Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October 17:24 - Dec 7 with 1078 viewsLankHenners

Those 3 draws in a row now. Think the rotation is catching up with us already - side never settled so when teams really come at us or put themselves about well we become too disjointed. A shame today as sounded like we should have had that wrapped up by HT but struggled with a strong 2nd half from Coventry and were fortunate to come away with a point (have to give them credit for changing at HT and are clearly a decent side but we shouldn't have let the 2nd half happen as it did).

Line ups just chucked together from game to game is likely to lead to games like this as the quality of players could turn out a good performance but struggle to make it last. Doubt Lambert will change that though so have to hope a run of league games coming up will help us get some consistency back.

Not all negative as we're still top 2 but last couple of months were a great opportunity to put a gap between us and 3rd but we haven't capitalised on it and if we're not careful we're going to make this more difficult for ourselves than we need to. As above, we've been disrupted somewhat by several cup matches which makes it a bit difficult to build momentum but we didn't need to swap out so many players during that run so our 'first teamers' (if anyone is in this side) didn't have such a stop/start schedule.

We've gone from average-to-good performances with good results to average performances with average results, and changing a formation plus around 3, 4 or so personnel changes a game isn't helping.

At this rate come the end of the season we'll be dealing with fatigue better than recent years but still no style/patterns of play or much confidence that we know what we're doing.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 17:25 - Dec 7 with 1063 viewsBloomBlue

But come the end of the season if we're still top two who cares.
W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 17:35 - Dec 7 with 1039 viewsLankHenners

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 17:25 - Dec 7 by BloomBlue

But come the end of the season if we're still top two who cares.

People who recognise this isn't really sustainable enough to do anything other than struggle in the Championship next season.

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 17:50 - Dec 7 with 985 viewsBloomBlue

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 17:35 - Dec 7 by LankHenners

People who recognise this isn't really sustainable enough to do anything other than struggle in the Championship next season.

Again I disagree, Charlton had their problems in this league last season and while they aren't smashing the champ they are arent doing too badly
W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 17:51 - Dec 7 with 979 viewspointofblue

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 17:50 - Dec 7 by BloomBlue

Again I disagree, Charlton had their problems in this league last season and while they aren't smashing the champ they are arent doing too badly

Charlton started brilliantly but have had so many injuries it's affected their form. Will be interesting to see whether they can regain momentum when players come back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 18:06 - Dec 7 with 935 viewsLankHenners

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 17:50 - Dec 7 by BloomBlue

Who gives a w@nk about Charlton? We’re talking about Town. This isn’t about a run of average results, it’s more that it’s not unreasonable to have expected a sense of building towards competing in the league above. At the minute it’s all a bit random with the reliance on having better players which won’t wash in the Championship and we’ll be in the same situation we were in last season again.

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 18:17 - Dec 7 with 911 viewsBlueForYou

League One is a heck of a long season. We havent even reached halfway yet, but we're in second & a sniff off being first. We havent really played that well yet. But I'd have taken 6th at Christmas & a kick on from there, at the start. Lambert is having a good look at the squad, giving them all a chance before the January transfer window. The one thing we need to improve upon in my opinion is GOALS! But we havent fooked up big time yet, have we had that many devastastating injuries? Its about being in the right position with 12 games left & then its business time. Plenty of time yet.
W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 18:35 - Dec 7 with 872 viewsLankHenners

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 18:17 - Dec 7 by BlueForYou

League One is a heck of a long season. We havent even reached halfway yet, but we're in second & a sniff off being first. We havent really played that well yet. But I'd have taken 6th at Christmas & a kick on from there, at the start. Lambert is having a good look at the squad, giving them all a chance before the January transfer window. The one thing we need to improve upon in my opinion is GOALS! But we havent fooked up big time yet, have we had that many devastastating injuries? Its about being in the right position with 12 games left & then its business time. Plenty of time yet.

If Lambert hasn’t worked out what to do with the squad by now then it’s a concern. And to be honest it’s exactly that concern which is the problem.

People keep saying ‘we haven’t played that well yet’ as if it’s only a matter of time before we start wiping the floor with teams. What if this is as good as it gets?

Not being overly negative as we’re in a very good position but this is a sh1te league with sh1te teams where we should have the quality to be where we are. There’s not much to shout about beyond that.

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 05:10 - Dec 8 with 701 viewsBlue_Moses

W3, D3, L2 from 8 league games since start of October on 18:35 - Dec 7 by LankHenners

If Lambert hasn’t worked out what to do with the squad by now then it’s a concern. And to be honest it’s exactly that concern which is the problem.

People keep saying ‘we haven’t played that well yet’ as if it’s only a matter of time before we start wiping the floor with teams. What if this is as good as it gets?

Not being overly negative as we’re in a very good position but this is a sh1te league with sh1te teams where we should have the quality to be where we are. There’s not much to shout about beyond that.

Been saying it for the last month, this rotation business is masking that he doesn't know his best eleven (IMO)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024