Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn IRA 23:06 - Dec 6 with 9065 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Corbyn IRA on 16:07 - Dec 7 with 1287 viewsmanchego

Corbyn IRA on 15:58 - Dec 7 by bluejacko

Sorry you are wrong it would take a seismic shift in attitude for that to happen. Exactly what type of people do you envisage taking part in this violence?

Exactly the same people who were engaged in it before.

It's not all rainbows and drum circles over there you know.
Corbyn IRA on 16:10 - Dec 7 with 1284 viewsbluejacko

Corbyn IRA on 16:03 - Dec 7 by noggin

Do you know anything about Northern Ireland?

As a matter of fact I do! I have family there and I will be joining that community in the summer.
Have you ever been over there then? If you have I am sure you will agree it is a lovely little country and the people are very friendly indeed.
There will always be some who are inclined to violence but believe it or not there are movements over there that would not allow such violence to occur again.
Corbyn IRA on 16:22 - Dec 7 with 1270 viewsnoggin

Corbyn IRA on 16:10 - Dec 7 by bluejacko

As a matter of fact I do! I have family there and I will be joining that community in the summer.
Have you ever been over there then? If you have I am sure you will agree it is a lovely little country and the people are very friendly indeed.
There will always be some who are inclined to violence but believe it or not there are movements over there that would not allow such violence to occur again.

I was born there. Parts of Belfast and Derry are still tinderboxes and it wouldn’t take much to ignite things. There might never be trouble on the same scale as the 70s or 80s, but there are people who would happily take up arms.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn IRA on 16:28 - Dec 7 with 1252 viewshampstead_blue

Corbyn IRA on 13:01 - Dec 7 by HARRY10

You rightwingers do share a constant need to misrepresent and make up stuff.

Refuting your lies about Corbyn does not make someone a Corbyn 'supporter' anymore than pointing out Man Utf do not play at Anfield makes someone a Man Utd supporter.

Lies about Corbyn?
I've quoted a serious book and the former head of MI6.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Corbyn IRA on 16:34 - Dec 7 with 1251 viewsbluejacko

Corbyn IRA on 16:22 - Dec 7 by noggin

I was born there. Parts of Belfast and Derry are still tinderboxes and it wouldn’t take much to ignite things. There might never be trouble on the same scale as the 70s or 80s, but there are people who would happily take up arms.

You are right there are places that I would not go but is that not the case in many major cities of the UK?
But again you can walk the walls of Londonderry and venture into the bog side and still come out in one piece. The falls road is a tourist destination although the Ardoyne I wouldn’t recommend.
Still we will have to wait and see won’t we.
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:38 - Dec 7 with 1241 viewsBluedandy

Corbyn IRA on 16:02 - Dec 7 by jontysnut

The Queen shook hands with Martin Mcguinness. Clearly a short step from wearing a balaclava and buying records by the Wolfe Tones. She should be removed at once.

Corbyn IRA on 17:30 - Dec 7 with 1206 viewseireblue

Corbyn IRA on 16:28 - Dec 7 by hampstead_blue

Lies about Corbyn?

Just so we are clear, is this the same head of MI6, that produced the dodgy dossier?

Is it this Dearlove mentioned in Chilcot report?

"...personal intervention [by Dearlove] and its urgency gave added weight to a report that had not been properly evaluated and would have coloured the perception of ministers and senior officials"

Is it the same Dearlove that one UK ex-diplomat was referencing when he said:

“There is something very wrong indeed with the UK security services, which are most certainly not a force for freedom or justice. That MI6 can be headed by as extreme a figure as Dearlove, underlines the threat that the security services pose to any progressive movement in politics.”

Is that who your appeal to authority is based on?

Hmmm, I can see why he wouldn’t like Corbyn.
Corbyn IRA on 17:45 - Dec 7 with 1195 viewsHARRY10

Corbyn IRA on 16:28 - Dec 7 by hampstead_blue

Lies about Corbyn?

