Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All of you people planning to vote Labour... 08:39 - Dec 10 with 4452 viewsEffie

I am a long time reader on this forum.

How do you justify Diane Abbott being Home Secretary?
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:02 - Dec 10 with 1083 viewsGaryCooper

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:42 - Dec 10 by Guthrum

Apart from getting some numbers wrong a couple of times* during interviews (many politicians of all stripes make mistakes under questioning), what has she done not to justify her suitability for the role?

She won't be doing the job on her own, anyway. There's a whole department of junior ministers, advisers, experts and civil servants to lend a hand.

* On one of those occasions, she was unwell.

In 1984, Abbott said Ireland “is our struggle — every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.”
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:07 - Dec 10 with 1064 viewsGuthrum

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:53 - Dec 10 by GaryCooper

Is it because she is a racist?

Given her racism appears to be limited to one angry response in a 2012 tweet ('white people love to divide and rule'* in response to attacks on black community leaders), for which she apologised, not sure it's a major issue. Especially when balanced against the racist abuse she herself has suffered.

* Which, if you look at colonial and Cold War history, is arguably true, anyway, when you consider that European/Western political leaders have almost entirely been 'white people'.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:09 - Dec 10 with 1054 viewsBarneycurley

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:36 - Dec 10 by Effie

Fruit and fibre for me

Splitter

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:11 - Dec 10 with 1051 viewsGaryCooper

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:07 - Dec 10 by Guthrum

Given her racism appears to be limited to one angry response in a 2012 tweet ('white people love to divide and rule'* in response to attacks on black community leaders), for which she apologised, not sure it's a major issue. Especially when balanced against the racist abuse she herself has suffered.

* Which, if you look at colonial and Cold War history, is arguably true, anyway, when you consider that European/Western political leaders have almost entirely been 'white people'.

Ms Abbott had added: ``And are Finnish girls, who may never have met a black person before, let alone touched one, best suited to nurse in multicultural Hackney?''
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:13 - Dec 10 with 1049 viewsGaryCooper

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:07 - Dec 10 by Guthrum

Abbott voted against proscribing organisations including al-Qaida and Lashkar-e-Taiba, which was responsible for the Mumbai attacks.

As the very much voice of reason on here Guthrum this a strange defence to pursue, Abbott is miles off credible and is certainly not fit for high office.
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:20 - Dec 10 with 1031 viewsPinewoodblue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:41 - Dec 10 by factual_blue

She isn't.

She isn’t going to be either.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:23 - Dec 10 with 1031 viewsGuthrum

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:13 - Dec 10 by GaryCooper

Abbott voted against proscribing organisations including al-Qaida and Lashkar-e-Taiba, which was responsible for the Mumbai attacks.

As the very much voice of reason on here Guthrum this a strange defence to pursue, Abbott is miles off credible and is certainly not fit for high office.

I don't particularly want to see Abbott as HS, nor do I approve of her flirting with terrorist organisations, but I don't consider - given the choice available and lack of incorruptibles* on offer - that she is much worse than the others.

She hasn't, for example, tried conducting her own private foreign policy, then lied about it.

* And even that refers back to a violent, fanatical revolutionary - Robespierre.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 12:49 - Dec 10 with 985 viewsbaxterbasics

It's not just Diane that's scary. McDonnell at the Treasury. Angela 'austeriteh' Raynor on education. The list goes on.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 13:04 - Dec 10 with 971 viewshampstead_blue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 12:49 - Dec 10 by baxterbasics

It's not just Diane that's scary. McDonnell at the Treasury. Angela 'austeriteh' Raynor on education. The list goes on.

We've all got our own TWTD room at the re-education camp.

Bags bottom bunk.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 15:58 - Dec 10 with 942 viewsCaptMickMills

Boris Johnson not fit to be Prime Minister but neither is Corbyn.

Need to vote tactically to constrain ant significant Tory majority.

Hope for Hong parliament to stop either main party doing too much damage.
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 16:32 - Dec 10 with 926 viewsjontysnut

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 10:02 - Dec 10 by GaryCooper

In 1984, Abbott said Ireland “is our struggle — every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us. A defeat in Northern Ireland would be a defeat indeed.”

