Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got home 19:52 - Dec 7 with 1338 viewsBobbychase

Should have been out of sight at half time, played some lovely stuff. Best Ive seen us pass the ball since I don't know when.

Second half we let them build up a head of steam. They are a good side and very strong at home so it was unreasonable perhaps to expect us to boss the game from start to finish but the way some of our midfielders disappeared was frustrating.

Pluses: Keane was unplayable in the first half, Dozzell looked as good as he can and Downes and Woolfenden...you can see why we will be lucky to hold onto them if we don't go up.

Our midfielders HAVE to start making better choices in the final third (Edwards overcooked his cross in the first half when a more measured ball would have given Judge a tap-in) and maybe shoot once in a while. Judge, Nolan and Edwards in particular were known for scoring long-range screamers before they came to us. People get fixated on the strikers when we don't kill off games but the midfield needs to weigh in with some goals soon.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Just got home on 20:02 - Dec 7 with 1256 viewsGarv

Didn't go but watching the highlights posted below I make you right about making better choices and composure. The Edwards cross to Judge looked like the kind of chance that gets scored week in week out by other teams, but I don't think we often do. You can see his stride is wrong when about to cross it and makes a mess of it. That should have gone in.

Did we have many openings or chances other than that we should have scored? We have struggled to create chances recently so it's an improvement in that sense by all accounts but goals are at a premium at the moment. Need Norwood in that team.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Just got home on 20:13 - Dec 7 with 1205 viewsBluefish

Just got home on 20:02 - Dec 7 by Garv

Didn't go but watching the highlights posted below I make you right about making better choices and composure. The Edwards cross to Judge looked like the kind of chance that gets scored week in week out by other teams, but I don't think we often do. You can see his stride is wrong when about to cross it and makes a mess of it. That should have gone in.

Did we have many openings or chances other than that we should have scored? We have struggled to create chances recently so it's an improvement in that sense by all accounts but goals are at a premium at the moment. Need Norwood in that team.

Can't think of many shots on target

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just got home on 20:42 - Dec 7 with 1103 viewsBobbychase

Just got home on 20:02 - Dec 7 by Garv

Even in the second half we had a couple of chances, notably the Skuse cross to Keane at the far post which he didn't manage to connect with.

Not on the highlights was a very early header which Nolan managed to glance wide from just in front of goal.

Always needed a second as Cov are strong at home.

Edwards frustrates me. Last year's top scorer let's not forget, did very well in an awful season.

Just got home on 20:43 - Dec 7 with 1094 viewsBobbychase

Just got home on 20:13 - Dec 7 by Bluefish

Two I think.

Not enough shots at all, most of our best chances were headers.

Needs more strikes from the edge of the box.

Just got home on 22:12 - Dec 7 with 918 viewsGarv

Just got home on 20:42 - Dec 7 by Bobbychase

Even in the second half we had a couple of chances, notably the Skuse cross to Keane at the far post which he didn't manage to connect with.

Not on the highlights was a very early header which Nolan managed to glance wide from just in front of goal.

Always needed a second as Cov are strong at home.

Edwards frustrates me. Last year's top scorer let's not forget, did very well in an awful season.

Yep. No idea what's happened to him.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Just got home on 00:10 - Dec 8 with 757 viewsGuthrum

Just got home on 20:13 - Dec 7 by Bluefish

Plus three occasions when we put a ball across the mouth of goal and one of our players hurled themselves at it, only failing to make contact by a whisker.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024