I can find 'evidence' that climate change is not man made, the Holocaust never happened and man never landed on the moon.......if that was my intent.

The latter being the flaw in your argument.
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn IRA on 17:45 - Dec 7 with 1195 viewsChurchman

Corbyn IRA on 07:51 - Dec 7 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

No, I suspect quite a few people agree with you and HB, including me for reasons I’ve posted previously and won’t repeat. But sadly, if you post any opinion against JC and co you tend to get hammered on here so I suspect a lot of people just don’t bother.
Corbyn IRA on 17:47 - Dec 7 with 1190 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn IRA on 17:45 - Dec 7 by Churchman

No, I suspect quite a few people agree with you and HB, including me for reasons I’ve posted previously and won’t repeat. But sadly, if you post any opinion against JC and co you tend to get hammered on here so I suspect a lot of people just don’t bother.

Why would you get hammered for a reasonable opinion on Corbyn?

It's the ridiculous ones that get hammered. And quite right too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn IRA on 17:58 - Dec 7 with 1179 viewsChurchman

Corbyn IRA on 17:47 - Dec 7 by Darth_Koont

Why would you get hammered for a reasonable opinion on Corbyn?

It's the ridiculous ones that get hammered. And quite right too.

That depends on the definition of ‘reasonable’ and ‘ridiculous’. As ever, my view is that everyone is entitled to an opinion without getting abuse. It makes for good discussion.
Corbyn IRA on 18:05 - Dec 7 with 1171 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn IRA on 17:58 - Dec 7 by Churchman

That depends on the definition of ‘reasonable’ and ‘ridiculous’. As ever, my view is that everyone is entitled to an opinion without getting abuse. It makes for good discussion.

And everyone is entitled to be hammered for a sh!t opinion. That makes for an even better discussion.

If people are just going to spout nonsense unchallenged then what's the point of anything?

Corbyn IRA on 18:09 - Dec 7 with 1163 viewsWD19

Corbyn IRA on 17:30 - Dec 7 by eireblue

Just so we are clear, is this the same head of MI6, that produced the dodgy dossier?

Is it this Dearlove mentioned in Chilcot report?

"...personal intervention [by Dearlove] and its urgency gave added weight to a report that had not been properly evaluated and would have coloured the perception of ministers and senior officials"

Is it the same Dearlove that one UK ex-diplomat was referencing when he said:

“There is something very wrong indeed with the UK security services, which are most certainly not a force for freedom or justice. That MI6 can be headed by as extreme a figure as Dearlove, underlines the threat that the security services pose to any progressive movement in politics.”

Is that who your appeal to authority is based on?

Hmmm, I can see why he wouldn’t like Corbyn.

Would this be the same, entirely impartial, ex diplomat who also says:

“So who do we vote for? The Tories are stuck around 42%. That means tactical voting is essential to knock them back. You need to look very, very carefully at who can beat them in your own constituency“

Asking for a friend.
Corbyn IRA on 18:11 - Dec 7 with 1159 viewsChurchman

Corbyn IRA on 18:05 - Dec 7 by Darth_Koont

And everyone is entitled to be hammered for a sh!t opinion. That makes for an even better discussion.

If people are just going to spout nonsense unchallenged then what's the point of anything?

Challenging is all part of the fun, as is disagreement but abuse and intolerance is not in my view. We see enough of that with and by politicians.
Corbyn IRA on 18:12 - Dec 7 with 1159 viewsHARRY10

Corbyn IRA on 17:58 - Dec 7 by Churchman

I doubt anyone on here believes that people are not entitled to an opinion, or allowed to express it.

However it has to be wondered why some continue to peddle the same ill informed rubbish when it has been proven to be flawed....time after time.

It can be argued that religion is a force for good (or not) but trying to claim a god existe because you believe it does is not an valid argument - nor is quoting from a book which offers nothing else but the same level of believe ie the suspension of reasoned thought.

