Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City fans 23:35 - Dec 7 with 2994 viewsHARRY10

Clip of them abusing Fred

watch the cretin in red shirt - 18 secs

Man City fans on 23:41 - Dec 7 with 2753 viewsjeera

Filth.

Utter filth.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Man City fans on 00:01 - Dec 8 with 2713 viewsGarv

Look forward to the statement about a 'small minority' of fans that disrupted the game, because of course when it's a minority it's fine.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Man City fans on 00:07 - Dec 8 with 2702 viewsHARRY10

Man City fans on 00:01 - Dec 8 by Garv

Look forward to the statement about a 'small minority' of fans that disrupted the game, because of course when it's a minority it's fine.

I expect a few of those will be reliant upon MOTD for for their football fix for the foreseeable, and good riddance.
Man City fans on 01:00 - Dec 8 with 2639 viewsfactual_blue

I've always thought Citeh fans to be quite objectionable; far more so than United fans.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Man City fans on 01:07 - Dec 8 with 2631 viewsGarv

Man City fans on 01:00 - Dec 8 by factual_blue

I've always thought Citeh fans to be quite objectionable; far more so than United fans.

I'm not sure how you can say that. I doubt it would be too hard to find a clip of united fans being just as scummy. It's a human problem, not a football problem.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Man City fans on 02:14 - Dec 8 with 2605 viewsgainsboroughblue

Shouldn't be too difficult to identify, ban and charge the prat in the red top.

I remember the days of Barnes, Blissett, Regis, Crooks etc getting dogs abuse from crowds.

I thought those days had gone for good but these braindead idiots seem to think its clever and funny to basically copy cat those on the continent who abuse players who represent their nation.

As has been said, utter filth.

Thank God we don't see this at PR.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Man City fans on 05:06 - Dec 8 with 2556 viewsBlue_Moses

Man City fans on 02:14 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

I remember the days of Barnes, Blissett, Regis, Crooks etc getting dogs abuse from crowds.

I thought those days had gone for good but these braindead idiots seem to think its clever and funny to basically copy cat those on the continent who abuse players who represent their nation.

Did you really think that though? I can't remember the last week when there hasn't been a football related racism story in the news
Man City fans on 06:09 - Dec 8 with 2525 viewsgainsboroughblue

Man City fans on 05:06 - Dec 8 by Blue_Moses

Did you really think that though? I can't remember the last week when there hasn't been a football related racism story in the news

I didn't mean just today, I'm talking about what's been developing and intensifying over recent months/possibly years compared to the last couple of decades or so.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Man City fans on 07:29 - Dec 8 with 2474 viewsbluelagos

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/07/manchester-city-investigate-all

Small point, but why do the press call it alleged racist chanting? Clear as day he was making monkey chants.

He will quite possibly lose his job too, such is the influence of social media.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 7:41]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Man City fans on 07:48 - Dec 8 with 2440 viewspete81

Man City fans on 07:29 - Dec 8 by bluelagos

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/07/manchester-city-investigate-all

Small point, but why do the press call it alleged racist chanting? Clear as day he was making monkey chants.

What exactly was the point in the stewards even being in the crowd? stand, watch and do nothing??
Man City fans on 07:52 - Dec 8 with 2430 viewsMullet

In fairness I've seen nothing but apologies and embarrassment from the Citeh fans I know. The local Mancs on the train last night were fairly united in condemning the bloke not the club.

Seems it's those M6 corridor fans that are dining out on it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Man City fans on 08:20 - Dec 8 with 2352 viewsSwansea_Blue

Man City fans on 00:07 - Dec 8 by HARRY10

I expect a few of those will be reliant upon MOTD for for their football fix for the foreseeable, and good riddance.

I’d like to think so, but this type of moronic behaviour is pretty common. There’ll be plenty ready to step into their shoes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Man City fans on 09:48 - Dec 8 with 2221 viewsfactual_blue

Man City fans on 07:48 - Dec 8 by pete81

What exactly was the point in the stewards even being in the crowd? stand, watch and do nothing??

Make sure they get the offender's seat number without inflaming the situation?

Man City fans on 09:52 - Dec 8 with 2219 viewsStokieBlue

Man City fans on 07:29 - Dec 8 by bluelagos

Disgraceful stuff.

On your point of the press using "alleged" I think it's literally just to cover themselves against legal challenges. They can claim they didn't take a position.

You're obviously right that is clear as day.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Man City fans on 10:12 - Dec 8 with 2157 viewsWeWereZombies

Man City fans on 09:48 - Dec 8 by factual_blue

Make sure they get the offender's seat number without inflaming the situation?

Because when a player is being verbally abused and having things thrown at him as he is about to take a corner the 'situation' is not inflamed at all, is it?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Man City fans on 11:18 - Dec 8 with 2049 viewsEastTownBlue

Man City fans on 09:52 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

Disgraceful stuff.

On your point of the press using "alleged" I think it's literally just to cover themselves against legal challenges. They can claim they didn't take a position.

You're obviously right that is clear as day.

