Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only on Those Were the Days would.... 00:05 - Dec 8 with 3413 viewsunstableblue

.. the following be being turned into a 'crisis':

1. Second in the table 18 games in, 4 points from the top with a game in hand, having been in demise for 4 seasons and well placed to do 'a Sunderland'
2. Unbeaten in six
3. Drawn last three against form teams in league
4. Long term injured players have been effectively rehabilitated via squad rotation, including Keane, Huws, and Dozzell - probably some of our best players
5. Key emerging youth players are getting a real chance in El Mizouni, Dobra, Przybek
6. Our lead striker Norwood has had a groin operation, recovered, and is ready post suspension
7. Our two best young players Downes and The Wolf are playing beyond expectations
8. Today we have just put in a masterclass passing performance - albeit for only 45mins - but showing what this team and system are capable of. Building on numerous other passages of really positive play

Yes I get that it is frustrating we didn't put in THAT performance today, I get that. And to be honest I was so f@cked off after the inept and hopeless performance against Rotherham. But we just haven't followed up that horror show with another sh!t display.

Get some perspective; criticise when deserved, not because you have some pre-conceived ideas.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 00:49 - Dec 8 with 3356 viewsBlueBadger

We're not in crisis. What we are is Celtic/Rangers strolling to a high league finish, only to be found out when we encounter competent opposition in Europe/the Championship the following season.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 10:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 00:58 - Dec 8 with 3332 viewsIllinoisblue

nobody with an ounce of intelligence is calling it a crisis.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 02:40 - Dec 8 with 3307 viewspointofblue

I’m probably was as negative as I could be after the final whistle but even then I can’t recall referring to our situation as a crisis.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 09:18 - Dec 8 with 3174 viewsLankHenners

As above, no-one’s calling it a crisis. Your list is just things that have happened, with some of them questionable or twisting them into extreme positives.

There’s some very odd behaviour on here - broadly speaking the same people who were intent on making everything a negative in the past under a certain previous manager are using the same lack of nuance and only seeing what they want to see to turn everything into a positive and ignore the rather glaring problems we have now.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 09:23 - Dec 8 with 3159 viewsHerbivore

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 09:18 - Dec 8 by LankHenners

As above, no-one’s calling it a crisis. Your list is just things that have happened, with some of them questionable or twisting them into extreme positives.

There’s some very odd behaviour on here - broadly speaking the same people who were intent on making everything a negative in the past under a certain previous manager are using the same lack of nuance and only seeing what they want to see to turn everything into a positive and ignore the rather glaring problems we have now.

This.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 10:08 - Dec 8 with 3107 viewsbazgammon

its not a crisis, its underachieving in a poor league.

Poll: Lambert

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 10:31 - Dec 8 with 3072 viewsDyland

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 09:18 - Dec 8 by LankHenners

I agree with Lankers AND Stablers.

Such is the duality of the football thing.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 10:32 - Dec 8 with 3067 viewsWickets

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 10:08 - Dec 8 by bazgammon

Or in a Promotion spot in the league we are in !
Login to get fewer ads

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 10:40 - Dec 8 with 3052 viewsGuthrum

Are we underachieving?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 10:42 - Dec 8 with 3051 viewsElephantintheRoom

Assuming this is not a wind up, I think your list would do credit to a Tory spin doctor. The truth of the matter is that Town are more or less where they were expected to be at this stage of the season (2-1 favourites for promotion pre-season)... and not playing overly well against abover average teams with an ever-changing rotation policy that doesn't seem to be having a positive effect on the team or results. So we are more or less where we expected to be (or were expected to be). Accrington are the polar opposite of where they were expected to be. It'sTown being shown up to be a pretty ordinary team in a very ordinary division that is presumably getting the excitable amongst us somewhat depressed.

The real positives from this season are perhaps that Town are progressing in the joke cup competition that nobody tries in - and some on here are salivating a the prospect of Wembley.... and the genuine surprise of an FA Cup win (albeit again whilst not exactly trying).

Amongst your many exagerrated points I think that 5 and 7 are perhaps most 'enhanced'. Downsey and Wolfy are perhaps at least a year behind where they should be given their lack of opportunity before this year - and most of the others have largely only had joke opportunities outside of league games.

But crisis? No - the tories winning the election is a crisis.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 11:01 - Dec 8 with 3019 viewsWallingford_Boy

Mate, come on....

This league is so, so poor and we now have one win in eight.

It's not a crisis, but it's simply not good enough.

RIP Sir Bobby

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 11:14 - Dec 8 with 3003 viewsGuthrum

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 11:01 - Dec 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Mate, come on....

I think people are rather overestimating how good we are. Yes, we have some decent quality players (for this level), but the squad is not particularly well balanced.

It's not like we brought a sparkling Championship setup down to League One, all fully fit, brimming with confidence and good form.

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 13:06 - Dec 8 with 2938 viewsghostofescobar

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 11:14 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

I think people are rather overestimating how good we are. Yes, we have some decent quality players (for this level), but the squad is not particularly well balanced.

It's not like we brought a sparkling Championship setup down to League One, all fully fit, brimming with confidence and good form.

Spot on. Just think what a complete shambles the squad was last season. To go from that to 2nd (albeitL1) is pretty decent I reckon. I thought we’d be mid table this season, kick in the one after. And people still seem to forget we aren’t spending loads of money.

GhostOfEscobar

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 15:01 - Dec 8 with 2865 viewsbaltimore_suey

It’s not a crisis but Ipswich are in their lowest division for a long time and have had their good run so now it doesn’t look so good
Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 18:40 - Dec 8 with 2722 viewsGuthrum

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 15:01 - Dec 8 by baltimore_suey

It’s not a crisis but Ipswich are in their lowest division for a long time and have had their good run so now it doesn’t look so good

I believe we're allowed more than one good run per season.

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 18:43 - Dec 8 with 2716 viewsPJH

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 18:40 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

Hope so because if we keep drawing games for much longer we will be back in the pack.

Somehow we need to score more than one goal in a game and if and when we do we will in all probability be winning games again.
Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 22:42 - Dec 8 with 2644 viewsbaltimore_suey

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 18:40 - Dec 8 by Guthrum

I hope so, but it doesn’t usually work that way
Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 22:48 - Dec 8 with 2617 viewsMrTown

I don’t think anyway has suggested in any way, shape or form we are even remotely close to a crisis.

We are doing well, whilst being far from perfect. I think that’s the reality of it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 22:55 - Dec 8 with 2578 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 11:01 - Dec 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Mate, come on....

But we haven't.

If you are talking this league, we have won 3 in 8.

You can't count cup matches when bemoaning how poor we are in the league regardless of the fact we are playing the youth team for them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Only on Those Were the Days would.... on 23:00 - Dec 8 with 2556 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If only we could keep up with Sunderland.

Such a shame we couldn't bridge the gap to Rotherham who were so much better than us last season.

We have been so lucky to be ahead of Peterborough. I expect their chairman's complaint to the EFL will see us docked points.

Coventry, Portsmouth, Grimsby all found it so easy to bounce straight back too. How could we possibly not already have the title wrapped up?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024