Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out 18:10 - Dec 9 with 3255 viewsitfcjoe

Daniel Taylor in The Athletic

https://theathletic.co.uk/1439174/2019/12/09/daryl-murphy-was-secretly-banned-fo

[Edit] Removed copy and pasted text and added link, to avoid potential hassle [/edit]

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 22:41 - Dec 9 with 677 viewsActionMan

Explains why he did not get signed though. Puts it to bed really.
Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 22:48 - Dec 9 with 675 viewspointofblue

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 22:07 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

No worse than alcohol, and a fairly similar effect.

That is a fair argument but do we need to legalise further narcotics which will cause more problems than they solve, simply because there are difficulties in managing the illegal dealing? As I said, cannabis I can appreciate due to the medicinal qualities even those I know those in law enforcement who have serious doubts about legalising it.

I also have doubts whether legalising drugs will solve the problems - I imagine dealers will look to undermine the official product by undercutting it using dangerous additions for a cheaper quality good.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 23:22 - Dec 9 with 621 viewsBlueBadger

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 22:07 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

No worse than alcohol, and a fairly similar effect.

...if you ignore actual pharmaceutical science.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 23:25 - Dec 9 with 635 viewsBrixtonBlue

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 22:48 - Dec 9 by pointofblue

That is a fair argument but do we need to legalise further narcotics which will cause more problems than they solve, simply because there are difficulties in managing the illegal dealing? As I said, cannabis I can appreciate due to the medicinal qualities even those I know those in law enforcement who have serious doubts about legalising it.

I also have doubts whether legalising drugs will solve the problems - I imagine dealers will look to undermine the official product by undercutting it using dangerous additions for a cheaper quality good.

A reasonable conclusion.

I think we have to look to other countries that have legalised certain drugs. And look to the facts of what they do. I appreciate some will go for the cheaper product, but that's like saying people will go for hooky booze. Not a massive problem, really, is it?

Legalse it, make it safe, and tax it. IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 08:47 - Dec 10 with 545 viewsVaughan8

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 18:20 - Dec 9 by JakeITFC

Considering it has nothing to do with football, seems like a fairly harsh penalty to me.

Didn't that Adrian Mutu get about 6-9 months for taking some sort of recreational drug years ago. Cant really remember what it was now (without looking it up) but 6 weeks does seem lenient.
Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 08:51 - Dec 10 with 533 viewsSaleAway

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 08:47 - Dec 10 by Vaughan8

Didn't that Adrian Mutu get about 6-9 months for taking some sort of recreational drug years ago. Cant really remember what it was now (without looking it up) but 6 weeks does seem lenient.

Dan Evans, uk tennis player got 12 months ban for cocaine use....

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 09:04 - Dec 10 with 506 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 18:39 - Dec 9 by Mullet

Following the positive reaction to recent news about Jason Dozzell, it'd be a bit hypocritical to hammer Murphy too much. Although obviously the fact he is still an active player and it would indicate he's not taking his fitness seriously means it should be an internal issue.

We know with Keogh and the Derby lads, players are too valuable to suffer the same fate as you or I if caught, but I do think some sort of medical/counselling intervention at their expense might be a good course of action for pros.

Jason Dozzell has clearly had some very great struggles in his life. Daryl Murphy admits he took it on a night out with the lads. It isnt hypocritical at all to hammer him and not Jason.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 09:05 - Dec 10 with 503 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 23:25 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

A reasonable conclusion.

I think we have to look to other countries that have legalised certain drugs. And look to the facts of what they do. I appreciate some will go for the cheaper product, but that's like saying people will go for hooky booze. Not a massive problem, really, is it?

Legalse it, make it safe, and tax it. IMO.

This is a very bad opinion.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Login to get fewer ads

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 09:08 - Dec 10 with 503 viewsJakeITFC

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 08:47 - Dec 10 by Vaughan8

I think back then there was a minimum 6-month ban imposed by FIFA (pre-WADA anti-doping sign-up for football).

Now there is no minimum for a first offence if it is not a performance enhancing drug.
Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 13:33 - Dec 10 with 444 viewsSuperfrans

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 19:16 - Dec 9 by BrixtonBlue

Seems bizarre for a player of his age and experience, not to mention ANY professional footballer doing that given the high profile cases of people like Bosnich. You'd understand it more of a young idiot with too much cash, an older pro like Murphy just seems crazy.

My thinking exactly.

Given the circles footballers generally find themselves in (alongside highly paid, emotionally immature, young men, with too much spare time on their hands) it seems more than a little odd that a pro footballer would take coke for the first time at the age of 36. Just v odd. Almost unbelievable.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 13:56 - Dec 10 with 428 viewsBrixtonBlue

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 23:22 - Dec 9 by BlueBadger

...if you ignore actual pharmaceutical science.

What I've read suggests what I posted, but it might be out of date. Maybe you could enlighten us as to why cocaine is worse than alcohol?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 14:01 - Dec 10 with 421 viewsBrixtonBlue

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 09:05 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

This is a very bad opinion.

It's been explained to you lots of times, and by lots of people, why you're wrong. But you refuse to listen. It's pretty clear your approach of keeping things as they are isn't working.

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 14:07 - Dec 10 with 417 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 14:01 - Dec 10 by BrixtonBlue

It's been explained to you lots of times, and by lots of people, why you're wrong. But you refuse to listen. It's pretty clear your approach of keeping things as they are isn't working.

I dont want things to stay as they are, I want people to stop buying and using illegal drugs & for them to be prosecuted properly by the law when they do it.
But please, tell us all more about this "safe" cocaine you mentioned earlier.

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 14:10 - Dec 10 with 411 viewsBrixtonBlue

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 14:07 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

I dont want things to stay as they are, I want people to stop buying and using illegal drugs & for them to be prosecuted properly by the law when they do it.
But please, tell us all more about this "safe" cocaine you mentioned earlier.

Telling people to stop buying and using illegal drugs is clearly not going to work.
They ARE prosecuted properly by the law when they do it.

Where did I mention "safe" cocaine?

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 14:17 - Dec 10 with 399 viewschicoazul

Daryl Murphy was secretly banned for taking cocaine on night out on 14:10 - Dec 10 by BrixtonBlue

Telling people to stop buying and using illegal drugs is clearly not going to work.
They ARE prosecuted properly by the law when they do it.

Where did I mention "safe" cocaine?

Firstly, incorrect; https://www.christian.org.uk/news/police-force-turn-blind-eye-drug-dealers/

Secondly, you seem to think that the effects of cocaine is more or less the same as alcohol and you talk about "make it safe" earlier. What did you mean by that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024