Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing 21:29 - Dec 5 with 1255 viewswhymark4lazio0

Prompted by Adam Webster scoring this evening, here's my stab at best XI if allowed to select current and ex-Ipswich players (not loanees) still playing. A "what we could have had" team:-

Nick Pope (Burnley)

Vincent-Young (ITFC)---Mings-(AV)---Webster (BHA)---Cresswell (WHU)

Hourihane (AV)---Skuse (ITFC)---Flynn Downes (ITFC)

McGoldrick (SHU)---Keiffer Moore (Wigan)----Waghorn (Derby)

Seems a bit light in midfield. I must have missed out one or two. Not sure whether Jack Marriott should be ahead of Keiffer Moore- Moore gets the nod cos he's scored a couple for Wales.

Defensively this team is Premier League- overall it could be Championship play-off standard. What would be your XI?

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 21:37 - Dec 5 with 1216 viewsSuperblue95

Why are loanees not allowed but a guy released as a schoolboy and another bloke who never played for us are in your team?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 21:48 - Dec 5 with 1184 viewswhymark4lazio0

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 21:37 - Dec 5 by Superblue95

Why are loanees not allowed but a guy released as a schoolboy and another bloke who never played for us are in your team?

Because we could have kept them- they were on our books. Not sure we could have retained any of the excellent loan players we've had recently.

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 21:50 - Dec 5 with 1174 viewsClapham_Junction

Connor Wickham?
Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 22:12 - Dec 5 with 1128 viewswhymark4lazio0

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 21:50 - Dec 5 by Clapham_Junction

Connor Wickham?

Good call- a fit Connor would definitely be better than K Moore

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 22:38 - Dec 5 with 1070 viewspelles321

Possibly Jordan Rhodes up front?

It is all opinion but I’d say mid table championship for me. You have current league one players and mid-low championship players throughout.
Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 09:00 - Dec 6 with 916 viewsMrTown

I don't see why loanees can't play, they played for Town still?

Mine would be:

Begovic
KVY - Webster - Mings - Cresswell
Hourihane - Downes
Townsend - McGoldrick - Fraser
Waghorn

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 09:16 - Dec 6 with 893 viewsBigManBlue

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 22:38 - Dec 5 by pelles321

It is all opinion but I’d say mid table championship for me. You have current league one players and mid-low championship players throughout.

I'd go for Rhodes as well but keep the rest. I think that team could make the playoffs, but it does highlight how long it's been since we've had a really effective midfield playmaker.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 09:20 - Dec 6 with 889 viewsvapour_trail

Gio dos Santos

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 11:15 - Dec 6 with 810 viewsmonty_radio

Best XI from current and ex-Ipswich players still playing on 22:38 - Dec 5 by pelles321

"Throughout" is a bit harsh. Besides, a dream-team is how you see it, and it doesn't take much of a dream to show that Downes is better than the company he currently keeps. Skuse in his prime could have graced a better team than us.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024