SB

As he has now been arrested the word "alleged" will now be the correct term to use.
Man City fans on 11:23 - Dec 8 with 2036 viewsfactual_blue

Man City fans on 10:12 - Dec 8 by WeWereZombies

Because when a player is being verbally abused and having things thrown at him as he is about to take a corner the 'situation' is not inflamed at all, is it?

What would you expect him to do?

I imagine the stewards are in radio contact with the crowd control centre, who probably said 'we've captured the image. We'll take it from here'.

A different response if a player had been injured, which would have been to get the alleged offender arrested.

I don't think stewards are expected to wade in.

Man City fans on 11:40 - Dec 8 with 1999 viewsWeWereZombies

Man City fans on 11:23 - Dec 8 by factual_blue

What would you expect him to do?

I imagine the stewards are in radio contact with the crowd control centre, who probably said 'we've captured the image. We'll take it from here'.

A different response if a player had been injured, which would have been to get the alleged offender arrested.

I don't think stewards are expected to wade in.

The referee was already talking to David Silva, perhaps he should have stopped the game until order was restored. Perhaps the referee had already had radio contact about things and was trying to keep the game going but should have been urged by the control centre to take the players off the pitch until arrests had been made. It is a seeming privilege that we can be pitch side almost within touching distance of players but we could lose that again if the players feel at threat.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Man City fans on 12:23 - Dec 8 with 1930 viewsbaltimore_suey

Abuse at a soccer match!!
Man City fans on 14:17 - Dec 8 with 1828 viewsPendejo

Man City fans on 01:00 - Dec 8 by factual_blue

I agree with you.

Having lived in Manchester from 96 to to 2000, I developed dislike of Citeh fans over and above the football rivalry.

United fans were enjoying success with fresh memories of Ralph Milne and many other underperformed, whilst Citeh fans seemed to think they should be Champions of the world as they'd filled their stadium in 3rd tier of English football.

That's before you get to the numpties that used attack scarf wearing fans after the games.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Man City fans on 15:54 - Dec 8 with 1750 viewsjeera

Gary has a theory:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/dec/08/gary-neville-criticises-pm-after-f

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Man City fans on 18:07 - Dec 8 with 1668 viewsMullet

I've been waiting to post anything more as this bloke has had one hell of a Sunday. Outed almost immediately on social media everywhere, his employers have issued a statement, he's been arrested, insisted he has nothing to worry about or hide.

Then racist posts supposedly from years ago about Muslims at school were shared. Followed by insistence he's not aggressive, has half-asian and coloured family members, then threats made in response to threats he's received towards his family.

The MEN have now put the story up naming and shaming him. He's received a small amount of support unsurprisingly from people concerned he's been tried by media. Seems like his life will be in tatters after the trial regardless of what verdicts and sentences are handed down.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-arreste

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Man City fans on 19:53 - Dec 8 with 1593 viewsHARRY10

Man City fans on 18:07 - Dec 8 by Mullet

I've been waiting to post anything more as this bloke has had one hell of a Sunday. Outed almost immediately on social media everywhere, his employers have issued a statement, he's been arrested, insisted he has nothing to worry about or hide.

Then racist posts supposedly from years ago about Muslims at school were shared. Followed by insistence he's not aggressive, has half-asian and coloured family members, then threats made in response to threats he's received towards his family.

The MEN have now put the story up naming and shaming him. He's received a small amount of support unsurprisingly from people concerned he's been tried by media. Seems like his life will be in tatters after the trial regardless of what verdicts and sentences are handed down.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-arreste

It's hardly 'trial by media'.more a case of being judged by what has been shown.

Behaving like he did when he is in the front row for 'all the world' to see is bound to get a hostile reaction. And however contrite he is, very few will want to stick their head up and try to add some perspective to this.

Everyone will want to be seen to express the right reaction and he will suffer the consequences. And his actions were no more reprehensible because they were seen on live tv then were they to be in some back street pub.

However I thnk that football in general should not try to play the part of outraged maiden aunt. People's emotoons do run high, booze is sold at grounds and the hype does affect a fairb number of fans.

So maybe we should stop the 'hysteria' around this incident and move on. Yes his actions are not acceptable at a football ground or in any place in society and he should forfeit the right to attend matches as clearly he cannot control himself and is either not aware, or doesn't care, about the offence he caused.

But let's just ban him, give him some community service to do when Man City are playing and all move on and recognise that you cannot legislate for the stupidity of one individual, but you can welcome the decency of ten of thousands of others who were at the game.
Man City fans on 20:09 - Dec 8 with 1562 viewsvapour_trail

Man City fans on 02:14 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

Indeed.

This behaviour is sponsored by our government and endorsed by anybody who votes for them this week.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 21:26]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Man City fans on 21:55 - Dec 8 with 1484 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I will never understand how you can be a grown man and get that wound up and behave like 90% of those fans in this clip. I love a bit of football atmosphere but Getting that angry and hurling threats and insults to a bloke just because he plays for another club is just a bit embarrassing.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024