Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? 09:48 - Dec 6 with 1609 viewsBrixtonBlue

You should do. And then you should get very worried indeed.

Whatever you think of Labour and Corbyn, or any other party for that matter, you CANNOT let the Conservatives implement this stuff.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 09:50 - Dec 6 with 1582 viewsHerbivore

It was one of the first things that jumped out at me when the manifesto was launched. It's terrifying. Anyone voting Tory is giving Boris Johnson a blank cheque to do away with any checks and balances on government power. I honestly don't comprehend how anyone can vote for the Tories knowing what we know about them, their leader, and their manifesto.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 09:59 - Dec 6 with 1555 viewsgeg1992

This is genuinely scary stuff. All this rave about being democratic blah blah yet they're looking to impose this??

Anyone voting for conservative is genuinely a moron. At the same time, Labour isn't much better.

What a world we live in.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 10:09 - Dec 6 with 1533 viewsSteve_M

Brexit has been taken as an an opportunity for an executive power grab, first by May with the Withdrawal Agreement and now by Johnson. This country was already one of the most highly centralised in Europe, Scottish and Welsh devolution notwithstanding.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 10:27 - Dec 6 with 1489 viewsBlueNomad

Too many big words for their foot soldiers to contemplate, especially as p48 doesn't say "get Brexit done".
Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:20 - Dec 6 with 1398 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 09:50 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

It was one of the first things that jumped out at me when the manifesto was launched. It's terrifying. Anyone voting Tory is giving Boris Johnson a blank cheque to do away with any checks and balances on government power. I honestly don't comprehend how anyone can vote for the Tories knowing what we know about them, their leader, and their manifesto.

This is genuinely scary, and how we go from Democracy to Despotism. Imagine a prime minister, not just Johnson, but any prime minister now and in the future being able to use Royal prerogative to do as they please without any checks on that from the courts.

It'll lead to tyranny eventually. How can people vote for this, how? Is it really want people want?
Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:29 - Dec 6 with 1377 viewsDyland

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 10:09 - Dec 6 by Steve_M

Brexit has been taken as an an opportunity for an executive power grab, first by May with the Withdrawal Agreement and now by Johnson. This country was already one of the most highly centralised in Europe, Scottish and Welsh devolution notwithstanding.

Yep... and as the Tory says it's "a distraction to what we have to focus on right now".

Arf. Not.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:30 - Dec 6 with 1374 viewsHerbivore

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:20 - Dec 6 by Decoy_Octopus

This is genuinely scary, and how we go from Democracy to Despotism. Imagine a prime minister, not just Johnson, but any prime minister now and in the future being able to use Royal prerogative to do as they please without any checks on that from the courts.

It'll lead to tyranny eventually. How can people vote for this, how? Is it really want people want?

All people hear is "Get Brexit done", partly because that's what they want to hear and partly because that is what most of the press is giving them.

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:32 - Dec 6 with 1366 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:30 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

All people hear is "Get Brexit done", partly because that's what they want to hear and partly because that is what most of the press is giving them.

That's true

Taking this to the extreme though whats to stop a future PM taking us back into the EU using Royal Prerogative, with no say on whether that's what the country wants. It works both ways. How would Leave supporting conservative voters square that?
Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:42 - Dec 6 with 1347 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite right. I'm surprised there hasn't been more made of this in the media, but then I suppose they've all be distracted by whether BJ is going to do an interview or not, the latest lie, a dead cat or five, how he makes his tea, etc.

People should be very worried about their plans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:53 - Dec 6 with 1315 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:42 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

Quite right. I'm surprised there hasn't been more made of this in the media, but then I suppose they've all be distracted by whether BJ is going to do an interview or not, the latest lie, a dead cat or five, how he makes his tea, etc.

The sad thing is even if it was, a lot of people would assume it would only be used to get Brexit through and therefore carrying out the democratic "Will of the people"

Until it's used to say erode some human rights, which although extreme, could be done by a less scrupulous leader
Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:59 - Dec 6 with 1289 viewssolemio

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:53 - Dec 6 by Decoy_Octopus

The sad thing is even if it was, a lot of people would assume it would only be used to get Brexit through and therefore carrying out the democratic "Will of the people"

Until it's used to say erode some human rights, which although extreme, could be done by a less scrupulous leader

You're surely not suggesting that there is a less scrupulous leader than Johnson?
Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 12:00 - Dec 6 with 1289 viewsZedRodgers

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:42 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

Usual suspects conspicuous by their absence in this thread.

No, not at the moment

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 12:01 - Dec 6 with 1284 viewsitfcjoe

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:30 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

Take Back Control

Get Brexit Done

Both meaningless, both lies and both have worked

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 12:05 - Dec 6 with 1263 viewsDecoy_Octopus

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 11:59 - Dec 6 by solemio

You're surely not suggesting that there is a less scrupulous leader than Johnson?

Ha! not at the moment no, but this being enacted would apply to all future PM's so theoretically there could be a worse one in the future

Unless he uses it too abolish the fixed term parliament act, something also in their manifesto. He could be PM until he chooses to call an election
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 12:07]
Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 17:18 - Dec 6 with 1100 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 12:01 - Dec 6 by itfcjoe

Take Back Control

Get Brexit Done

Both meaningless, both lies and both have worked

Build the wall.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 18:20 - Dec 6 with 1032 viewsHerbivore

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 17:18 - Dec 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Build the wall.

Lock her up.

Send them back.

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 18:27 - Dec 6 with 1018 viewsjaykay

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 12:00 - Dec 6 by ZedRodgers

Usual suspects conspicuous by their absence in this thread.

but they not tories or something or other

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 19:58 - Dec 6 with 941 viewsBluefish

I was going to be impressed by you then for the first ever time but was left disappointed. I actually thought you had read the manifesto and i would have to take back my view of you having no real interest in politics but just repeating everything that you are told to say like a true cult member

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 20:15 - Dec 6 with 915 viewscatch74

Has anyone read page 48 of the Tory manifesto? on 18:20 - Dec 6 by Herbivore

Lock her up.

Send them back.

Brexit envoy to US has resigned.

https://apple.news/AFKYZJe_DShWY13QCjqlQkA

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024