Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour should have walked this election. 13:39 - Dec 5 with 5935 viewsusm

It was/is there for the taking, but Corbyn is simply unelectable.
Far too much of a risk, economically and security so it looks like its going to be the Tories again, largely due to the lack of a viable alternative.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:41 - Dec 5 with 2247 viewsBigManBlue

I'm amused by this idea that lots of people apparently voted Brexit because the economy doesn't work for them - but could never vote for Corbyn because he's a danger to the economy by doing something completely different...

Not saying that this is you, just something the post made me think of.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:43 - Dec 5 with 2225 viewsJ2BLUE

Labour won't get a majority. Their manifesto would be watered down by coalition partners. Probably with compromises on everything the other coalition parties want. More environmental impact from the greens, 16 year olds getting the vote in another referendum for the Lib Dems etc.

Unless you are in a constituency where one of those other parties can win, you would be best served voting Labour no?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:43 - Dec 5 with 2223 viewsBlueBadger

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:41 - Dec 5 by BigManBlue

I'm amused by this idea that lots of people apparently voted Brexit because the economy doesn't work for them - but could never vote for Corbyn because he's a danger to the economy by doing something completely different...

'No, this boot on my neck is fine. In fact it's keeping the rain off of it'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:44 - Dec 5 with 2218 viewsSwansea_Blue

He lost me when he started eating babies.

Yes, a different type of leader may make the difference, but the personal attacks were there with Miliband too. And his only ‘crime’ was not winning over the popular press and controlling the narrative, as Blair did.

(See all the other threads we’ve had pointing out why the Tory manifesto and Boris represent the bigger economic and security risks).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:45 - Dec 5 with 2204 viewsBLUEBEAT

Vote for the policies, not the man.

Poll: W or W

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:47 - Dec 5 with 2192 viewsBigManBlue

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:44 - Dec 5 by Swansea_Blue

He lost me when he started eating babies.

Yes, a different type of leader may make the difference, but the personal attacks were there with Miliband too. And his only ‘crime’ was not winning over the popular press and controlling the narrative, as Blair did.

(See all the other threads we’ve had pointing out why the Tory manifesto and Boris represent the bigger economic and security risks).

Agreed, I think Tory cuts to police/probation services are a bigger threat to my personal security than Jezza's ambivalence to the bomb...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:01 - Dec 5 with 2086 viewsusm

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:41 - Dec 5 by BigManBlue

Its not me.

Brexit, to me, is relatively irrelevant - there are more important issues.

FOYSC

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:07 - Dec 5 with 2080 viewsusm

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:47 - Dec 5 by BigManBlue

Agreed, I think Tory cuts to police/probation services are a bigger threat to my personal security than Jezza's ambivalence to the bomb...

Its not just the bomb though is it.

What about his "tolerance" of the IRA and terrorism generally, his dislike of the monarchy, his dislike of the USA - if push comes to shove, like it or not, we'll need the US. And if he does manage to wreck the economy, the whole lot goes to sh1t.

Far too much of a risk from my perspective - and I'm a bit of a risk taker....occasionally.

FOYSC

Login to get fewer ads

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:09 - Dec 5 with 2072 viewsBlueBadger

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:01 - Dec 5 by usm

Its not me.

Brexit, to me, is relatively irrelevant - there are more important issues.

Brexit will impact on *all* the important issues.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:19 - Dec 5 with 2049 viewsBLUEGOLD

They would do if people looked at the policies and voted with their conscience.

Those that don’t will blame Corbyn, rather than looking at themselves.

Anyone who votes Tory after the last 9 years with this disgraceful version that Johnson has assembled is a vvanker
Labour should have walked this election. on 15:26 - Dec 5 with 2033 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:19 - Dec 5 by BLUEGOLD

Anyone who votes Tory after the last 9 years with this disgraceful version that Johnson has assembled is a vvanker

What if people decide that they can't vote Johnson or Corbyn so choose LibDem/Green/SNP/Plaid etc?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:31 - Dec 5 with 2021 viewslowhouseblue

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:19 - Dec 5 by BLUEGOLD

corbyn would be just as bad as johnson, but in different ways. a corbyn government would crash the economy and create crisis - a crisis which would make the fiscal problems in 2010 look inconsequential. if you really fear the return of a proper hard line thatcherite government the greatest risk of getting one is after a hard left government which screws the economy. a corbyn government would also be illiberal and corrupt.

so which way should i vote?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:33 - Dec 5 with 2005 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:26 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

What if people decide that they can't vote Johnson or Corbyn so choose LibDem/Green/SNP/Plaid etc?

Today I have decided that for the first time in my life I'm not voting.

I am politically homeless!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:35 - Dec 5 with 1985 viewsFixed_It

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:31 - Dec 5 by lowhouseblue

corbyn would be just as bad as johnson, but in different ways. a corbyn government would crash the economy and create crisis - a crisis which would make the fiscal problems in 2010 look inconsequential. if you really fear the return of a proper hard line thatcherite government the greatest risk of getting one is after a hard left government which screws the economy. a corbyn government would also be illiberal and corrupt.

so which way should i vote?

Of course, persuing Brexit will lead us to the economic land of milk and honey! While services are cut and the poor and weak are left to suffer and fend for themselves. Give me a government which at least has a moral compass any day...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:39 - Dec 5 with 1967 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:33 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

I thought Boris was your man?

