Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. 10:02 - Dec 11 with 4503 viewsjasondozzell

I don't normally post on anything other than the football (are we ever going to have an FA cup run again?), but I feel so strongly about this.

I am 34. I have a season ticket and up until recently went to as many away games as I could get to. I was excited about this season even though it's been a shock to find ourselves in League 1. The first half against Sunderland was especially promising. I went to Burton away and Posh. The only problem was I had begun to notice I was a bit breathless when celebrating goals and that I wasn't feeling very well at times. I went to the doctor and was referred to the hospital.

At the beginning of September I was told I had cancer. I had to wait 4 weeks from the day that I was told I had a cancerous tumour until the appointment when I saw the consultant who would tell me if it was treatable or not. That's not because they didn't do the scan - they did that almost straight away - but because there is a national shortage of radiologists in this country to read scans. They can't process the scans quickly enough. As you can imagine those four weeks were really tough.

My cancer was stage 3 but was treatable. I am undergoing chemotherapy now. I've been quite ill but I'm still going to home games when I can - they mean even more now. I wish I could go to away games like I used to but I'm not well enough at the moment.

The NHS staff, all of them from the receptionists to the consultants, have been brilliant. I have had amazing care. They have looked after me at every step and continue to do so. But they are under immense pressure. In the chemo lounge the nurses work tirelessly to treat everyone. You can see they are close to breaking point with the amount of people they are treating.

The NHS is one of this country's greatest achievements; perhaps even the greatest. The Tory cuts are putting it in grave danger and I'm terrified of what will happen if we have 5 more years of a Tory government.

Labour will pay the nurses and other staff the wage they deserve. They will reinstate the nursing bursary. They will invest money in new staff and infrastructure. And they won't let it the NHS be sold off or privatised.

It's surely not right that in the fifth richest country in the world someone should have to wait 4 weeks to see a consultant who can tell them if their cancer is treatable after diagnosis.

Please don't vote Tory tomorrow. Please vote Labour and help to save our NHS.

Coyb.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 12:23]
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:44 - Dec 11 with 708 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:29 - Dec 11 by ZedRodgers

That sounds extremely difficult.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you! Coyb
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:47 - Dec 11 with 695 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:29 - Dec 11 by ZedRodgers

That sounds extremely difficult.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you! Appreciate all the support

Coyb
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:48 - Dec 11 with 689 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:31 - Dec 11 by jeera

Best wishes fella.

Thank you for sharing that - that's not easy at all.

Hope it goes well and you come back from this stronger than ever.

Really appreciate that. Thank you!

Def coming back stronger - can't miss us beating the scum next season!
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:49 - Dec 11 with 683 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:31 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

Nice post, and I echo your sentiments about the NHS, it's the finest and most precious national institution we have, and we need to give it the love and funding it deserves.

I won't be voting Labour, but I respect your right to do so.

All the best in your recovery, one thing I'm sure we all agree on is cancer is a f***er.

Thank you! And well said about the NHS.
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:50 - Dec 11 with 676 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:42 - Dec 11 by GeoffSentence

Whoops! Accidentally down voted this. I have uppied it as well to keep it in equiliibrium, I only wish I could double uppy to fulfil my original intention.

Best of luck with your treatment. Agree with everything you have said about the NHS.

Thank you! I always do that by accident!

Thanks very much - really appreciate it.

Coyb
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 17:31 - Dec 11 with 637 viewsPhilTWTD

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:36 - Dec 11 by jasondozzell

Thanks, Phil! TWTD has helped to keep my going!

Coyb!

Glad to hear it. Have to say it is quite humbling to read posts like yours and when other people have said how much help the forum has been when times have been tough.
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 17:34 - Dec 11 with 629 viewsMullet

We're the same age mate, so to read that is both upsetting and uplifting in an odd way. The NHS have done nothing but good things for my family this last couple of years and beyond, so I could never vote Tory.

All the best in beating this disease.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 17:56 - Dec 11 with 612 viewsWeWereZombies

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 16:31 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

Nice post, and I echo your sentiments about the NHS, it's the finest and most precious national institution we have, and we need to give it the love and funding it deserves.

I won't be voting Labour, but I respect your right to do so.

All the best in your recovery, one thing I'm sure we all agree on is cancer is a f***er.

