Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you 22:59 - Dec 9 with 2384 viewsHerbivore

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/09/ipso-rebukes-mail-on-sunday-over-l

Interesting bit in there about a former military intelligence officer being involved in spreading malicious smears. Sounds familiar.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 23:15]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:12 - Dec 9 with 1661 viewsjeera

"The story published on Saturday was based on a diagram originally called the “traitors chart”, which was put together by “a former British intelligence officer”. It linked the Labour leader to hundreds of individuals through his connections to organisations as diverse as the Stop the War Coalition and supposed leftwing factions in the British Medical Association.

A spokesperson for the Sun declined to comment on why the article, which carried the political editor Tom Newton Dunn’s byline, had been deleted from the website without acknowledgement. The online link now redirects to a page suggesting it was removed for legal reasons."

Anything goes when you have filth for morals.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:18 - Dec 9 with 1644 viewsLankHenners

Not directly related to the OP but the coverage of an incident at Matt Hancock’s visit to Leeds General Hospital this evening by supposedly senior political journalists and broadcasters on Twitter was remarkable*.

*an absolute disgrace

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:32 - Dec 9 with 1608 viewsfactual_blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:18 - Dec 9 by LankHenners

Not directly related to the OP but the coverage of an incident at Matt Hancock’s visit to Leeds General Hospital this evening by supposedly senior political journalists and broadcasters on Twitter was remarkable*.

*an absolute disgrace

Clearly this incident needed VAR.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:38 - Dec 9 with 1597 viewsfactual_blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:12 - Dec 9 by jeera

"The story published on Saturday was based on a diagram originally called the “traitors chart”, which was put together by “a former British intelligence officer”. It linked the Labour leader to hundreds of individuals through his connections to organisations as diverse as the Stop the War Coalition and supposed leftwing factions in the British Medical Association.

A spokesperson for the Sun declined to comment on why the article, which carried the political editor Tom Newton Dunn’s byline, had been deleted from the website without acknowledgement. The online link now redirects to a page suggesting it was removed for legal reasons."

Anything goes when you have filth for morals.

See also the Zinoviev Letter.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:47 - Dec 9 with 1581 viewsEwan_Oozami

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:32 - Dec 9 by factual_blue

Clearly this incident needed VAR.

True, but we might not have got a decision till after the election!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:56 - Dec 9 with 1566 viewsClapham_Junction

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:18 - Dec 9 by LankHenners

*an absolute disgrace

Also:

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 00:17 - Dec 10 with 1537 viewsLankHenners

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:56 - Dec 9 by Clapham_Junction

Also:

The sad thing is none of this even matters - the lying, the deceit, the utter contempt for the electorate. It’s so obvious but people won’t be bothered because it’s their side doing it and ‘yeah but what about...’ and they’ll ‘get Brexit done’.

I’d say the moral bankruptcy is astounding but it’s not sadly.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 07:20 - Dec 10 with 1390 viewshampstead_blue

You have great sources.....

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Login to get fewer ads

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 07:37 - Dec 10 with 1377 viewsTractorWood

The Guardian reporting that the Tories have misled the public on a report edited by a Guardian columnist. No conflict there then.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 07:40 - Dec 10 with 1372 viewsSteve_M

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 23:56 - Dec 9 by Clapham_Junction

Also:

This thread elaborates here:

Disastrous day for the Tories yesterday. Johnson reacted poorly and then they've invented two stories which have kept the original failure in the news.

No wonder they've been hiding Johnson all campaign.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 07:51 - Dec 10 with 1355 viewsartsbossbeard

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 00:17 - Dec 10 by LankHenners

The sad thing is none of this even matters - the lying, the deceit, the utter contempt for the electorate. It’s so obvious but people won’t be bothered because it’s their side doing it and ‘yeah but what about...’ and they’ll ‘get Brexit done’.

I’d say the moral bankruptcy is astounding but it’s not sadly.

This is the crux.

I've no doubt whatsoever that we'll wake up on Friday morning with the tories still in power but I'm hoping for a seismic change in people's attitude towards politics and they will question their local MP when tories promises made aren't being kept to.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 07:57 - Dec 10 with 1340 viewsSwansea_Blue

Also:

Disgusting f*ckers.

Nobody with morals can support this lot.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 08:20 - Dec 10 with 1301 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 07:37 - Dec 10 by TractorWood

The Guardian reporting that the Tories have misled the public on a report edited by a Guardian columnist. No conflict there then.

They're reporting on a finding from Ipso. What do you take issue with? Just that it's in the Guardian?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 08:32 - Dec 10 with 1282 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 07:20 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

You have great sources.....

The Guardian is a very credible source as it goes, as is the press regulator, Ipso, whom the report is largely based on. Maybe if you actually try reading something properly for a change then tell me specifically what it is you take issue with in the article.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:36 - Dec 10 with 1242 viewsfactual_blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 08:20 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

They're reporting on a finding from Ipso. What do you take issue with? Just that it's in the Guardian?