Iron Lion Zion

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:42 - Dec 5 with 1954 viewslowhouseblue

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:35 - Dec 5 by Fixed_It

Of course, persuing Brexit will lead us to the economic land of milk and honey! While services are cut and the poor and weak are left to suffer and fend for themselves. Give me a government which at least has a moral compass any day...

what you risk getting is a plummeting pound, growing inflation, unprecedented government borrowing which will prove unsustainable, a fall in private investment, rising interest rates, and quite possibly exchange controls. you'll get shares and assets confiscated and newly nationalised industries used as a pot to bribe unions. brexit may well then look like a picnic.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:51 - Dec 5 with 1934 viewsFixed_It

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:42 - Dec 5 by lowhouseblue

what you risk getting is a plummeting pound, growing inflation, unprecedented government borrowing which will prove unsustainable, a fall in private investment, rising interest rates, and quite possibly exchange controls. you'll get shares and assets confiscated and newly nationalised industries used as a pot to bribe unions. brexit may well then look like a picnic.

Plummeting pound - have you seen what the threat of Brexit has done?
Investment in essential services - creating employment .
An end to austerity - which wasn't actually necessary anyway, but served the Tory agenda well. Labour did NOT cause the global Banking Crisis despite what the right wing press would have people believe.
Nationalisation where needed - and we all know the industries where privatisation has failed.
And that is without even mentioning the NHS which is under real threat (unless you actually believe Trump and Johnson, in which case you are a mug!).
I am no left-wing looney, but I do fear the lurch to the right that we are in danger of taking, mainly because I have morals.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:51 - Dec 5 with 1929 viewsbaxterbasics

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:33 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

At least turn up and draw a massive willy on your ballot. Then you get counted as a 'spoiled' vote at least, and might give some tired counter a chuckle.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:58 - Dec 5 with 1904 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:51 - Dec 5 by baxterbasics

At least turn up and draw a massive willy on your ballot. Then you get counted as a 'spoiled' vote at least, and might give some tired counter a chuckle.

I was going to draw a huge cock on the ballot paper but I was worried they might think it was a vote for Sandy Martin.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:58 - Dec 5 with 1899 viewsbaxterbasics

I would also argue that Cameron would be wiping the floor with Labour right now if he were still in charge, and Brexit had never happened. Lots of if's there and it's all hypothetical, but the Conservatives just seem inept at campaigning compared to 2010 and 2015.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Labour should have walked this election. on 16:00 - Dec 5 with 1885 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:39 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

I thought Boris was your man?

He is but I can't vote for a Brexit party**

**Even though I have a brain and realise that it isn't as black and white as the ignoramuses on here think it is.

Labour should have walked this election. on 16:03 - Dec 5 with 1867 viewsGlasgowBlue

Labour should have walked this election. on 16:00 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

He is but I can't vote for a Brexit party**

**Even though I have a brain and realise that it isn't as black and white as the ignoramuses on here think it is.

I know you voted for remain mate but over the past three years you have been one of the most vocal people saying that your side lost and the result should be respected.

Iron Lion Zion

Labour should have walked this election. on 16:04 - Dec 5 with 1857 viewslowhouseblue

Labour should have walked this election. on 15:51 - Dec 5 by Fixed_It

Plummeting pound - have you seen what the threat of Brexit has done?
Investment in essential services - creating employment .
An end to austerity - which wasn't actually necessary anyway, but served the Tory agenda well. Labour did NOT cause the global Banking Crisis despite what the right wing press would have people believe.
Nationalisation where needed - and we all know the industries where privatisation has failed.
And that is without even mentioning the NHS which is under real threat (unless you actually believe Trump and Johnson, in which case you are a mug!).
I am no left-wing looney, but I do fear the lurch to the right that we are in danger of taking, mainly because I have morals.

the pound could fall much further.
we're already at full employment - who is going to take these new public sector jobs? any job creation now needs to be gradual to shift people between sectors.
there is no dispute about the need to end austerity or the need to invest in public services. - the issue is with the quantum - corbyn takes it to utterly reckless levels. there needs to be an element of appropriate fiscal constraint - corbyn and co have none.
labour didn't cause the banking crisis but they left the public finances completely unprepared for it.
nationalisation under corbyn will used to bribe unions and to pursue political purposes - the firms will become a bottomless pit of subsidies and price fixes.
if you mess up the economy then eventually you further mess up the nhs.

to be clear - we need more public spending and we need more government investment. but if it isn't at a sustainable level it risks doing serious macro damage.

Labour should have walked this election. on 16:04 - Dec 5 with 1857 viewsSwansea_Blue

Labour should have walked this election. on 13:47 - Dec 5 by BigManBlue

BoJo being allegedly listed as a security threat by No 10/MI6 (if true), being seriously backed by Russia donors and refusing to release a report into Russian interference in our democracy aren't particularly good looks either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Labour should have walked this election. on 16:06 - Dec 5 with 1847 viewsLord_Lucan

Labour should have walked this election. on 16:03 - Dec 5 by GlasgowBlue

I know you voted for remain mate but over the past three years you have been one of the most vocal people saying that your side lost and the result should be respected.

And I still agree with that, but something in my mind says I should abstain - also I stay in Norwich Thursdays so I would have to drive home Thursday night when I could be curled up in my man cave with a bottle of plonk.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024