Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry away - pub help needed! 16:30 - Dec 5 with 1184 viewscambblue

Saw that ticket sales are just under 2k.

Never been to St Andrews before, are there decent pubs for the away fans and if so where about are they?

Will people booze in the City or find somewhere closer to the ground.

COYBS.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 16:31]
Coventry away - pub help needed! on 16:49 - Dec 5 with 1136 viewslinhdi

Nothing much near the ground. Most stay in the city centre or around the Digbeth area en route to the ground. Wellington good for real ale bores. Wetherspoons' Briar Rose does not allow football fans in colours.
Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:17 - Dec 5 with 1079 viewsLord_Lucan

If you fancy paying less than £3 a pint and don't mind watching fat families getting p1ssed and singing to themselves then you could try the recently refurbished Bull Ring Tavern, it's only a short hop from New Street but points you in the right direction.

It's a bit of an odd bod pub but I like it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:29 - Dec 5 with 1048 viewscambblue

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:17 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

If you fancy paying less than £3 a pint and don't mind watching fat families getting p1ssed and singing to themselves then you could try the recently refurbished Bull Ring Tavern, it's only a short hop from New Street but points you in the right direction.

It's a bit of an odd bod pub but I like it.

Sounds oddly up my street!

Is there any central place for away fans then or scattered amongst various places? Taking some friends and just want to show them a bit of pre-game atmosphere.
Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:35 - Dec 5 with 1043 viewsLord_Lucan

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:29 - Dec 5 by cambblue

Sounds oddly up my street!

Is there any central place for away fans then or scattered amongst various places? Taking some friends and just want to show them a bit of pre-game atmosphere.

Not that I know of but a lot of away fans seem to go in The Shakespeare because it's right outside the station - but you're the wrong side of the tracks to St Andrews - although taxis are a plenty around there.

You almost definitely won't see any town fans in The Bull Ring Tavern - which actually is a solid Blues pub.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:43 - Dec 5 with 1025 viewsEastTownBlue

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 16:49 - Dec 5 by linhdi

Nothing much near the ground. Most stay in the city centre or around the Digbeth area en route to the ground. Wellington good for real ale bores. Wetherspoons' Briar Rose does not allow football fans in colours.

Only about 16 beers on at the Wellington for us real ale bores. Although it does appear to be the most Wetherspoons non Wetherspoons.

Some on here won’t appreciate me mentioning the Post Office Vaults.
Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:45 - Dec 5 with 1017 viewsEastTownBlue

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:35 - Dec 5 by Lord_Lucan

Not that I know of but a lot of away fans seem to go in The Shakespeare because it's right outside the station - but you're the wrong side of the tracks to St Andrews - although taxis are a plenty around there.

You almost definitely won't see any town fans in The Bull Ring Tavern - which actually is a solid Blues pub.

Ah, was that was the Zulu pub you mentioned a few years back ?

It didn’t look very inviting.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 17:58]
Coventry away - pub help needed! on 18:12 - Dec 5 with 978 viewsgainsboroughblue

I know they aren't playing at Coventry, and indeed it isn't there anymore, but the mercers arms was a cracking pre-match pub.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 18:15 - Dec 5 with 978 viewstextbackup

We got told a pub by the home stewards (when playing brum a few years back)
Walked in and it was packed of massive brum lads, and their massive kids!
Went without any issues but the steward must have known what he was doing!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 20:37 - Dec 5 with 837 viewsbackwaywhen

Cricketers Arms .....
Coventry away - pub help needed! on 20:59 - Dec 5 with 817 viewsFreddies_Ears

Coventry away - pub help needed! on 17:43 - Dec 5 by EastTownBlue

Only about 16 beers on at the Wellington for us real ale bores. Although it does appear to be the most Wetherspoons non Wetherspoons.

Some on here won’t appreciate me mentioning the Post Office Vaults.

Post Office Vaults is indeed a terrible recommendation. (??!!!!!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024