Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone remember when I said.. 21:46 - Dec 4 with 1622 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

.. the Checkatrade trophy (or leasing dot com now) was a nonsense competition and I probably wouldn’t go even if we got to Wembley?

I’ve changed my mind.

Que sera sera..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone remember when I said.. on 21:47 - Dec 4 with 1571 viewswkj

Glory hunter

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone remember when I said.. on 21:49 - Dec 4 with 1535 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Rommy I'm on board... only if we keep playing our kids though. That is the bit I am warming to.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 21:51]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Anyone remember when I said.. on 21:50 - Dec 4 with 1497 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve never understood why people talk down Cup competitions as they’re easier to win that the league. Especially with our history too. Nobody’s going to remember those 12th and 15th place 2nd division finishes in 20 years time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone remember when I said.. on 21:53 - Dec 4 with 1436 viewswkj

Anyone remember when I said.. on 21:50 - Dec 4 by Swansea_Blue

I’ve never understood why people talk down Cup competitions as they’re easier to win that the league. Especially with our history too. Nobody’s going to remember those 12th and 15th place 2nd division finishes in 20 years time.

The cup itself isn't the issue for me, or even the U21s in the pot, it is more the taint of the EFL willing to impose sanctions on clubs that don't adhere to certain criteria for squad selection. They should offer incentives to adhere to a criteria rather than sanctions for not doing so.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone remember when I said.. on 05:13 - Dec 5 with 1217 viewstextbackup

thought it was bollix when everyone started saying, like they were above the competition. knew full well if we got to the final we'd have 22/25k making a trip down to wemburley.

the scummer at work said "if you won that nothing cup, and we went down having beaten man city at home, i'd say you'd had the better season..." I pointed out winning a league game isn't remotely the same as winning a cup, he went a bit quiet

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone remember when I said.. on 06:45 - Dec 5 with 1105 viewsm14_blue

Anyone remember when I said.. on 05:13 - Dec 5 by textbackup

thought it was bollix when everyone started saying, like they were above the competition. knew full well if we got to the final we'd have 22/25k making a trip down to wemburley.

the scummer at work said "if you won that nothing cup, and we went down having beaten man city at home, i'd say you'd had the better season..." I pointed out winning a league game isn't remotely the same as winning a cup, he went a bit quiet

We’d have 40k going, without a doubt.
Anyone remember when I said.. on 07:36 - Dec 5 with 1023 viewsTractorWood

It is a nonsense competition but I'd pop along to Wembley for a few beers and watch us win. Shameless but at least I'm honest.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone remember when I said.. on 07:51 - Dec 5 with 976 viewsColin_Viljoen

Can we put another star on our shirts lol
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone remember when I said.. on 08:51 - Dec 5 with 898 viewsBigManBlue

Good man - I still hate that they let the Under-23's in but it's still a cup and I want to see us win as many games as I can!

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Anyone remember when I said.. on 09:06 - Dec 5 with 867 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone remember when I said.. on 05:13 - Dec 5 by textbackup

Competition is working very well for us in getting game time to fringe, reserve and youth players - happy for it to continue.

But if we get to the semi final I want to win and go to Wembley, and put out a proper team to do so!

Hopefully a home draw in the next round

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone remember when I said.. on 09:37 - Dec 5 with 800 viewsagravenor

Anyone remember when I said.. on 09:06 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Competition is working very well for us in getting game time to fringe, reserve and youth players - happy for it to continue.

But if we get to the semi final I want to win and go to Wembley, and put out a proper team to do so!

Would be very harsh on the youth if we made the final and swapped to full first team!!
Anyone remember when I said.. on 10:21 - Dec 5 with 744 viewsJonBlue

I only get to a couple of games a season usually because of my location/finances but a chance to see Town at Wembley for the first time in two decades would be one I would hate to miss. Tinpot comp or no it would still be a great day out.
Anyone remember when I said.. on 18:13 - Dec 5 with 587 viewstextbackup

Anyone remember when I said.. on 09:06 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Imagine he puts out the 3rd team in the final, with Chambers etc all watching in the crowd...

Part of me would respect that if they got us there in the first place

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024