Too many long words in The Guardian for some.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:46 - Dec 10 with 1217 viewsSwansea_Blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 07:40 - Dec 10 by Steve_M

This thread elaborates here:

Disastrous day for the Tories yesterday. Johnson reacted poorly and then they've invented two stories which have kept the original failure in the news.

No wonder they've been hiding Johnson all campaign.

And just to wrap this one up, a response from the reporter who originally broke the story, confirming its authenticity. Will the people who have been taken in by the smear campaign listen though? Doubtful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:48 - Dec 10 with 1210 viewshampstead_blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 08:32 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

The Guardian is a very credible source as it goes, as is the press regulator, Ipso, whom the report is largely based on. Maybe if you actually try reading something properly for a change then tell me specifically what it is you take issue with in the article.

No issue with the article at all.
We read the Guardian on Saturday's. It's a decent read.

I was just joshing around... :-)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:53 - Dec 10 with 1200 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:46 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

And just to wrap this one up, a response from the reporter who originally broke the story, confirming its authenticity. Will the people who have been taken in by the smear campaign listen though? Doubtful.

Give this guy Laura Kuennsberg's job, he actually checks the veracity of his info.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:54 - Dec 10 with 1198 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:48 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

No issue with the article at all.
We read the Guardian on Saturday's. It's a decent read.

I was just joshing around... :-)

Pretty poor that the Tories and their newspapers are spreading lies, don't you think?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:57 - Dec 10 with 1190 viewshampstead_blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:54 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

Pretty poor that the Tories and their newspapers are spreading lies, don't you think?

Yes. I agree.

I was talking with Mrs H at supper this week and we both feel that there isn't a paper for us.
Both sides are too partisan.

The Homes and business section section in the STimes is good as is the cricket writing.
The Guardian is good for world affairs and Vic Marks and others on cricket.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:01 - Dec 10 with 1178 viewsHerbivore

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 09:57 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

Yes. I agree.

I was talking with Mrs H at supper this week and we both feel that there isn't a paper for us.
Both sides are too partisan.

The Homes and business section section in the STimes is good as is the cricket writing.
The Guardian is good for world affairs and Vic Marks and others on cricket.

The i is a decent print newspaper if you just want news. They do have columnists but the format means it is pretty impartial with regards to reporting news stories. The Financial Times and Guardian have high editorial standards and very few upheld complaints against them. After that most of the rest are varying degrees of toilet paper, with the Sun, Mail and Express being particularly bad. The Telegraph is doing a sterling job of trying to join them in the gutter too, lots of upheld complaints against it in recent years.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:06 - Dec 10 with 1175 viewsSomethingBlue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:01 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

The i is a decent print newspaper if you just want news. They do have columnists but the format means it is pretty impartial with regards to reporting news stories. The Financial Times and Guardian have high editorial standards and very few upheld complaints against them. After that most of the rest are varying degrees of toilet paper, with the Sun, Mail and Express being particularly bad. The Telegraph is doing a sterling job of trying to join them in the gutter too, lots of upheld complaints against it in recent years.

The Telegraph is, incredibly, the worst of the bunch in my book. Perhaps because it used to be held to a higher standard. What Alison Pearson, in particular, is getting up to is absolutely disgusting and any organisation with a shred of credibility left would fire her.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:14 - Dec 10 with 1167 viewshampstead_blue

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:01 - Dec 10 by Herbivore

I used to get the FT on saturdays but now I'm not in Wealth anymore it seems a waste.
I might give it another go. I do like to drool over the 'How to spend it' when they still some sexy gear up.

The I. Will have a look too. Thanks.

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:19 - Dec 10 with 1171 viewsjeera

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:06 - Dec 10 by SomethingBlue

The Telegraph is, incredibly, the worst of the bunch in my book. Perhaps because it used to be held to a higher standard. What Alison Pearson, in particular, is getting up to is absolutely disgusting and any organisation with a shred of credibility left would fire her.

The thing that gets to me the most, is how the editors of these rags don't believe the crap they publish themselves; I am speaking quite specifically of the likes of the tacky tabloids.

It really is simply business first for most. It only shows how dim the readership must be when the newspapers themselves don't care about the content and only consider the sales.

They write what sells, not what they believe themselves to be true. It's so fecking mercenary.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:24 - Dec 10 with 1155 viewsSteve_M

Your daily reminder that the Tories and their press are lying to you on 10:19 - Dec 10 by jeera

The thing that gets to me the most, is how the editors of these rags don't believe the crap they publish themselves; I am speaking quite specifically of the likes of the tacky tabloids.

It really is simply business first for most. It only shows how dim the readership must be when the newspapers themselves don't care about the content and only consider the sales.

They write what sells, not what they believe themselves to be true. It's so fecking mercenary.

That David Yelland - who published "Are we being run by a gay mafia?" in the 90s - and Stig Abell are two of the more perceptive media critics despite senior editorial roles at The Sun is in itself very telling.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024