Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely 17:15 - Dec 9 with 2881 viewsGaryCooper

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/07/frankie-boyle-election-countdow
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:22 - Dec 9 with 2332 viewsnoggin

This bit...

"Essentially, Brexit has proved impossible to deliver: turns out it’s tricky for English voters to take back control of their borders when one of them is in someone else’s country."

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:25 - Dec 9 with 2295 viewsGlasgowBlue

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:22 - Dec 9 by noggin

This bit...

"Essentially, Brexit has proved impossible to deliver: turns out it’s tricky for English voters to take back control of their borders when one of them is in someone else’s country."

Aren't ll borders shared with another country? That's why they are borders.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:29 - Dec 9 with 2290 viewsActionMan

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:22 - Dec 9 by noggin

This bit...

Imagine if an English comedian made fun of Scots voters for voting for the SNP and not Labour and complaining they then have a Tory Government.... Looks like stupid is equally a thing in Scotland.
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:30 - Dec 9 with 2282 viewsnoggin

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:29 - Dec 9 by ActionMan

Imagine if an English comedian made fun of Scots voters for voting for the SNP and not Labour and complaining they then have a Tory Government.... Looks like stupid is equally a thing in Scotland.

Huh?

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:34 - Dec 9 with 2265 viewsClapham_Junction

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:25 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

I don't believe England shares a border with the Republic of Ireland.
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:36 - Dec 9 with 2244 viewsGlasgowBlue

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:34 - Dec 9 by Clapham_Junction

Neither does Wales or Scotland. The United Kingdom does though.

You are also forgetting the borders in territorial waters between England and the ROI.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 17:40]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:51 - Dec 9 with 2193 viewsnoggin

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:34 - Dec 9 by Clapham_Junction

It's England that wants brexit, not Northern Ireland. I think that's the point.

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:55 - Dec 9 with 2167 viewsJakeITFC

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:25 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

‘In’ as opposed to ‘next to’ being the key part there.
Login to get fewer ads

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:01 - Dec 9 with 2141 viewssparks

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:51 - Dec 9 by noggin

All part of GB at the moment... Which is the point.

Its a bad argument Boyle has made there Im afraid. Cheap.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:08 - Dec 9 with 2109 viewsJakeITFC

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:01 - Dec 9 by sparks

It’s a joke, designed to be a cheap (as per the rest of the article) surely?
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:11 - Dec 9 with 2100 viewssparks

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:08 - Dec 9 by JakeITFC

It’s a joke, designed to be a cheap (as per the rest of the article) surely?

I dont think that was the intent. As evidenced by people suggesting its a good point!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:15 - Dec 9 with 2081 viewsJakeITFC

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:11 - Dec 9 by sparks

I dont think that was the intent. As evidenced by people suggesting its a good point!

I don’t know - the little Englander attitude of Brexit being blind to wider issues out of their control and the legacy of empire mocked quite well from where I’m sitting.
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:28 - Dec 9 with 2060 viewsHerbivore

Boring, negative, and as sharp as a beach ball. That's my review of your posting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:29 - Dec 9 with 2055 viewsHerbivore

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 18:01 - Dec 9 by sparks

Northern Ireland isn't part of GB.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 20:42 - Dec 9 with 1946 viewswkj

Indeed, if only we, I mean they, could have a Brexit of their own regarding the UK, everyone would win!

Edit: You would have been better of saying how unfunny Boyle is when hes not on Mock the Week and that'd have been fine and appropriate.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 20:50]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 20:48 - Dec 9 with 1934 viewsSwansea_Blue

What could possibly go wrong with the English imposing their views on the island of Ireland? I’m sure it’ll all be fine

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 20:51 - Dec 9 with 1929 viewssparks

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 20:48 - Dec 9 by Swansea_Blue

What could possibly go wrong with the English imposing their views on the island of Ireland? I’m sure it’ll all be fine

What does it have to do with the English imposing their views? There appears to still be a fundamental misunderstanding among many (not necessarily those to whom I am replying) about NI.

