Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All of you people planning to vote Labour... 08:39 - Dec 10 with 4433 viewsEffie

I am a long time reader on this forum.

How do you justify Diane Abbott being Home Secretary?
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:07 - Dec 10 with 833 viewsHARRY10

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:46 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

There is a good reason why Abbott has not been in the public eye for Labour.

Perhaps the question should be why have Johnson and Rees-Mogg and probably many others (Patel/Hunt/Gove etc) been kept out of it for the Conservatives?

If you think the threat of Abbott as Home Secretary (which won't happen because there won't be a Labour government) is worse than the current holders of most cabinet positions you are barking up the wrong tree.

There's every possibility that there will be a coalition as the anti Tory vote seems far more motivated than the pro Tory vote.

One of the mistakes of polling in 2017 was to count voters who said they would vote Tory as certain voters, rather than weight it towards to what degree they were certain of voting.
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:14 - Dec 10 with 820 viewsMalcolmBlue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:36 - Dec 10 by Bluefish

Ask her this one

Start with 180,000
Subtract 0
Add 31,000

How many do you have?

Is the answer 50,000 more nurses?

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:22 - Dec 10 with 805 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:07 - Dec 10 by HARRY10

There's every possibility that there will be a coalition as the anti Tory vote seems far more motivated than the pro Tory vote.

One of the mistakes of polling in 2017 was to count voters who said they would vote Tory as certain voters, rather than weight it towards to what degree they were certain of voting.

One would imagine the polling prediction companies would have analysed that and altered their algorithms if it is as simple as that.

They certainly ask how likely I am to vote.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:25 - Dec 10 with 799 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:14 - Dec 10 by MalcolmBlue

Is the answer 50,000 more nurses?

No, it's 40 new hospitals.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:25 - Dec 10 with 803 viewsHARRY10

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:22 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

One would imagine the polling prediction companies would have analysed that and altered their algorithms if it is as simple as that.

They certainly ask how likely I am to vote.

In 2017 they hadn't (apart from Survation)

or not enough, as the polls showed
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:35 - Dec 10 with 794 viewsjontysnut

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:56 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

Clearly her constituents were issued a babel fish. She is a joke.

She would be unemployed if she wasn't an MP. If JC thinks she can be HS then it clearly shows that he is just as stupid as she is.

But she had jobs before she was elected. She got on the civil service fast stream. I failed it. Is it OK for white men like Matt Hancock to be not very good at sums?
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 23:29 - Dec 10 with 764 viewsBrixtonBlue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 20:56 - Dec 10 by hampstead_blue

Clearly her constituents were issued a babel fish. She is a joke.

She would be unemployed if she wasn't an MP. If JC thinks she can be HS then it clearly shows that he is just as stupid as she is.

You're a man who's posted links without reading them and which disproved your own point.

You're on very thin ice calling anyone stupid.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 02:05 - Dec 11 with 748 viewsmonytowbray

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 23:29 - Dec 10 by BrixtonBlue

You're a man who's posted links without reading them and which disproved your own point.

I for one am impressed the Russians hacked his account.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 08:27 - Dec 11 with 695 viewshampstead_blue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 21:35 - Dec 10 by jontysnut

But she had jobs before she was elected. She got on the civil service fast stream. I failed it. Is it OK for white men like Matt Hancock to be not very good at sums?

It's OK to be academic and pass a course, but the real test is when you have to lead and inspire.

I wouldn't follow her on a one way street. She is not credible by any stretch of the imagination.

"OK for white men"
Only a matter of time for race and misogyny to be bought into it. Boring and predictable.

You need to know you're own strengths. She is NOT a leader, public speaker, innovator, calming influence. She also supports terrorists.

Maybe her nest role is in the back office working on something academic. Leave High office for leaders.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 08:39 - Dec 11 with 685 viewslowhouseblue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 08:27 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

It's OK to be academic and pass a course, but the real test is when you have to lead and inspire.

I wouldn't follow her on a one way street. She is not credible by any stretch of the imagination.

"OK for white men"
Only a matter of time for race and misogyny to be bought into it. Boring and predictable.

You need to know you're own strengths. She is NOT a leader, public speaker, innovator, calming influence. She also supports terrorists.

Maybe her nest role is in the back office working on something academic. Leave High office for leaders.

also being home secretary is just about the toughest job in government. it combines the most politically sensitive and nuanced policy decisions with a huge involvement in detail. there is immense pressure in terms of volume of decision making an din terms of day-to-day complexity. if you think of the scandals in recent years that have come out of the home office they have been as much to do with the administrative detail passing through the home sec's office as with policy errors. clearly abbott has strengths but I struggle to think of a politician who is less suited to the home office.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 08:45 - Dec 11 with 676 viewshampstead_blue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 23:29 - Dec 10 by BrixtonBlue

I do recall I held up my hand on my error. Happy to admit my mistake.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:12 - Dec 11 with 657 viewsGaryCooper

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 18:02 - Dec 10 by tpsontour

Good question.

Other Diane highlights apart from supporting the IRA ahead of the British Army, calling for MI5 to be disbanded and consistently voted against any legislation empowering the police and security services are that she is Corbyn's ex-girlfriend and after consistently campaigning to abolish private schools she sent her own son to one - and then played the race card when called out on it.

Anyone noticed her in this election? Labour has hidden her in the same cupboard for campaign liabilities the Tories have put Jacob Rees-Mogg in.

That cupboard is pretty full, anyone seen the sneering, smug, shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry?
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:37 - Dec 11 with 648 viewsbrazil1982

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:12 - Dec 11 by GaryCooper

That cupboard is pretty full, anyone seen the sneering, smug, shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry?

Not withstanding the many hapless/hopeless current government Secretaries, I look at that front bench of Labour and think, is this the best they can offer?
Raynor, Wrong-Daily, Abbot, Burgon etc. Dreadful.
All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:44 - Dec 11 with 644 viewsfooters

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:37 - Dec 11 by brazil1982

Not withstanding the many hapless/hopeless current government Secretaries, I look at that front bench of Labour and think, is this the best they can offer?
Raynor, Wrong-Daily, Abbot, Burgon etc. Dreadful.

And many people look at your posts in the same way. Hey ho.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:51 - Dec 11 with 636 viewswkj

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 09:44 - Dec 11 by footers

And many people look at your posts in the same way. Hey ho.

Ban politics on the forum. by ActionMan 10 Dec 2019 10:41
You are a nasty piece of work. What's your name in real life? I think the bullying you do on here needs to be reported to the club. Absolutely unacceptable behaviour in 2019.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 14:18 - Dec 11 with 605 viewsBrixtonBlue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 08:45 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

I do recall I held up my hand on my error. Happy to admit my mistake.

Errors. You've done it several times.

My point is you're in no real position to call others stupid.

I'm amazed politicians don't make more mistakes. There's a hell of a lot they need to know/remember.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 16:03 - Dec 11 with 593 viewshampstead_blue

All of you people planning to vote Labour... on 14:18 - Dec 11 by BrixtonBlue

Errors. You've done it several times.

My point is you're in no real position to call others stupid.

I'm amazed politicians don't make more mistakes. There's a hell of a lot they need to know/remember.

"Errors. You've done it several times." - many more, life is a challenge.

"I'm amazed politicians don't make more mistakes. There's a hell of a lot they need to know/remember."
This is why I think that she and others are stupid. By refusing to say "I can't recall" they make themselves look utterly stupid. There is more to be gained in that reply and if the interviewer keeps pressing then you have the high ground and they look stupid.
Her problem is that it's sadly comical in a twisted way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024