Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. 08:01 - Dec 6 with 4222 viewshampstead_blue

Rig an election....

Bring in two million supporters at the last minute.

1) JC wants to remain neutral - because he never tells us what he 'really' thinks. If he did he wouldn't even be an MP
2) He will go and get another deal - which will be not fit for purpose
3) He ships in two million voters - these then vote against his deal as the are NOT BRitish citizens but from the EU
4) We remain.

By allowing EU nationals to vote, he has already stated he will hand our sovereignty to the EU.
What next will he hand over?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:20 - Dec 6 with 1667 viewsJosebadleg

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 09:00 - Dec 6 by StokieBlue

"Hand our sovereignty to the EU".

Such emotive language with so little understanding.

On point 3, you are aware that non-British people are already allowed to vote in UK elections right?

SB

EU Citizens aren't allowed to vote in UK Parliamentary elections. They have to be British Citizens to vote.
https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/sites/default/files/2019-09/UKPGE%20Polli
Page 18 & 19 for anyone who's interested in who's allowed to vote.

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:24 - Dec 6 with 1656 viewslongtimefan

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:17 - Dec 6 by BrixtonBlue

If that's true it's wrong IMO. And I don't see why we should do something just because others are doing it.

If you're paying tax money you ought to be allowed a say in how it's spent IMO. Can't see any good reason why not.

“And I don't see why we should do something just because others are doing it”

That sounds rather like a reason not to be in the EU!
How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:24 - Dec 6 with 1655 viewsitfcjoe

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 08:53 - Dec 6 by hampstead_blue

I agree that to some, BJ included, they have ulterior motives. That is wrong.
I've not seen the film btw.
I wanted Hunt to win

JC and JM are driven by outdated ideology and a deep seated hatred of success and wealth.
In addition they are both supporters of terrorists and organisations which want to wipe out Israel.

Sorry, but I'd rather have BJ for a short while. I can't wait for him to get bored and bog-off so we can get someone decent in charge.

Since when were people so concerned about Israel? I just really don't get why they have such a special status

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:25 - Dec 6 with 1653 viewsjeera

"because he never tells us what he 'really' thinks".

He's been saying the same thing for 40 years.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:30 - Dec 6 with 1634 viewsHerbivore

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:24 - Dec 6 by longtimefan

“And I don't see why we should do something just because others are doing it”

That sounds rather like a reason not to be in the EU!

How so? This might surprise you but we are a sovereign nation within the EU and able to make numerous laws totally unfettered by the EU. Who knew!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:36 - Dec 6 with 1620 viewslongtimefan

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:30 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

How so? This might surprise you but we are a sovereign nation within the EU and able to make numerous laws totally unfettered by the EU. Who knew!

Didn’t get so upset Herb. It was intended as a bit of humorous sarcasm. I’m a remainer and Pro-EU.
How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:39 - Dec 6 with 1610 viewschicoazul

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:24 - Dec 6 by itfcjoe

Since when were people so concerned about Israel? I just really don't get why they have such a special status

"I just really don't get why they have such a special status"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Nolte

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:45 - Dec 6 with 1598 viewsDarth_Koont

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:24 - Dec 6 by itfcjoe

TLDR: It's putting ideology and self-interest over the needs of people. That's why Israel is "important".

It's where Christian fundamentalism, ultra-Zionist Jewish fundamentalism, right-wing nationalism, islamophobia and Western imperialism all meet. Opposed by those who are Islamist, antisemitic and just as violent.

It's also about ordinary people, both Israeli and Palestinian, who simply deserve better and need their rights protected.

