious, at least, to people who understand, watch, play and coach football- and who are not dazzled by emotion, reputation, or rose tinted glasses.

I think I should apologise for putting you in that position.

When I wrote the OP, I really though Town were going to do their trick of losing a tie because they didn't have it in them to win it - like they've done on a number of occasions in recent years - and off the back of the recent home games that we didn't win as well as not seeing out Sunday's FA Cup tie. I wasn't there tonight and I wasn't iFollowing. All I was reading on Watson's Twitter feed was that Peterborough were dominating but all our chances seemed to be falling to Huws and he kept missing. It was a howl of frustration and probably shouldn't have been posted here. I think your response was perfectly sound and logical. I'm surprised TerryNutkins got aggro with you, when I thought he'd be more likely to object to what I wrote (maybe he did, anyway).

Still, Huws did the business in the shootout and we've gone through - though it says so much about my own mindset that my reaction was "B888er me! We've won a penalty shootout!"
Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:53 - Dec 4 with 997 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Nah, he's looking miles away from the player we thought he was before injury on 22:21 - Dec 4 by sparks

Quite.

Abused? Bit much.

Your exact post "more like the Judge route of having a big reputation and being in a lull, such that he really isnt getting near to living up to it currently.".

Sorry this is as much abusing our own players as my so called comment is abusing you so if you can't take it back don't go giving it out to our own players who you are suppose to support. If you had phrased a view on them working their way back to fitness then fair enough. This appears to be your view. You phrase it in such a deliberately negative way.

And you aren't talking facts. I'm sorry but Huws IS NOT in a lull. He's worked exceptionally hard, which has been documented, to het back to playing 90 mins regularly. That's not a lull. That's commendable. Is he firing on all cylinders. No. Has he shown some glimses of the quality he has and contributes: yes.

If i've offended you with first comment i apologise. You perhaps werent meaning to be as negative as i percieved your post.

I followed game via Stuart Watson and it sounds like Emyr Huws is following on 04:56 - Dec 5 with 861 viewsTractorWood

I must have missed the games where Judge does everything but score. Unless everything means wasting set pieces that he insists on taking.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024