Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Earliest you left a game? 21:09 - Dec 10 with 4260 viewsbluelagos

In the Mccarthy years, I once parked up at Portman Rd, realised I'd left some ear drops at home (had a sore ear) so decided to leave before I'd entered the ground.

Beat that for being a part timer...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Earliest you left a game? on 10:31 - Dec 11 with 1483 viewsKieran_Knows

Earliest you left a game? on 10:30 - Dec 11 by wkj

I am very sad you did not change your name to "Mick_Knows_F***_all" there and then.

Ha! Give him his due, he did turn it around after that!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Earliest you left a game? on 10:33 - Dec 11 with 1482 viewswkj

Earliest you left a game? on 10:31 - Dec 11 by Kieran_Knows

Ha! Give him his due, he did turn it around after that!

He did, its just a shame the steam ran out. Wherever or whoever that blame lies with.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Earliest you left a game? on 11:40 - Dec 11 with 1464 viewsTractorCam

Earliest you left a game? on 10:33 - Dec 11 by wkj

He did, its just a shame the steam ran out. Wherever or whoever that blame lies with.

Quite an incredible first month

Birmingham 1-0 win
Palace 5-0 loss
Burnley 2-1 win
Leicester 6-0 loss

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Earliest you left a game? on 11:45 - Dec 11 with 1458 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Earliest you left a game? on 11:40 - Dec 11 by TractorCam

Quite an incredible first month

Birmingham 1-0 win
Palace 5-0 loss
Burnley 2-1 win
Leicester 6-0 loss

He soon tightened up that backline!

Although do you think people would have called him boring if that trajectory continued ha?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Earliest you left a game? on 11:54 - Dec 11 with 1448 viewsSteve_M

Earliest you left a game? on 10:26 - Dec 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Really? Thought at the time it was a ridiculous tackle and had no complaints - and I say that as someone who got rather bemused at the whole ‘everything is Spence’s fault’ attitude that developed towards him

Just remembered another one leaving early - Palace away in one of Mick’s first games, left at 4-0 down to get an earlier train and then found out we conceded a 5th. Zaha and inparticular Bolasie tore us apart that night - remember coming away thinking Zaha was getting all the hype but Bolasie was a much better player, which I guess was subsequently proved right at the time although Zaha has obviously since developed to a much higher level than Bolasie ever reached
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 10:26]

Yes, Bolasie was very good that night.

We had been good in the first half, a little unfortunate to be 1-0 down but that second half was abysmal.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Earliest you left a game? on 11:56 - Dec 11 with 1448 viewsSteve_M

To answer the OP, that game against Nodge. Bullard had just dragged as back into it with a great goal and then we conceded immediately.

Bloody trains were delayed on the way back too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Earliest you left a game? on 12:06 - Dec 11 with 1438 viewsParky

Under McCarthy myself and a few others wouldn't leave the game as such, but just go upstairs to the bar in the corner of the North Upper and just sit and watch it on the tv's with Radio Suffolk commentary on.

We would try and look through the curtains; some stewards were a lot stricter than others.
Exactly the same for me on 12:08 - Dec 11 with 1434 viewsDyland

Earliest you left a game? on 11:56 - Dec 11 by Steve_M

To answer the OP, that game against Nodge. Bullard had just dragged as back into it with a great goal and then we conceded immediately.

That Friday night... dear oh dear...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

Earliest you left a game? on 12:20 - Dec 11 with 1428 viewsSuperblue95

Earliest you left a game? on 08:52 - Dec 11 by Kieran_Knows

Peterborough game under Jewell. Left at 5-1.

You and everyone else. I swear It seemed like there was only about 50 of us stood in there by the end!

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Earliest you left a game? on 13:27 - Dec 12 with 1371 viewsbritbiker

Never left early but did turn up at PR a day early once. It was before we all had internet on our phones. I played golf in Gosfield in the morning and went direct to Ipswich. There used to be about fifty cars that would park on a grassed area about half a mile from the train station. I got there early and after an hour I wondered why the pre match radio commentary hadn't started around 2pm and no other cars had arrived.

I rang the ticket office and was told the game was on Sunday. Nice 40 mile wasted drive and had to come back the next day.

Hollow feeling when you suddenly have nowhere to go when you are expecting to see a match.
Earliest you left a game? on 14:06 - Dec 12 with 1365 viewsLord_Lucan

RKD and I got thrown out before the kick off for smoking on the practice pitch whilst we were quests of Kieron Dyer. That was quite early.

