Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday 16:05 - Dec 8 with 966 viewslmfcblue

Did yesterday 1st half prove to everyone that it’s not the end of the world not to play 2 strikers? Build the play up get the midfielders into the box to support control the midfield have plenty of movement etc etc can make us more dynamic
Yesterday on 16:06 - Dec 8 with 958 viewsBobbychase

I think it's like a stuck record in some peoples' heads.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Yesterday on 16:37 - Dec 8 with 891 viewsSteve_M

No, of course it won't have done.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Yesterday on 16:51 - Dec 8 with 861 viewsMrTown

I would suggest most of the best teams in the world right now are playing with 1 central striker, but it’s what’s around them and the support that makes it work, and in the first half we got it spot on.

Keane was the vocal point with some lovely hold up play and deft touches, but the dynamism and fluidity of what was around him (Judge/Nolan/Dozzell/Edwards) was what really made it work so well and effective.

Was a really impressive display first half, especially for League 1 football.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Yesterday on 18:03 - Dec 8 with 811 viewsDennyx4

Think it depends on who we play as the 1 striker.

I am not a fan of Jackson playing that role, just doesn't work when we try it with him. Jackson plays very well in a 2 up top. Think Lambert got it right with putting Jackson on the bench with the formation we started with.
Yesterday on 18:11 - Dec 8 with 798 viewsghostofescobar

All my troubles seemed so far away...........

GhostOfEscobar

Yesterday on 18:20 - Dec 8 with 786 viewsMullet

Yesterday on 18:03 - Dec 8 by Dennyx4

Think it depends on who we play as the 1 striker.

I am not a fan of Jackson playing that role, just doesn't work when we try it with him. Jackson plays very well in a 2 up top. Think Lambert got it right with putting Jackson on the bench with the formation we started with.

I actually think Jackson should have been out wide instead of Edwards, because of how Donacien plays as much as anything.

Judge knows Garbutt will get up there and overlap. Edwards seemed happy to run into space, but his cross selection and lack of shots is something that needs work. His best stuff at Posh he was happy to speculate, and when we've done that Jackson and Norwood have had rebounds to score from.

With Keane dropping deep and players running on, the best spells meant that sometimes we had Coventry piling into the box with our players and forcing a save or a set piece would have made us much more effective, as per the goal/one off the post etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Yesterday on 18:24 - Dec 8 with 778 viewsbackwaywhen

Only if you take the chances you create, unfortunately we did not , and never do .
Yesterday on 18:33 - Dec 8 with 757 viewsDennyx4

Yesterday on 18:20 - Dec 8 by Mullet

I actually think Jackson should have been out wide instead of Edwards, because of how Donacien plays as much as anything.

Judge knows Garbutt will get up there and overlap. Edwards seemed happy to run into space, but his cross selection and lack of shots is something that needs work. His best stuff at Posh he was happy to speculate, and when we've done that Jackson and Norwood have had rebounds to score from.

With Keane dropping deep and players running on, the best spells meant that sometimes we had Coventry piling into the box with our players and forcing a save or a set piece would have made us much more effective, as per the goal/one off the post etc.

Not sure our wide options are particularly great.

I haven't seen enough of Jackson playing out wide to know whether that would work. What I have noticed though is that he really doesn't look comfortable on his left foot.

Thought Keane played the one up front role really well, and is improving week on week.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday on 18:37 - Dec 8 with 738 viewsMullet

Yesterday on 18:33 - Dec 8 by Dennyx4

Not sure our wide options are particularly great.

I haven't seen enough of Jackson playing out wide to know whether that would work. What I have noticed though is that he really doesn't look comfortable on his left foot.

Thought Keane played the one up front role really well, and is improving week on week.

It'd be much like Sears for a lot of people I think. Both look great when they don't have time to think and just have enough time and space to let fly with something. I don't think Jackson has the technique or smarts Freddie has shown yet, but he'd get way more chances down here.

Keane was exactly what I'd been saying he'd be yesterday. If the others joined him and Judge in anticipating Andre more frequently we'd have been absolutely deadly. He reminds me of McGoldrick in the way in which he is happy to demand the ball and sacrifice his own route to goal knowing he'll get a chance later in a move or the next one.

Yesterday on 18:38 - Dec 8 with 728 viewsPJH

Yesterday on 18:24 - Dec 8 by backwaywhen

Only if you take the chances you create, unfortunately we did not , and never do .

Yes, we need to be scoring more than one goal a game whatever system we decide to play.
Yesterday on 18:41 - Dec 8 with 723 viewsDennyx4

Yesterday on 18:37 - Dec 8 by Mullet

It'd be much like Sears for a lot of people I think. Both look great when they don't have time to think and just have enough time and space to let fly with something. I don't think Jackson has the technique or smarts Freddie has shown yet, but he'd get way more chances down here.

Keane was exactly what I'd been saying he'd be yesterday. If the others joined him and Judge in anticipating Andre more frequently we'd have been absolutely deadly. He reminds me of McGoldrick in the way in which he is happy to demand the ball and sacrifice his own route to goal knowing he'll get a chance later in a move or the next one.

I actually like Sears wide in a 433 or 4231.

I knew others say he is a forward, but I actually think he is better wide.I am hoping he comes back and has a fantastic 2nd half of the season.
Yesterday on 19:10 - Dec 8 with 693 viewsMullet

Yesterday on 18:41 - Dec 8 by Dennyx4

I actually like Sears wide in a 433 or 4231.

I knew others say he is a forward, but I actually think he is better wide.I am hoping he comes back and has a fantastic 2nd half of the season.

Just him or Lankester would have made this season more tolerable and performances more exciting.

Yesterday I was desperate for Dobra or El Mizouni to come on for Dozzell once we went to the diamond. He was too far up to really pull apart their lines, and it was only when people ran directly at and in behind their defence we looked like troubling them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024