Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night 13:36 - Dec 5 with 1178 viewsitfcjoe

Going up about 4pm and back on the last train....

Think split tickets can get me to about £38.50, anyone beat that and how?

(From Ipswich)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 13:43 - Dec 5 with 1142 viewsFunge

Think the 'open' off-peak, standard class, return is about £43 atm, no?

(in answer to your question, no, that seems keen)
Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 13:49 - Dec 5 with 1123 viewsitfcjoe

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 13:43 - Dec 5 by Funge

Think the 'open' off-peak, standard class, return is about £43 atm, no?

(in answer to your question, no, that seems keen)

Yep, this splits it at Colchester to save £5, think I'll struggle to get it cheaper

Just galling when only popping up for a few hours to spend £40 on the train

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:00 - Dec 5 with 1102 views05Jchamb

Google “greater anglia london evening out ticket”.

Should probably work for you As I think it’s any train from ipswich to Liv Street after 1400 and then return on any between 20.30-23.30 but check that what you need fits the bill.

£23 return with no railcard and I believe railcards can be applied to bring it down.

Needs to be booked the day before travel at the latest.

Hope this helps
Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:00 - Dec 5 with 1092 viewsDubtractor

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 13:49 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Yep, this splits it at Colchester to save £5, think I'll struggle to get it cheaper

Pretty certain that splitting at manningtree works out cheaper.

If there are 3 people travelling as a group that also works out cheaper, for no reason I can think of.

The guys in the ticket office will always give you the best deal if you ask them.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:02 - Dec 5 with 1082 viewsSitfcB

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:00 - Dec 5 by 05Jchamb

Should probably work for you As I think it’s any train from ipswich to Liv Street after 1400 and then return on any between 20.30-23.30 but check that what you need fits the bill.

£23 return with no railcard and I believe railcards can be applied to bring it down.

Hope this helps

Great shout. I remember seeing something about that the other month.

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/london-evening-out

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:03 - Dec 5 with 1071 viewsSitfcB

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:00 - Dec 5 by Dubtractor

If there are 3 people travelling as a group that also works out cheaper, for no reason I can think of.

The guys in the ticket office will always give you the best deal if you ask them.

3+ people travelling means a group save which gets you a third off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:04 - Dec 5 with 1072 viewsGeoffSentence

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 13:49 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Your £38.50 is a really good price, for what is it worth going by bus at 16:00 and catching the 23:20 bus back from Liverpool Street would only cost three quid less, would involve going back via Stansted where you would have an hour and 25 minute wait to get on the bus to Ipswich and you would get in at three in the morning.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:10 - Dec 5 with 1040 viewsitfcjoe

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:00 - Dec 5 by 05Jchamb

Hope this helps

Legend - I owe you a beer for this!

Login to get fewer ads

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:11 - Dec 5 with 1038 viewsFunge

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:00 - Dec 5 by Dubtractor

This might be pointing out the bloody obvious, but if you buy a ticket online ('thetrainline.com'), or one of these, then the ticket office staff are precisely no assistance whatsoever when querying said ticket; telling you to speak to the provider you bought from (with the sweet torture that subsequently entails....)

In summary, it's probably worth queueing up to talk to someone face to face, as opposed to buying online, I suppose....
Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:13 - Dec 5 with 1036 views05Jchamb

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:10 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Legend - I owe you a beer for this!

Happy to help. I’ve never personally used it so just make sure it is does what you need before buying. Friends visiting me have used it without any issues recently though. Think it’s online only.
Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:14 - Dec 5 with 1025 viewsFunge

Hope this helps

This is quality - cheers.
Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:15 - Dec 5 with 1024 viewsITFC_Forever

That's the going rate.... and it's only going to go up.

Guys in the ticket office always give as good or better deals than any on-line, worth popping down to the station this afternoon if you have time.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:15 - Dec 5 with 1023 viewsitfcjoe

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:13 - Dec 5 by 05Jchamb

Happy to help. I’ve never personally used it so just make sure it is does what you need before buying. Friends visiting me have used it without any issues recently though. Think it’s online only.

Just bought it, if you miss last train it is valid for the morning to which is ideal

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:17 - Dec 5 with 1012 views05Jchamb

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:15 - Dec 5 by itfcjoe

Just bought it, if you miss last train it is valid for the morning to which is ideal

That’s good to know. Nice to see GA bringing in something positive for a change.

Enjoy your trip.
Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:20 - Dec 5 with 1000 viewswkj

For all the flaws the customer service people have with Abelio, usually the staff at the desk of the station will let you know the cheapest possible option including split tickets and whatever else.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 14:22 - Dec 5 with 991 viewsfactual_blue

Just sit in the loo for the journey.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 17:35 - Dec 5 with 868 viewsIllinoisblue

be sure to give it some of this:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cheap way to get train tickets to London tomorrow night on 17:40 - Dec 5 with 859 viewsLord_Lucan

Get a "Callis Ticket"

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024