Aside from that I lasted 5 minutes at home to Fulham on Boxing Day and retired to the pub.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Earliest you left a game? on 14:17 - Dec 12 with 1343 viewsPJH

Earliest you left a game? on 14:06 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

RKD and I got thrown out before the kick off for smoking on the practice pitch whilst we were quests of Kieron Dyer. That was quite early.

Aside from that I lasted 5 minutes at home to Fulham on Boxing Day and retired to the pub.

You both also left a game at Carrot Rud before the end didn't you?
Earliest you left a game? on 15:16 - Dec 12 with 1308 viewsbluelagos

Earliest you left a game? on 13:27 - Dec 12 by britbiker

Never left early but did turn up at PR a day early once. It was before we all had internet on our phones. I played golf in Gosfield in the morning and went direct to Ipswich. There used to be about fifty cars that would park on a grassed area about half a mile from the train station. I got there early and after an hour I wondered why the pre match radio commentary hadn't started around 2pm and no other cars had arrived.

I rang the ticket office and was told the game was on Sunday. Nice 40 mile wasted drive and had to come back the next day.

Hollow feeling when you suddenly have nowhere to go when you are expecting to see a match.

Mate of mine turned up at Upton Park at 3pm for a game that kicked off at midday, at Highbury.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Earliest you left a game? on 16:04 - Dec 12 with 1280 viewsnoggin

Earliest you left a game? on 21:26 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

Never left a game before the final whistle. Football’s too unpredictable to be precious, and nobody's got a right to expect a win.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 21:44]

I was in a packed pub last night to watch the Norwegian play off final second leg. My local team IK Start won the first leg 2-1. When Lillestrøm went 4-0 up, half the pub left. Start then scored 3 goals in 6 mins to win the tie on away goals. very emotional evening for thse who stayed.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Earliest you left a game? on 16:10 - Dec 12 with 1275 viewsIpswichKnight

83 minutes at QPR in 2017/18 season as soon as QPR scored the 2nd goal I left, we had been trying to play out a 1-1 draw so no point in staying to see us play out for a 2-1 loss.
Earliest you left a game? on 16:14 - Dec 12 with 1270 viewsnoggin

Earliest you left a game? on 14:06 - Dec 12 by Lord_Lucan

I got thrown out at half time, away at Sunderland, when Kingy lip read me calling him a wnker from 100 metres away. He was standing with a local copper who threw me out. Luckily there was a pub very close by.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 16:21]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Earliest you left a game? on 16:18 - Dec 12 with 1261 viewsMaySixth

I drove from London to Cardiff on a Tuesday under Mick
Think we were 2-0 or 3-0 down at halftime
Left at the break and came back

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Earliest you left a game? on 16:47 - Dec 12 with 1236 viewsITFC_Forever

Left early to go to work at home to Donny a couple of years ago, think we lost 1-3 - it was the game we applauded Billy Sharp when he scored.... missed the last 20-30 minutes and we were 0-3 down when I left, we scored our consolation when I was halfway up Civic Drive in the car.

Left a couple of minutes early on the very odd occasion for the same reason.

Think I've only left early once due to the way were playing, and that was Millwall away last season just after Hurst had been sacked, we left in injury-time.
Have left my seat before the end a couple of times, and the final whistle has then gone between me making my move and reaching the tunnel down from the stand to the concourse, most recently away to Col U, which meant were back in the car, through the official car park and on the A12 by the time most had got to their cars and home in Ipswich before many had left the car parks.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Earliest you left a game? on 17:47 - Dec 12 with 1223 viewsFifeITFC

The only time I have left a Town game early was the 01/02 home 2-0 or 2-1 defeat against Bolton. Can't remember if there was another reason at the time, but I felt so dejected. There was only about 5 and a bit mins left too. But it did feel really weird to be leaving a Town game early (and I was at THAT 9-0 game).

Never done it other than that 1 time.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 18:05]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Earliest you left a game? on 18:01 - Dec 12 with 1210 viewsPJH

As I have said before the ONLY time that I have left a game before it actually finished was the pitch invasion/their relegation game at Elland Road.

I did not think that the game would restart and outside the ground seemed safer than inside it.
Earliest you left a game? on 21:00 - Dec 12 with 1174 viewsSuttonColdfieldBlue

Grimsby away. Burleys last game in charge. Left when Grimsby scored they 3rd.
Earliest you left a game? on 10:36 - Dec 13 with 1134 viewsbrazil1982

Earliest you left a game? on 11:56 - Dec 11 by Steve_M

Our worst result, which, correct me if I am wrong, put them into an automatic promotion spot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024