Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Cauldwell's warning to JM 08:08 - Dec 9 with 2741 viewshampstead_blue

Very clear.

He stated;
He has seen the manifesto and simply does not believe it.
He wouldn't start his business under this current Labour team.
He is thinking of leaving the country.
Many, many others in his wealth bracket are seriously thinking and probably will, leave.
He finds the rhetoric toward billionaires from Labour to be just wrong

JM, you may notice, starts to laugh when he's in a hole. He spent a lot of time laughing.

There we have it.

A significant % (13% I think)of JM's income tax revenue is planning on coming from the ultra rich. We've had clear warnings from one of them that they are seriously planning on leaving.

What then?

What can fill that hole?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:12 - Dec 9 with 1586 viewsartsbossbeard

I can't get shot of the tory-bots on my social media and now, it seems, TWTD too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:13 - Dec 9 with 1585 viewsitfcjoe

If they want to leave, let them leave.

The tax rates and takes are hardly punitive compared to other similar sized and population countries.

If people want to live in a tax haven there is little you can do to do stop them, but if they did most already would do so - living here clearly has it's benefits or they'd have already gone.

Also, leaving the EU is going to be the bigger issues for businesses relocating anyway

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:14 - Dec 9 with 1578 viewsHerbivore

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:13 - Dec 9 by itfcjoe

The tax rates and takes are hardly punitive compared to other similar sized and population countries.

If people want to live in a tax haven there is little you can do to do stop them, but if they did most already would do so - living here clearly has it's benefits or they'd have already gone.

Also, leaving the EU is going to be the bigger issues for businesses relocating anyway

This.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:22 - Dec 9 with 1560 viewsStokieBlue

You really need to stop this, it's just ranty nonsense.

There are legitimate holes in the Labour manifesto costings but everyone paying a bit more tax isn't one of them. I'm sure we can afford a little more to help the hive.

If you want to pick holes you could focus on the 20bn defecit between tax income increase and day to day spending or the fact that nationalisation will cost far more than costed as the companies have moved their holding entities to countries that we have agreements with that prevent below market rate purchase of assets in illiquid instruments.

Those are legitimate points which are worthy of debate, your posts are classist nonsense without much evidence and with transparent anti-Labour agendas.

As others have pointed out, if you're truly worried about the economy then looking any further than the impact of Brexit is foolish and only one party is pushing ahead with that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:23 - Dec 9 with 1555 viewsGlasgowBlue

Remainers: “Brexit is causing businesses to leave the UK, costing the economy £billions and massive job losses”.

Also Labour voting remainers when businesses threaten to leave the UK, costing the economy £billions and massive job losses because of Labour’s manifesto commitments: “fcuk ‘em. If they leave they leave”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:38 - Dec 9 with 1513 viewsHerbivore

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:23 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

Remainers: “Brexit is causing businesses to leave the UK, costing the economy £billions and massive job losses”.

Also Labour voting remainers when businesses threaten to leave the UK, costing the economy £billions and massive job losses because of Labour’s manifesto commitments: “fcuk ‘em. If they leave they leave”.

Yes, a few businesspeople threatening to take their ball home if they have to pay a bit more tax is definitely the same as the entire business community expressing concerns about loss of just in time supply lines and more barriers, costs and friction for any business that trades with the EU post-Brexit. Don't jump on the false equivalence train, Glassers, it has one destination and that destination is idiocy.

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:06 - Dec 9 with 1429 viewsSwansea_Blue

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:12 - Dec 9 by artsbossbeard

I can't get shot of the tory-bots on my social media and now, it seems, TWTD too.

Verging on spamming at this rate

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:18 - Dec 9 with 1370 viewsHerbivore

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:06 - Dec 9 by Swansea_Blue

Verging on spamming at this rate

Yep. Multiple threads a day all designed to discredit Labour, most of them inaccurate. At this point it's hard to think that Hampstead isn't some sort of troll/bot. Yesterday he claimed Corbyn wants to exterminate the Jews.

