Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honeymoon Period .... 20:22 - Dec 10 with 2830 viewsMetal_Hacker

it’s long gone ....right 🤷🏼‍♂️

Poll: If it were one or the other

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:22 - Dec 10 with 2425 viewsITFCBlues

You do realise we're 2nd in the table, right?

We just need to ditch 442 and stick with 433

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:24 - Dec 10 with 2361 viewsMetal_Hacker

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:22 - Dec 10 by ITFCBlues

We’re second in the league table ? You’re asking if I know ?

Ok ...truth be told I do realise we’re 2nd but come on ffs

Things aren’t right ...correct me if I’m wrong

Team selection.

Tactics

Formation.

So on and so forth ...tell me I’m wrong

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:26 - Dec 10 with 2307 viewsJ2BLUE

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:24 - Dec 10 by Metal_Hacker

Team selection.

Tactics

Formation.

The team selections have been explained. I don't necessarily agree. I think Lambert has been desperate to go out of the cups so this is fourth time lucky for him. The other cup is less of an issue when playing so many youngsters.

Hopefully teams will be more consistent from now on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:28 - Dec 10 with 2232 viewsITFCBlues

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:26 - Dec 10 by J2BLUE

The team selections have been explained. I don't necessarily agree. I think Lambert has been desperate to go out of the cups so this is fourth time lucky for him. The other cup is less of an issue when playing so many youngsters.

Agree. Need to sack off 442 as well. Sears coming back. Will hopefully make that easier and bringing in 1 or 2 wide players in january

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:30 - Dec 10 with 2198 viewsMetal_Hacker

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:26 - Dec 10 by J2BLUE

Allegedly our top two upfront ...and we’re “desperate “ to go out of the cups

I’m not buying it anymore.

Not a strop just totally annoyed at PL’s thought process ...I just don’t get it anymore

I’m just lost it’s it all ...this rotation thing may come to fruition and prove me wrong but I honestly don’t think it’s gong to.

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:30 - Dec 10 with 2180 viewsWallingford_Boy

Oh come on, are you being serious?

How long are we gonna say that for.. "well we are still top six, we are still top half, etc"

Our early season luck has gone and we are being found out.

We ain't good enough in a league that is sooooo poor.

RIP Sir Bobby

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:31 - Dec 10 with 2170 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Team selection.

Tactics

Formation.

This is a bit desperate. The 'honeymoon' period was the worst bit of Lamberts' tenure. He couldn't stop the rot.

This season has been very well managed. I think people have to get their heads around a young squad = inconsistency.

Lamberts is trying to build a long term team not short term results. People.can't wait for a bad result on here.

Hate it when we lose...but wow this is out of proportion. First sticky patch (bar our only two defeats). perspective. I'm going to back him.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:34 - Dec 10 with 2093 viewsMetal_Hacker

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:31 - Dec 10 by Terry_Nutkins

This is a bit desperate. The 'honeymoon' period was the worst bit of Lamberts' tenure. He couldn't stop the rot.

This season has been very well managed. I think people have to get their heads around a young squad = inconsistency.

Lamberts is trying to build a long term team not short term results. People.can't wait for a bad result on here.

Hate it when we lose...but wow this is out of proportion. First sticky patch (bar our only two defeats). perspective. I'm going to back him.

Let’s be totally honest , in terms of a “sticky patch “ , have we actually been out of the sticky patch this season ?

“Oh we’re second in the league “ they all say. Perhaps yeah we are but momentum will see teams gain promotion and let’s again be honest , we’ve none and neither have individual players.

Login to get fewer ads

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:35 - Dec 10 with 2059 viewsMetal_Hacker

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:30 - Dec 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Oh come on, are you being serious?

How long are we gonna say that for.. "well we are still top six, we are still top half, etc"

Our early season luck has gone and we are being found out.

We ain't good enough in a league that is sooooo poor.

Absolutely

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:35 - Dec 10 with 2038 viewsjas0999

We need to stick with a consistent team. Odd change occasionally.
Honeymoon Period .... on 20:36 - Dec 10 with 2005 viewsSwansea_Blue

There never was a honeymoon period; he did little better than Hurst in his first half season (played some better footie in fairness, but results no better).

He’s not the answer, but hopefully our better squad will continue to carry us through.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:38 - Dec 10 with 1964 viewsMancBlue86

Moan moan moan, if u hate it so much then go neutral, its boring. I support my team. Promotion is the aim, we aint gonna win the cup so whatever. We have lost 5 games (if we lose tonight) all
Season!! Get a grip

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:38 - Dec 10 with 1959 viewspelles321

Team selection.