There would appear still to be a majority in NI who are proudly british and wish to be part of the United Kingdom in preference to being part of Ireland. This idea that we are an occupying force, or imposing will on people is not very accurate.

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 20:58 - Dec 9 with 1906 viewsJakeITFC

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 20:51 - Dec 9 by sparks

What does it have to do with the English imposing their views? There appears to still be a fundamental misunderstanding among many (not necessarily those to whom I am replying) about NI.

There would appear still to be a majority in NI who are proudly british and wish to be part of the United Kingdom in preference to being part of Ireland. This idea that we are an occupying force, or imposing will on people is not very accurate.

It’s not much of a stretch to say that Brexit is being imposed on the whole British isles due to the wishes of mostly English voters, which is where most of this satire comes from.

The slight humour found in such patriots having a lack of understanding of how this would have a huge effect on the union is worth laughing at I’d say.
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 21:01 - Dec 9 with 1886 viewseireblue

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/poll-northern-ireland-v

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/northern-ireland-united-ireland-poll
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 21:12 - Dec 9 with 1855 viewsFtnfwest

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 17:51 - Dec 9 by noggin

We’re now down to splitting off the bits of the UK that voted to remain in order to win a referendum then? Bit like Nodge winning the second half.
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 21:14 - Dec 9 with 1841 viewsHARRY10

"There would appear still to be a majority in NI who are proudly british and wish to be part of the United Kingdom in preference to being part of Ireland. This idea that we are an occupying force, or imposing will on people is not very accurate. "

or

The current breakdown in religious terms is Protestants 48%, Catholics 45%. That does not tell us what their view is on remaining in the UK, your words are just emotive guff.

As NI voted in favout of remaining in the EU would it not be accurate to state that someone else will be imposing their will upon them if they are forced out of the DEU ?
Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 21:50 - Dec 9 with 1775 viewssparks

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 20:58 - Dec 9 by JakeITFC

It’s not much of a stretch to say that Brexit is being imposed on the whole British isles due to the wishes of mostly English voters, which is where most of this satire comes from.

The slight humour found in such patriots having a lack of understanding of how this would have a huge effect on the union is worth laughing at I’d say.

Well- equally, taxes are being imposed on the folks of chelsea, by the unwashed hordes elsewhere. Thats what a democratic country is. All of it votes.

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 21:53 - Dec 9 with 1770 viewssparks

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 21:14 - Dec 9 by HARRY10

"There would appear still to be a majority in NI who are proudly british and wish to be part of the United Kingdom in preference to being part of Ireland. This idea that we are an occupying force, or imposing will on people is not very accurate. "

or

The current breakdown in religious terms is Protestants 48%, Catholics 45%. That does not tell us what their view is on remaining in the UK, your words are just emotive guff.

As NI voted in favout of remaining in the EU would it not be accurate to state that someone else will be imposing their will upon them if they are forced out of the DEU ?

Thats ridiculous- and disingenuously conflating 2 issues.

The majority of protestants are unionists and vice versa. That may be changing, but there is no sound reason to think that the overall balance has changed from what has been the position for many many years.

The vote share in the last general election also clearly shows votes for unionist parties exceeding those for republican ones.

NI is part of the UK. The UK is a nation. It is the uk vote which counts. Thats how it works...

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 22:03 - Dec 9 with 1738 viewsnoggin

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 21:53 - Dec 9 by sparks

Thats ridiculous- and disingenuously conflating 2 issues.

The majority of protestants are unionists and vice versa. That may be changing, but there is no sound reason to think that the overall balance has changed from what has been the position for many many years.

The vote share in the last general election also clearly shows votes for unionist parties exceeding those for republican ones.

NI is part of the UK. The UK is a nation. It is the uk vote which counts. Thats how it works...

How did all those protestants end up in Ireland?

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 22:10 - Dec 9 with 1704 viewssparks

Frankie Boyle sums it up nicely on 22:03 - Dec 9 by noggin

How did all those protestants end up in Ireland?

You might as well ask how all these anglo saxons ended up in England.

Whatever we think of the history, the position now is quite clear, and patently misunderstood by many people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024