As on that basis you might just as well hold that Jack and the beanstalk being true is a valid opinion.
Corbyn IRA on 18:18 - Dec 7 with 1152 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn IRA on 18:11 - Dec 7 by Churchman

Challenging is all part of the fun, as is disagreement but abuse and intolerance is not in my view. We see enough of that with and by politicians.

Even the ones who keep spouting the same nonsense because they're absolutely NOT interested in a discussion?

I fail to see the difference between them and trolls. In practical terms, they're the same.

Corbyn IRA on 18:19 - Dec 7 with 1150 viewsBlueNomad

I give you this about a man who has won international peace prizes. Meanwhile this government sells arms to the Saudis who rain death down on Yemenis and pass weapons to Middle Eastern terror groups (inc ISIS)

https://www.facebook.com/185180654855189/posts/2908988089141085/?d=n
[Post edited 7 Dec 2019 18:22]
Corbyn IRA on 18:37 - Dec 7 with 1131 viewseireblue

Corbyn IRA on 18:09 - Dec 7 by WD19

Would this be the same, entirely impartial, ex diplomat who also says:

“So who do we vote for? The Tories are stuck around 42%. That means tactical voting is essential to knock them back. You need to look very, very carefully at who can beat them in your own constituency“

Asking for a friend.

Your friend should know that it could indeed be the same ex-diplomat.

And hopefully that friend doesn’t engage in appeals to authority.

I doubt the ex-diplomat is impartial, as I also doubt a certain head of ex-MI6 is.
Corbyn IRA on 19:08 - Dec 7 with 1108 viewshampstead_blue

Corbyn IRA on 17:45 - Dec 7 by HARRY10

I can find 'evidence' that climate change is not man made, the Holocaust never happened and man never landed on the moon.......if that was my intent.

The latter being the flaw in your argument.

Head in the sand.

There have been other recent articles stating Corbyn is a clear and present danger.
I'd respect C over anyone here. You do not become C if you are a lunatic.

Hear the truth. Read the book i stated. Wipe your eyes.

Im simply pointing to very good references. Iay extrapolate, but that's from experience of two tours of NI and working in that space.

Keep hammering. You may at some point want to read the truth and realise JC.amad his team propey stink.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Corbyn IRA on 20:02 - Dec 7 with 1089 viewseireblue

Corbyn IRA on 19:08 - Dec 7 by hampstead_blue

Head in the sand.

There have been other recent articles stating Corbyn is a clear and present danger.
I'd respect C over anyone here. You do not become C if you are a lunatic.

Hear the truth. Read the book i stated. Wipe your eyes.

Im simply pointing to very good references. Iay extrapolate, but that's from experience of two tours of NI and working in that space.

Keep hammering. You may at some point want to read the truth and realise JC.amad his team propey stink.

C whose actions resulted in the UK entering a war, under-prepared, and based on lies that he believed, and didn’t verify appropriately.

That was a conclusion, somewhat reworded, of the Chilcot inquiry. Maybe you should read it.

But, yes, based on your powers of logic and extrapolation, I can see why you would trust him.

In your posts you seem to be making an implicit assumption that other people on this forum would not have similar or other relevant experience.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:53 - Dec 8 with 964 viewsBluedandy

The Queen shook hands with Martin Mcguinness. Clearly a short step from wearing a balaclava and buying records by the Wolfe Tones. She should be removed at once.

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:17 - Jan 28 with 751 viewsBluedandy

Corbyn IRA on 22:24 - Jan 28 with 733 viewsnoggin

Seems an impartial source.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Corbyn IRA on 22:28 - Jan 28 with 721 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn IRA on 22:24 - Jan 28 by noggin

WTF is wrong with these people?

Corbyn IRA on 22:34 - Jan 28 with 696 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corbyn IRA on 22:24 - Jan 28 by noggin

One assumes it will rename itself once the leadership contest is over.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024