Tactics

Formation.

You’re wrong.
Honeymoon Period .... on 20:38 - Dec 10 with 1959 viewsBlue_Moses

Making numerous changes every week is causing the inconsistency
Honeymoon Period .... on 20:38 - Dec 10 with 1952 viewsJDB23

“Young squad” You’ve been sucked in by Lamberts rhetoric. Who of our regular starters would you describe as young and inexperienced, Downes and Wolf? Yes we have young players who get games here and there, but that will be the same up and down the country.
Honeymoon Period .... on 20:38 - Dec 10 with 1942 viewsITFCBlues

Exactly! Yes things aren't going great at present and there are issues that need resolving. But we're 2nd with a game in hand. Id of snapped your hands off for this at start of season.

We do need to stick to a formation though. Can't go on chopping and changing

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:40 - Dec 10 with 1903 viewsVaughan8

Well some people on here seem to think if we go out the cup we will automatically get promotion so this result is great...…….
Honeymoon Period .... on 20:40 - Dec 10 with 1897 viewsMetal_Hacker

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:38 - Dec 10 by MancBlue86

Moan moan moan, if u hate it so much then go neutral, its boring. I support my team. Promotion is the aim, we aint gonna win the cup so whatever. We have lost 5 games (if we lose tonight) all
Season!! Get a grip

Run along

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:40 - Dec 10 with 1891 viewsfooters

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:38 - Dec 10 by ITFCBlues

Exactly! Yes things aren't going great at present and there are issues that need resolving. But we're 2nd with a game in hand. Id of snapped your hands off for this at start of season.

We do need to stick to a formation though. Can't go on chopping and changing

"We do need to stick to a formation though. Can't go on chopping and changing"

Which is exactly the point. No plan, no preferred style or formation. Youth isn't to blame for that, but Lambert is.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:40 - Dec 10 with 1875 viewsnorth_stand77

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:30 - Dec 10 by Metal_Hacker

Allegedly our top two upfront ...and we’re “desperate “ to go out of the cups

I’m not buying it anymore.

Not a strop just totally annoyed at PL’s thought process ...I just don’t get it anymore

I’m just lost it’s it all ...this rotation thing may come to fruition and prove me wrong but I honestly don’t think it’s gong to.

The best and most successful Ipswich team I have seen were a settled side who were only changed through injuries. Players learn how their team mates play by CONSISTENTLY playing together week in, week out.

I'm fed up of us not giving cup games a proper go - it's been going on for years. There's no reason if the players are good enough that they can't play well in league AND cup games without all this squad rotation .
Honeymoon Period .... on 20:41 - Dec 10 with 1857 viewsjontysnut

I kind of agree but let's face it we're not setting the third division alight. Yes there's a long term goal but I'm finding it harder to buy into it.
Honeymoon Period .... on 20:42 - Dec 10 with 1855 viewsMetal_Hacker

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:40 - Dec 10 by Vaughan8

Well some people on here seem to think if we go out the cup we will automatically get promotion so this result is great...…….

That’s what I’ve missed ...instant promotion it is then

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:45 - Dec 10 with 1752 viewsSE1blue

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:40 - Dec 10 by north_stand77

The best and most successful Ipswich team I have seen were a settled side who were only changed through injuries. Players learn how their team mates play by CONSISTENTLY playing together week in, week out.

I'm fed up of us not giving cup games a proper go - it's been going on for years. There's no reason if the players are good enough that they can't play well in league AND cup games without all this squad rotation .

I agree with so much of this.

I also feel like this era is kind of cheating the fans who regularly attend, like season ticket holders. Yes, you are essentially watching Ipswich Town, week in and week out, but it's not a 'team' as such when it is constantly changed.

There was something more enjoyable about being able to watch a team gel, improve and grow when they regularly played together. I'm way less tempted to attend these days as you never quite know what you're going to get.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:46 - Dec 10 with 1736 viewsSwansea_Blue

Season!! Get a grip

I imagine everyone here supports us when they’re at the matches. This is a forum where we’ve always chewed the fat and vented frustrations outside of that match situation. It’s an emotional game, I don’t see the problem with those emotions spilling over on here.

I’m feckin livid that we’re not taking cup games seriously, but trying not to show it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Honeymoon Period .... on 20:46 - Dec 10 with 1733 viewsVaughan8

Season!! Get a grip

We haven't won in the league since 5th November so I think people are just starting to panic a bit. We have only won one game in that time (in 90 mins) but have only lost 1 as well (or 2 if you assume this is a loss).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024