Login to get fewer ads

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:29 - Dec 9 with 1347 viewsGlasgowBlue

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:38 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

Yes, a few businesspeople threatening to take their ball home if they have to pay a bit more tax is definitely the same as the entire business community expressing concerns about loss of just in time supply lines and more barriers, costs and friction for any business that trades with the EU post-Brexit. Don't jump on the false equivalence train, Glassers, it has one destination and that destination is idiocy.

I don’t think it’s so much certain individual business people moaning about paying more tax. I think it’s more to do with the seizure of private companies, regressive corporation tax rates at a time when we ep need to be attracting more investment into the country etc.

My point was more to do with when people pick and chose to listen to big buieness to suit their argument. Then again I guess I can be every bit as guilty of that.

I have nothing but contempt for individuals who threaten to leave the country if the income tax rate rises. Although I disagree with the policy, if that is the rate set by the government of the day then they should pay it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:39 - Dec 9 with 1323 viewseireblue

Engage your brain.

He has donated money to Tory candidates. He is electioneering just as you are.

He was from a working class background in Birmingham, where else would he have started a business? A tax haven in Monaco?

This is what Caudwell said when he wasn’t campaigning.

“‘I know there’s more imminent, there’s always more imminent. But that means I’m making a bob or two, so that’s okay,’ he says, adding that ‘a patriotic love of Britain’ means he would not consider becoming a tax exile. Caudwell believes tax avoiders should be ‘named and shamed’ and consumers should boycott serial offenders.

‘Britain absolutely needs my tax money and it needs everybody’s tax money, and if I use my power and ability to minimise my tax bill everybody else has to pay more.’

The father-of-five fears that Britain faces a period of ‘social unrest’ if wealthy individuals and multinational businesses continue to dodge taxes.

‘The poor are going to get poorer, and the rich are going to get richer and I do have a fear that it’s going to cause social unrest in the future,’ he says. ‘And I don’t want social unrest in my country; the country that I’m very proud of.’”
John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:39 - Dec 9 with 1322 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is all balls really isn't it? There are countries with much higher rates of taxation that have more billionaires than us (e.g. Canada and Germany just to give a couple of quick examples).

Obviously people who earn billions don't get to that point without being highly aggressive around how much they need to give away, so there's bound to be a lot of bleating about it backed by coordinated, well-funded campaigns by low tax lobbying groups masquerading as think tanks.

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:39 - Dec 9 with 1318 viewsBluefish

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:14 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

This.

But I thought they were paying for rest of us all to have free stuff?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:40 - Dec 9 with 1309 viewsbrazil1982

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:18 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

Yep. Multiple threads a day all designed to discredit Labour, most of them inaccurate. At this point it's hard to think that Hampstead isn't some sort of troll/bot. Yesterday he claimed Corbyn wants to exterminate the Jews.

...but you're quite happy for anti-Tory, anti-Johnson threads to pop up?
John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 10:04 - Dec 9 with 1272 viewsHerbivore

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:39 - Dec 9 by eireblue

Engage your brain.

He has donated money to Tory candidates. He is electioneering just as you are.

He was from a working class background in Birmingham, where else would he have started a business? A tax haven in Monaco?

This is what Caudwell said when he wasn’t campaigning.

“‘I know there’s more imminent, there’s always more imminent. But that means I’m making a bob or two, so that’s okay,’ he says, adding that ‘a patriotic love of Britain’ means he would not consider becoming a tax exile. Caudwell believes tax avoiders should be ‘named and shamed’ and consumers should boycott serial offenders.

‘Britain absolutely needs my tax money and it needs everybody’s tax money, and if I use my power and ability to minimise my tax bill everybody else has to pay more.’

The father-of-five fears that Britain faces a period of ‘social unrest’ if wealthy individuals and multinational businesses continue to dodge taxes.

‘The poor are going to get poorer, and the rich are going to get richer and I do have a fear that it’s going to cause social unrest in the future,’ he says. ‘And I don’t want social unrest in my country; the country that I’m very proud of.’”

Well, this is awkward.

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 10:06 - Dec 9 with 1259 viewsHerbivore

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:40 - Dec 9 by brazil1982

...but you're quite happy for anti-Tory, anti-Johnson threads to pop up?

