Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL is tactically inept 07:08 - Dec 11 with 936 viewsgroovyASH

Does anybody actually want to try and work out what PL is trying to do with his set up? I don't think he knows, his players certainly don't.

I look at that 2 months or so, there really is not a big difference between our style of play with PL than under MM.

Only we are a division below.

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

PL is tactically inept on 07:24 - Dec 11 with 896 viewsJohnny_Boy

His focus should be on the league. Anything else is a bonus.
I do think that having a bigger squad to rotate (compared to other L1 squads) has been more of a hindrance than a blessing - but I guess time will tell in February/March if it catches up on the likes of Wycombe & Posh.
PL is tactically inept on 07:47 - Dec 11 with 866 viewsMrTown

Couldn’t agree more.

Football is poor, he has been here over a year and we have little/no style of play.

Tactically he has done nothing to suggest he has any idea what to do nor have the players developed to suggested that he coaching anything.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

PL is tactically inept on 08:35 - Dec 11 with 800 viewsrfretwell

PL is tactically inept on 07:47 - Dec 11 by MrTown

Couldn’t agree more.

Football is poor, he has been here over a year and we have little/no style of play.

Tactically he has done nothing to suggest he has any idea what to do nor have the players developed to suggested that he coaching anything.

Bizarre comment Mr Town. Wolf, Downes for two have made huge advances under PL. And only on Saturday first half we were brilliant by all accounts. But all that doesn't suit your "bash everything ITFC" agenda of course.
PL is tactically inept on 08:40 - Dec 11 with 779 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

PL is tactically inept on 08:35 - Dec 11 by rfretwell

Bizarre comment Mr Town. Wolf, Downes for two have made huge advances under PL. And only on Saturday first half we were brilliant by all accounts. But all that doesn't suit your "bash everything ITFC" agenda of course.

Completely agree regarding Wolf and Downes.

Whilst I think he has taken the rotation policy a bit too far, it could potentially been worse if we hadn't regularly rotated.

There have been games this season when we haven't had KVY, Chambers, Downes, Norwood so if Donacien, Wilson, Dozzell etc etc hadn't been getting regular first team games then those draws may have become defeats due to a lack of match practice......

For the record I would play Holy in goal every game

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

PL is tactically inept on 09:02 - Dec 11 with 742 viewsHerbivore

Hard to argue with that really. I'm not sure what our style of play is meant to be and we change formations constantly, often within the game too. We don't respond quickly or effectively if teams make tactical adjustments against us. We're doing okay because of the strength of our squad at this level but the lack of any kind of game plan or way of playing is worrying.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PL is tactically inept on 09:07 - Dec 11 with 730 viewsMrTown

PL is tactically inept on 08:35 - Dec 11 by rfretwell

I'm certainly not in the camp of "bash everything ITFC" mould as you so inadequately put it. More just giving an opinion on what I am watching.

Listen, we are doing well positionally in the league so any critism has a certain level of limitation to it.

But the way we have been playing since Accrington away has not been great, we are very much stumbling along at the moment. We don't play good football, we don't have a settled team, tactically Lambert hasn't done much to suggest he's extremely capable.

But not everything is doom and gloom by any stretch of the imagination.

PL is tactically inept on 09:12 - Dec 11 with 697 viewswkj

Paul Lambert is desperately missing having KVY. There is no coincidence in our dip in form and his injury. In all honesty, it's a bit like Ryan Fraser all over again when his injury crocked our season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

PL is tactically inept on 09:23 - Dec 11 with 666 viewsMrTown

PL is tactically inept on 09:12 - Dec 11 by wkj

Paul Lambert is desperately missing having KVY. There is no coincidence in our dip in form and his injury. In all honesty, it's a bit like Ryan Fraser all over again when his injury crocked our season.

I do think we miss his dynamism going forward. But I think Donacien has performed ok so I don't think it is as drastic as originally thought it would.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 9:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024