Unfortunately, the majority of the combatants, supporters and apologists (including our own government and a majority of politicians) are only really occupied by the nonsense at the top. And pay lip service to the important stuff. For instance, they say they want a two-state solution but will do nothing about it. Nor lift a finger as the possibility of that peace disappears day by day.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:46 - Dec 6 with 1598 viewsStokieBlue

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:20 - Dec 6 by Josebadleg

EU Citizens aren't allowed to vote in UK Parliamentary elections. They have to be British Citizens to vote.
https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/sites/default/files/2019-09/UKPGE%20Polli
Page 18 & 19 for anyone who's interested in who's allowed to vote.

Where did I say EU citizens?

They don't have to be British Citizens to vote in parliamentary elections - you need to be more precise because we don't want any fake news.

Commonwealth citizens who are residents or have indefinite leave to remain are allowed to vote in parliamentary elections and the EU referendum.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:51 - Dec 6 with 1584 viewsClapham_Junction

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 09:07 - Dec 6 by hampstead_blue

I know about the rights to vote in other matters.

To allow those without a British passport to vote on such matters is entirely wrong.
It's giving our democracy to the EU.

Sorry, but it's just too far. Who did I fight for? The UK or the EU?

Who you fight for should be irrelevant. It's what you are fighting for that matters.
How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:55 - Dec 6 with 1574 viewsEdwardStone

If anything, the 2016 referendum was rigged.....there were two very different groups of people who were barred from voting

Those who live, work and pay their taxes in this country but are not UK citizens.....this would include many EU nationals

And those who are UK citizens but have chosen to live abroad

Surely it is less than fair and less than reasonable that both these groups were excluded from the original vote. One of the two groups must be eligible either on grounds of citizenship or the fact that they are integrated members of our country. To have disenfranchised both is illogical and inconsistent
How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:56 - Dec 6 with 1572 viewsEwan_Oozami

Would you allow the EU citizens who have been granted pre-Settled Status in the UK (in preparation for post-Brexit) to vote in any 2nd referendum?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 11:03 - Dec 6 with 1556 viewsJosebadleg

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:46 - Dec 6 by StokieBlue

Where did I say EU citizens?

They don't have to be British Citizens to vote in parliamentary elections - you need to be more precise because we don't want any fake news.

Commonwealth citizens who are residents or have indefinite leave to remain are allowed to vote in parliamentary elections and the EU referendum.

SB

Sorry I misread your reply and was referring to the OP point 3 about EU citizens. I admit that I did exclude commenwealth and Irish citizens as I was concentrating on other stuff and didn't proof read my reply.
I linked the Electoral Commission Handbook for Poll Staff so people can see exactly who can vote in this election

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 11:05 - Dec 6 with 1549 viewsEdwardStone

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 10:56 - Dec 6 by Ewan_Oozami

Would you allow the EU citizens who have been granted pre-Settled Status in the UK (in preparation for post-Brexit) to vote in any 2nd referendum?

Of course....

In fact, if you advertised this fact many months in advance of 2nd ref then you would have a huge upsurge in EU citizens registering in order for them to be able to express their opinion
How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 11:15 - Dec 6 with 1535 viewsStokieBlue

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 11:03 - Dec 6 by Josebadleg

Sorry I misread your reply and was referring to the OP point 3 about EU citizens. I admit that I did exclude commenwealth and Irish citizens as I was concentrating on other stuff and didn't proof read my reply.
I linked the Electoral Commission Handbook for Poll Staff so people can see exactly who can vote in this election

No worries :).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 12:03 - Dec 6 with 1511 viewsHARRY10

It's as if brexiters do not believe that we see them as nutters.

We do, so stuff like this is not needed...honestly.
How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 12:55 - Dec 6 with 1489 viewsSacrebleu

How to.....rig a referendum and hand over sovereignty. on 09:16 - Dec 6 by ElephantintheRoom

You do know that someone from say South Africa who has lived in this country for one year can vote - but an EU citizen that has lived here their entire life from 1973 cannot? I guess it preserves the memories of empire when britain was great etc

You do know the EU is an open border. The rest of the world isn’t.

You might change your tune if unsavoury elements from Hungary or Poland turn up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024