Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? 08:34 - Dec 7 with 2723 viewsWeWereZombies

Not just because we have bigger resources than everyone apart from Sunderland (when i discuss this with my Sunderland supporting mate should I venture that they are the Third Division's Newcastle?) but because this comment from Pep may also hint at what has happened with the support on relegation:

'I learnt about Manchester City's history and in the bad, bad moments, the support was almost higher or louder than, for example, now.'

This is from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50693901

The analogy breaks down in the next paragraph though when United's trophy cabinet is compared with City's and the rivals have a somewhat fuller cabinet, sorry Nodge but you are more like East Anglia's Salford City...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:35 - Dec 7 with 2704 viewsJ2BLUE

Mate, that analogy never got going...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:42 - Dec 7 with 2681 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:35 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

Do you mean that both clubs have somewhat unsavoury owners?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:42 - Dec 7 with 2679 viewsartsbossbeard

Can we still be holding our own in the championship, please?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:46 - Dec 7 with 2663 viewsWeWereZombies

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:35 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

There's nothing like a vote of no confidence from the forum's Piers Morgan to brighten up my morning...

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 09:03 - Dec 7 with 2621 viewsBlueBadger

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:42 - Dec 7 by artsbossbeard

Nononononono, things are much better now we're drawing at home with Blackpool and getting excited about playing in the second round of the FA cup.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 09:42 - Dec 7 with 2546 viewstiptreeblue

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:42 - Dec 7 by artsbossbeard

Not the Premier league then?
Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 10:09 - Dec 7 with 2484 viewsfactual_blue

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 09:03 - Dec 7 by BlueBadger

Nononononono, things are much better now we're drawing at home with Blackpool and getting excited about playing in the second round of the FA cup.

I was at the game against Blackpool, which is why we drew. I haven't seen Town win since Mr McCarthy left.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 14:18 - Dec 7 with 2276 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 08:46 - Dec 7 by WeWereZombies

There's nothing like a vote of no confidence from the forum's Piers Morgan to brighten up my morning...

Piers Morgan? You can just call me a c*** you know.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 17:33 - Dec 7 with 2110 viewsWeWereZombies

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 14:18 - Dec 7 by J2BLUE

Piers Morgan? You can just call me a c*** you know.

I didn't mean it but you rattle my cage and I'll rattle yours...

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 17:39 - Dec 7 with 2086 viewsJ2BLUE

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 17:33 - Dec 7 by WeWereZombies

I didn't mean it but you rattle my cage and I'll rattle yours...

Truly impaired.

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 23:40 - Dec 7 with 1963 viewsActionMan

No.

We're Ipswich Town. We're sh7t at the moment, we've been sh7t for almost 20 years but that's who we are.

We're nothing like nor have we ever been like Manchester City. Even when they were in the third division they bought players better than the league, they sacked their manager mid way through because they were not performing, had the best attendance of any team outside the Premier league and had only been out of the top flight 2 seasons after more or less being consistently up there for decades. We've spent 5 seasons in the top flight in 35 years, been relegated 3 times in that period from two different divisions achieving, aside from Burley seasons, absolutely f all in serious football terms. At the moment we're not even Brighton, let alone Man City.
How are we sh!t at the moment? (n/t) on 23:45 - Dec 7 with 1957 viewsunstableblue

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 23:40 - Dec 7 by ActionMan

No.

We're Ipswich Town. We're sh7t at the moment, we've been sh7t for almost 20 years but that's who we are.

We're nothing like nor have we ever been like Manchester City. Even when they were in the third division they bought players better than the league, they sacked their manager mid way through because they were not performing, had the best attendance of any team outside the Premier league and had only been out of the top flight 2 seasons after more or less being consistently up there for decades. We've spent 5 seasons in the top flight in 35 years, been relegated 3 times in that period from two different divisions achieving, aside from Burley seasons, absolutely f all in serious football terms. At the moment we're not even Brighton, let alone Man City.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

How are we sh!t at the moment? (n/t) on 05:42 - Dec 8 with 1893 viewsBlue_Moses

How are we sh!t at the moment? (n/t) on 23:45 - Dec 7 by unstableblue

One win in seven I think
Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 07:25 - Dec 8 with 1847 viewsWeWereZombies

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 23:40 - Dec 7 by ActionMan

No.

C'mon, we had our glory years. And back then the two best strips in English football were their away 'anarchist' red and black stripes and our Adidas. Plus they had Oasis and we have Ed Sheeran...

OK, you and J2 are right.

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 09:40 - Dec 8 with 1771 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 09:45 - Dec 8 with 1760 viewsHerbivore

Ipswich are the Third Division's Man City? on 10:09 - Dec 7 by factual_blue

I was at the game against Blackpool, which is why we drew. I haven't seen Town win since Mr McCarthy left.

We've only won about 5 home games since Mick left so unless you're a ST holder, odds are against you having seen a home win since he left.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

How are we sh!t at the moment? (n/t) on 10:41 - Dec 8 with 1714 viewsSuperblue95

How are we sh!t at the moment? (n/t) on 23:45 - Dec 7 by unstableblue

Well we are on for our lowest league finish since before most of us were born so it’s clearly not great. I think until we start competing at the right end of the championship again it’s not an outlandish claim to describe us as a bit sh1t.

With a bit of luck though, and some decent signings, the momentum from this season (if we get promoted of course) might help us achieve that but it looks a tall order at the moment.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024