Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sweet. 14:12 - Dec 6 with 2282 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Went along to the Apex last night to see The Sweet, well Andy Scott’s Sweet really, and had a cracking time singing along to the old hits and some other good old rocking album tracks, then it got me thinking, Blockbuster was the first single I bought. Anyone else remember their first record purchase.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The Sweet. on 14:17 - Dec 6 with 1852 viewsLord_Lucan

Brilliant stuff. I had Blockbuster in my selection - still got it probably.

Back then I used to get a single every week rather than pocket money, I think my first single was Hello Hello I'm Back Again by good ol Gary Glitter.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Sweet. on 14:50 - Dec 6 with 1816 viewsjontysnut

one of my favorite facts is that Brian Connolly was Taggart's brother
The Sweet. on 15:41 - Dec 6 with 1772 viewsColin_Viljoen

Remember seeing them at St Matthews Bath's back in the 70's.
The Sweet. on 16:40 - Dec 6 with 1738 viewsWeWereZombies

First single bought was 'Green Manalishi' by Fleetwood Mac, still have it. Might have been purchased at Boots in Tavern Street.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

The Sweet. on 16:45 - Dec 6 with 1733 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

The Sweet. on 14:17 - Dec 6 by Lord_Lucan

Back then I used to get a single every week rather than pocket money, I think my first single was Hello Hello I'm Back Again by good ol Gary Glitter.

Was at a Club 18-30 reunion down in Brighton many moons ago and Gary Glitter was the headline act on the Saturday night. Thousands of pissed up revelers singing their heads off.

T Rextacy are playing the Apex in January if there are any Bolan/glam fans out there, and are excellent.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The Sweet. on 16:47 - Dec 6 with 1722 viewsPJH

Not sure if it was my first put certainly one of my early one's was "You Really Got Me".

Three singles for a pound in old money back then.

LP's thirty two shillings and six pence I think.
The Sweet. on 16:57 - Dec 6 with 1722 viewsGlasgowBlue

My first single was Gary Glitter’s I Love You Love Me Love.

My mum was romantically involved with the old paedo when they were both singers in the club circuit in the early 60’s before she met my old man.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Sweet. on 16:59 - Dec 6 with 1714 viewswoodbridge_blue

My Minds Eye by the Small faces, followed by Fire Brigade by The Move.
Login to get fewer ads

The Sweet. on 17:01 - Dec 6 with 1713 viewsjaykay

The Sweet. on 16:57 - Dec 6 by GlasgowBlue

My mum was romantically involved with the old paedo when they were both singers in the club circuit in the early 60’s before she met my old man.

baby please dont go / gloria them

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The Sweet. on 17:06 - Dec 6 with 1709 viewsLord_Lucan

Ah yes I recall you mentioning this.

If I remember I will in future refer to you as Glasgow Glitter

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Sweet. on 17:19 - Dec 6 with 1692 viewsEwan_Oozami

The Sweet. on 16:45 - Dec 6 by StochesStotasBlewe

Was at a Club 18-30 reunion down in Brighton many moons ago and Gary Glitter was the headline act on the Saturday night. Thousands of pissed up revelers singing their heads off.

T Rextacy are playing the Apex in January if there are any Bolan/glam fans out there, and are excellent.

Have seen T Rextasy previous and they are very good definitely! Funnily enough,they played the Corn Exchange recently the night we were playing in the Swan - they must have finished about 9:30 as some of the audience came into the pub afterwards - we had half expected this so we immediately launched into our T Rex numbers - managed to get a lot of them to stay for the whole evening! Obviously we weren't as good as the real thing, or even the tribute thing! :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The Sweet. on 17:43 - Dec 6 with 1660 viewsGuthrum

Never really bought singles, only albums. But I did see The Sweet a few years ago and they were excellent.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The Sweet. on 17:48 - Dec 6 with 1656 viewsnorth_stand77

The Sweet. on 15:41 - Dec 6 by Colin_Viljoen

Remember seeing them at St Matthews Bath's back in the 70's.

Me too! I loved the concerts at the Baths.

Think it must have been around 1974/75.
Remember them singing Little Willy , the lyrics of which were considered as being a bit rude at the time!!

One of my first singles was Paranoid by Black Sabbath
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 17:51]
The Sweet. on 18:15 - Dec 6 with 1628 viewsblueislander

The Sweet. on 16:47 - Dec 6 by PJH

Not sure if it was my first put certainly one of my early one's was "You Really Got Me".

Three singles for a pound in old money back then.

LP's thirty two shillings and six pence I think.

Yep 6s8d each. Except of course for the cover versions on Embassy sold at Woolies for 4s. I think my fist was either “When” by The Kalin Twins or “Rebel Rouser” by Duane Eddy.
The Sweet. on 18:22 - Dec 6 with 1618 viewsBluespeed225

Oh yes! As an 8 year old it was Glam all the way for me! ‘Hiawatha didn’t bother too much’!! ‘Turn another page on the teenage rampage’,! Chinn and Chapman lyrics?
For the recored, 1st single bought for me, either Ernie by Benny Hill, or Edison Lighthouse, or, Back Home, England 1970. I still have them all!
The Sweet. on 18:27 - Dec 6 with 1613 viewsBLUEBEAT

‘Wot’ by Captain Sensible was the first one I bought with my own pocket money (from
Beccles Woolworths).

However, first record I obtained was UB40’s version of ‘Red Red Wine’, but that came free with a pair of Clarkes school shoes.

Poll: W or W

The Sweet. on 18:46 - Dec 6 with 1599 viewsbritbiker

My first favorite band. Had all their singles and many of Slades as well. Never understood why their songs weren't played more as they are very catchy. Glad Planet Rock have started promoting them.

First single was probably Tiger Feet by Mud
The Sweet. on 18:52 - Dec 6 with 1593 viewsgerryitfc

I saw Gary Glitter at the Gaumont circa 81. I was 15. He got a woman in her early 20's on stage and put a red rose between her teeth and gave her a kiss on the cheek. That poor woman is in her sixties now and must cringe every time she thinks about that.
The Sweet. on 18:54 - Dec 6 with 1589 viewsgerryitfc

My first single was Mud and Tiger Feet
The Sweet. (n/t) on 18:56 - Dec 6 with 1583 viewsMugwump

The Sweet. on 18:46 - Dec 6 by britbiker

My first favorite band. Had all their singles and many of Slades as well. Never understood why their songs weren't played more as they are very catchy. Glad Planet Rock have started promoting them.

First single was probably Tiger Feet by Mud

[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 18:57]
The Sweet. on 19:03 - Dec 6 with 1561 viewsgainsboroughblue

Oliver's army.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The Sweet. on 19:04 - Dec 6 with 1559 viewsgainsboroughblue

The Sweet. on 16:45 - Dec 6 by StochesStotasBlewe

Are they still going?
Saw them at the drum and monkey early 90s.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The Sweet. on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 1551 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

First album.... Bowie, Hunky Dory.
First single......Stranglers, 5 Minutes.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Sweet. on 19:10 - Dec 6 with 1550 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

The Sweet. on 19:04 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

Are they still going?
Saw them at the drum and monkey early 90s.

Club 18-30 or T Rextasy?

The Sweet. on 19:10 - Dec 6 with 1546 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

And he voted Labour !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024