We've all said things we regret - in 1984 I remember saying that Irvin Gernon was a good player.
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 17:19 - Dec 10 with 906 viewsmonytowbray

Mostly by not being a closeted or institutional racist.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 17:47 - Dec 10 with 895 viewsBLUEBEAT

She’s a very clever woman

Just not very good at being ‘put on the spot’, just like Boris, but without bizarrely bullish exit strategies

Poll: W or W

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 17:51 - Dec 10 with 889 viewshampstead_blue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 16:32 - Dec 10 by jontysnut

We've all said things we regret - in 1984 I remember saying that Irvin Gernon was a good player.

I don't recall her saying she regretted her stance then?
She also voted in support of a bunch of crazy islamic groups.

However, when one shows her for the complete and utter idiot she is, we get called racist and misogynistic.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 18:02 - Dec 10 with 878 viewstpsontour

Good question.

Other Diane highlights apart from supporting the IRA ahead of the British Army, calling for MI5 to be disbanded and consistently voted against any legislation empowering the police and security services are that she is Corbyn's ex-girlfriend and after consistently campaigning to abolish private schools she sent her own son to one - and then played the race card when called out on it.

Anyone noticed her in this election? Labour has hidden her in the same cupboard for campaign liabilities the Tories have put Jacob Rees-Mogg in.
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 19:28 - Dec 10 with 851 viewsjontysnut

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 17:51 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

However, when one shows her for the complete and utter idiot she is, we get called racist and misogynistic.

Cambridge graduate with a 35,000 majority and 75% of the vote. She really must try harder.
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:30 - Dec 10 with 821 viewsbazgammon

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 08:40 - Dec 10 by StokieBlue

Pritti Patel?

SB
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 8:41]

you can't be serious?

Poll: Lambert

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:42 - Dec 10 with 805 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:30 - Dec 10 by bazgammon

you can't be serious?

I would imagine he is.

You clearly think Priti Patel is more suitable for the post than Diane Abbott is. A significant number of us would strongly disagree.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:43 - Dec 10 with 808 viewsHARRY10

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 17:51 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

"However, when one shows her for the complete and utter idiot she is, we get called racist and misogynistic. "

I don't think a comment about Diane Abbott is necessary for folk to think that of you.

What might be welcome is a comment or two about the Tory Party manifrsto instead. Would make a change from the usual line of smears and aattacks on Corbyn, Abbott etc...............

............or are there not any, hence the above being all you have left ?
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:46 - Dec 10 with 801 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There is a good reason why Abbott has not been in the public eye for Labour.

Perhaps the question should be why have Johnson and Rees-Mogg and probably many others (Patel/Hunt/Gove etc) been kept out of it for the Conservatives?

If you think the threat of Abbott as Home Secretary (which won't happen because there won't be a Labour government) is worse than the current holders of most cabinet positions you are barking up the wrong tree.

This chap can offer few reasons. on 20:55 - Dec 10 with 791 viewsjeera

[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 20:55]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:55 - Dec 10 with 790 viewsCheltenham_Blue

How do you justify her not being?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:56 - Dec 10 with 789 viewshampstead_blue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 19:28 - Dec 10 by jontysnut

Cambridge graduate with a 35,000 majority and 75% of the vote. She really must try harder.

Clearly her constituents were issued a babel fish. She is a joke.

She would be unemployed if she wasn't an MP. If JC thinks she can be HS then it clearly shows that he is just as stupid as she is.

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:59 - Dec 10 with 782 viewshampstead_blue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:43 - Dec 10 by HARRY10

"However, when one shows her for the complete and utter idiot she is, we get called racist and misogynistic. "

I don't think a comment about Diane Abbott is necessary for folk to think that of you.

What might be welcome is a comment or two about the Tory Party manifrsto instead. Would make a change from the usual line of smears and aattacks on Corbyn, Abbott etc...............

............or are there not any, hence the above being all you have left ?

It's not for me to poke holes in the tory manifesto, that's for labour supporters.

The fact that JC/JM/DA all bend the knee to terrorists chills my blood.

Smears? Not at all. You may need to be weaned off JC's Kool Aid.

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:03 - Dec 10 with 767 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:59 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

It's not for me to poke holes in the tory manifesto, that's for labour supporters.

The fact that JC/JM/DA all bend the knee to terrorists chills my blood.

Smears? Not at all. You may need to be weaned off JC's Kool Aid.

I think he was suggesting you might find something positive in it.

Poking holes is far too easy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024