Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sweet. 14:12 - Dec 6 with 2293 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Went along to the Apex last night to see The Sweet, well Andy Scott’s Sweet really, and had a cracking time singing along to the old hits and some other good old rocking album tracks, then it got me thinking, Blockbuster was the first single I bought. Anyone else remember their first record purchase.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The Sweet. on 19:23 - Dec 6 with 413 viewslongtimefan

Really can’t remember my first single but my first album was Heaven 17, Penthouse and Pavement.
The Sweet. on 00:29 - Dec 7 with 374 viewsHong_Kong_Bluey

First single was ITFC 1978 FA Cup song......

I like to say my first "real" single was Elvis Costellos Olivers Army, but actually it was pipped by Gloria Gaynor I Will Survive........

Andys Records....... many an hour spent in there
The Sweet. on 09:51 - Dec 7 with 340 viewsRadlett_blue

The Sweet. on 19:04 - Dec 6 by gainsboroughblue

Are they still going?
Saw them at the drum and monkey early 90s.

I believe T.Rextasy are still going. I saw them at Watford a few years ago & they were good. No pretensions beyond being a tribute band.
I think Steve Priest may still have his version as well as they are the only surviving original members (both in their early 70s).
Some like to keep the brand going. "Dr Feelgood" (whom I saw twice in their heyday) still exist in theory but contain no original members. A tribute band in all but name.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The Sweet. on 10:49 - Dec 7 with 326 viewsLord_Lucan

The Sweet. on 09:51 - Dec 7 by Radlett_blue

I believe T.Rextasy are still going. I saw them at Watford a few years ago & they were good. No pretensions beyond being a tribute band.
I think Steve Priest may still have his version as well as they are the only surviving original members (both in their early 70s).
Some like to keep the brand going. "Dr Feelgood" (whom I saw twice in their heyday) still exist in theory but contain no original members. A tribute band in all but name.

A bit like The Sugarbabes.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Sweet. on 11:26 - Dec 7 with 323 viewsWeWereZombies

The Sweet. on 10:49 - Dec 7 by Lord_Lucan

A bit like The Sugarbabes.

There was a bit in The Guardian many years ago about Sugababes being a modern day equivalent of the Ship of Theseus paradox, push the button and you get Heraclitus...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Sweet. on 11:46 - Dec 7 with 318 viewsLord_Lucan

The Sweet. on 11:26 - Dec 7 by WeWereZombies

There was a bit in The Guardian many years ago about Sugababes being a modern day equivalent of the Ship of Theseus paradox, push the button and you get Heraclitus...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus

I quite liked The Sugarbabes, is that wrong?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The Sweet. on 12:21 - Dec 7 with 315 viewsWeWereZombies

The Sweet. on 11:46 - Dec 7 by Lord_Lucan

I quite liked The Sugarbabes, is that wrong?

Perhaps, but what about Sugababes?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Sweet. on 12:30 - Dec 7 with 314 viewsLord_Lucan

The Sweet. on 12:21 - Dec 7 by WeWereZombies

Perhaps, but what about Sugababes?

And them

Login to get fewer ads

The Sweet. on 13:30 - Dec 7 with 302 viewsGaryCooper

With my own paper round money it was Squeeze Cool for Cats pink vinyl, probably a top of the pops dolly bird L.P prior to that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024