Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you 22:59 - Dec 9 with 2360 viewsHerbivore

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/09/ipso-rebukes-mail-on-sunday-over-l

Interesting bit in there about a former military intelligence officer being involved in spreading malicious smears. Sounds familiar.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 23:15]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:40 - Dec 10 with 644 viewsjeera

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:24 - Dec 10 by Steve_M

That David Yelland - who published "Are we being run by a gay mafia?" in the 90s - and Stig Abell are two of the more perceptive media critics despite senior editorial roles at The Sun is in itself very telling.

I've stood at the bar of a pub and asked a [night duty] editor of a major rag if he actually believes their agenda and word for word he replied, "It's a fair question".

Having met one of his closest colleagues since I can say they are both left-leaning Guardian reading thoughtful types.

It really is just a wage to them. Although it could be [fairly] argued shame on them for taking the position they know to be false in return for dollar.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 10:53]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:49 - Dec 10 with 633 viewsActionMan

And so are Labour.
Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:52 - Dec 10 with 626 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:49 - Dec 10 by ActionMan

And so are Labour.

Ooh, so edgy. Can you provide a link to the Labour supporting papers that Ipso have found to have lied and where those lies have then been used by Labour in their campaign material? I'd be interested to see it.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:57 - Dec 10 with 620 viewsActionMan

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:52 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Ooh, so edgy. Can you provide a link to the Labour supporting papers that Ipso have found to have lied and where those lies have then been used by Labour in their campaign material? I'd be interested to see it.

What about when you bombed all those Iraqi children to stop Iraq using weapons of mass destruction? Weapons you made up.

Sad bully boy aren't you.
Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 11:00 - Dec 10 with 611 viewsjeera

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:57 - Dec 10 by ActionMan

What about when you bombed all those Iraqi children to stop Iraq using weapons of mass destruction? Weapons you made up.

"You".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 11:03 - Dec 10 with 607 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:57 - Dec 10 by ActionMan

I bombed Iraqi children? That's libellous.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 11:13 - Dec 10 with 599 viewsbluelagos

I read your thread headline, and wondered if a daily reminder is really required :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 11:15 - Dec 10 with 596 viewsSteve_M

Can you remind me of the Tory position at the time? Instead of raising valid questions IDS was trying to outflank Blair by being even more pro-American.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 16:09 - Dec 10 with 554 viewsSwansea_Blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:49 - Dec 10 by ActionMan

And so are Labour.

Shame you didn't hang around long enough to see this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50726500

"for Labour, it said that it could not find any misleading claims in ads run over the period"

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 16:13 - Dec 10 with 549 viewsDanTheMan

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 16:09 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

"for Labour, it said that it could not find any misleading claims in ads run over the period"

But political advertising is regulated outside of the ASA. And the electoral law that applies "doesn't require claims in political campaigns to be truthful or factually accurate,"

Absolutely incredible. Higher standards for adverts about fast food delivery than we do our democracy.

Fooking joke.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 16:19]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 16:15 - Dec 10 with 547 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 16:09 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

This bit is staggering:

"But political advertising is regulated outside of the ASA. And the electoral law that applies "doesn't require claims in political campaigns to be truthful or factually accurate," according to the House of Commons library."

No wonder we're screwed when our own laws essentially sanction politicians to lie to the electorate to win votes.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 18:35 - Dec 10 with 521 viewsSwansea_Blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 16:15 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

This bit is staggering:

"But political advertising is regulated outside of the ASA. And the electoral law that applies "doesn't require claims in political campaigns to be truthful or factually accurate," according to the House of Commons library."

No wonder we're screwed when our own laws essentially sanction politicians to lie to the electorate to win votes.

(Reply to Dan The Man too)

Nuts innit.

Do you ever stop to wonder whether CIL called it right all along?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 19:02 - Dec 10 with 499 viewsTractorWood

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 08:20 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

They're reporting on a finding from Ipso. What do you take issue with? Just that it's in the Guardian?

I take issue with them being conflicted as the finding they are reporting on involves their own employee.

Imagine if the mail on Sunday or Torygraph did this. Everyone would point this out and discredit the article.

I know the Guardian is like a cult on here for some but it doesn't mean it's beyond pointing out something that is irrefutably true.

Now that you here, would you like to donate?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 19:03]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 19:10 - Dec 10 with 488 viewsDubtractor

I like how your "impartial cynicism" has morphed into outright anti Labour posting over the last couple of days.

It was always a pretty damn transparent act anyway.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 19:12 - Dec 10 with 488 viewsBlueAsTory

How about Corbyn and the banter? Now that is what you call lying, mind you there are several more Labour MP's hoping they get trounced so they can finally get shot of the comrade corbyniestas
Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 19:30 - Dec 10 with 482 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 19:02 - Dec 10 by TractorWood

I take issue with them being conflicted as the finding they are reporting on involves their own employee.

Imagine if the mail on Sunday or Torygraph did this. Everyone would point this out and discredit the article.

I know the Guardian is like a cult on here for some but it doesn't mean it's beyond pointing out something that is irrefutably true.

Now that you here, would you like to donate?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 19:03]

That's not an adequate explanation quite frankly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024