*Facepalm*

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 10:15 - Dec 9 with 1236 viewsBluefish

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 10:06 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

*Facepalm*

My timeline is full of cultists sharing hourly posts, very few of them fact checked and many of them quite nasty. I ignore them but it makes me laugh when they also moan about it from the other side. The main 2 parties are just left and right extremists now, both have lost a grip on reality and self awareness. If they weren't so invested they would be embarrassed by their behaviour and would also probably vote lib dem

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 10:25 - Dec 9 with 1205 viewsSwansea_Blue

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 10:15 - Dec 9 by Bluefish

My timeline is full of cultists sharing hourly posts, very few of them fact checked and many of them quite nasty. I ignore them but it makes me laugh when they also moan about it from the other side. The main 2 parties are just left and right extremists now, both have lost a grip on reality and self awareness. If they weren't so invested they would be embarrassed by their behaviour and would also probably vote lib dem

A lot of truth in that. People are getting very polarised and non-critical.

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:27 - Dec 9 with 1154 viewsitfcjoe

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:23 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

There is a massive difference between a self inflicted wound that worsens conditions with no real upside, opposed to trying to raise the tax take to improve public services.

If people don't want to pay their fair share let them go, if people want to move to better market conditions because ours are worsened by ourselves can you blame them?

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:29 - Dec 9 with 1153 viewsitfcjoe

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 09:29 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

I don’t think it’s so much certain individual business people moaning about paying more tax. I think it’s more to do with the seizure of private companies, regressive corporation tax rates at a time when we ep need to be attracting more investment into the country etc.

My point was more to do with when people pick and chose to listen to big buieness to suit their argument. Then again I guess I can be every bit as guilty of that.

I have nothing but contempt for individuals who threaten to leave the country if the income tax rate rises. Although I disagree with the policy, if that is the rate set by the government of the day then they should pay it.

We'v spent the last 9 years trying to attract business and investment and all it has done is increase inequality

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:38 - Dec 9 with 1135 viewshampstead_blue

That is correct.
The problem is, which is the bub of my post, tgst if more and more leave there will be an ever growing hole in tax revenue. Who is going to pay that?

Also, he states that he would not start a business under labour.

You have one of our most successful and open entrepreneurs making those statements. It is very important that Labour and the voters take heed.

JC and JM will reduce us to rubble.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:39 - Dec 9 with 1129 viewsitfcjoe

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:38 - Dec 9 by hampstead_blue

That is correct.
The problem is, which is the bub of my post, tgst if more and more leave there will be an ever growing hole in tax revenue. Who is going to pay that?

Also, he states that he would not start a business under labour.

You have one of our most successful and open entrepreneurs making those statements. It is very important that Labour and the voters take heed.

JC and JM will reduce us to rubble.

Of course he would start a business, if he is an entrepreneur then he will start it - if you have a great idea and think it will make you money you can't sit there and wait 5 years for a new Govt

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:39 - Dec 9 with 1128 viewshampstead_blue

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:22 - Dec 9 by StokieBlue

You really need to stop this, it's just ranty nonsense.

There are legitimate holes in the Labour manifesto costings but everyone paying a bit more tax isn't one of them. I'm sure we can afford a little more to help the hive.

If you want to pick holes you could focus on the 20bn defecit between tax income increase and day to day spending or the fact that nationalisation will cost far more than costed as the companies have moved their holding entities to countries that we have agreements with that prevent below market rate purchase of assets in illiquid instruments.

Those are legitimate points which are worthy of debate, your posts are classist nonsense without much evidence and with transparent anti-Labour agendas.

As others have pointed out, if you're truly worried about the economy then looking any further than the impact of Brexit is foolish and only one party is pushing ahead with that.

SB

Classiest?
We are a working class family who want to succeed

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:40 - Dec 9 with 1124 viewsjeera

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/anti-boris-johnson-film-filmed-3621679

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:48 - Dec 9 with 1108 viewsActionMan

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 08:12 - Dec 9 by artsbossbeard

Are you 9?
John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:50 - Dec 9 with 1096 viewsartsbossbeard

John Cauldwell's warning to JM on 11:48 - Dec 9 by ActionMan

Are you 9?

would you prefer it if I was?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024