I didn't vote Labour (postal vote already sent) either but I did vote Liberal Democrat partly because of the bold decision to support a revocation of Article 50 but I also felt a bit better when my disappointment with them over their record on propping up a Conservative administration that made the Student Loan situation worse and tried it on with a bedroom tax was tempered by condemnation of cuts in Mental Health services (where I live it is the SNP they accuse of under funding but I am prepared to give them a bit off a let off in the same way that I forgive the Lib Dems because it is a Conservative chancellor at the top who is ultimately making these heartless decisions as to where the money goes).

So, Clive, even if you cannot bear to vote for someone led by Corbyn at least make sure that you choose an alternative that is not someone led by their Johnson...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 18:06 - Dec 11 with 604 viewsbobbyramsey

Best of luck. I'm with you, lets keep the bumbling buffoon out............!!
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 18:10 - Dec 11 with 598 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 17:31 - Dec 11 by PhilTWTD

Glad to hear it. Have to say it is quite humbling to read posts like yours and when other people have said how much help the forum has been when times have been tough.

Cheers, Phil. It is a brilliant thing you've built here. Brings people together!

Coyb
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 18:11 - Dec 11 with 596 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 17:34 - Dec 11 by Mullet

We're the same age mate, so to read that is both upsetting and uplifting in an odd way. The NHS have done nothing but good things for my family this last couple of years and beyond, so I could never vote Tory.

All the best in beating this disease.

Cheers, mate. Was a shock at 34!

NHS brilliant isn't it. Such a precious thing.

Coyb
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 18:12 - Dec 11 with 594 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 18:06 - Dec 11 by bobbyramsey

Best of luck. I'm with you, lets keep the bumbling buffoon out............!!

Thank you! Let's kick Johnson out!
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 18:13 - Dec 11 with 591 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 17:56 - Dec 11 by WeWereZombies

I didn't vote Labour (postal vote already sent) either but I did vote Liberal Democrat partly because of the bold decision to support a revocation of Article 50 but I also felt a bit better when my disappointment with them over their record on propping up a Conservative administration that made the Student Loan situation worse and tried it on with a bedroom tax was tempered by condemnation of cuts in Mental Health services (where I live it is the SNP they accuse of under funding but I am prepared to give them a bit off a let off in the same way that I forgive the Lib Dems because it is a Conservative chancellor at the top who is ultimately making these heartless decisions as to where the money goes).

So, Clive, even if you cannot bear to vote for someone led by Corbyn at least make sure that you choose an alternative that is not someone led by their Johnson...

Let's get rid of the Tories!
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 21:27 - Dec 11 with 548 viewsjaykay

hope all goes well for you in the future and you get to see glory days at portman rd . if you have children you will be able to tell their children stories of how great the town were.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 22:21 - Dec 11 with 534 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 21:27 - Dec 11 by jaykay

hope all goes well for you in the future and you get to see glory days at portman rd . if you have children you will be able to tell their children stories of how great the town were.

Thank you!
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 22:46 - Dec 11 with 518 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fair play to you fella for putting it all out there....here's to a mutually supportive society and your improved health...come on you reds!! (People on here actually vote yellow.....the shame of it!)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 23:18 - Dec 11 with 507 viewsRyorry

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 22:46 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Fair play to you fella for putting it all out there....here's to a mutually supportive society and your improved health...come on you reds!! (People on here actually vote yellow.....the shame of it!)

Maybe all the people on here who weirdly vote blue in elections just find it difficult to break the habit of their footballing lifetimes & go support reds instead? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 23:24 - Dec 11 with 502 viewsFreddies_Ears

Thank you for posting. Spot on.

You are one of our own. Get well, and get back to the Town - we need you!
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 23:31 - Dec 11 with 498 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 22:46 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Cheers! And come on you reds indeed! We can do it!
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 23:33 - Dec 11 with 497 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 23:24 - Dec 11 by Freddies_Ears

Thank you for posting. Spot on.

You are one of our own. Get well, and get back to the Town - we need you!

Thank you! That means a lot.
Will soon be back!

Up the Town!
Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 23:36 - Dec 11 with 490 viewsjasondozzell

Please vote Labour tomorrow. This is why. on 23:18 - Dec 11 by Ryorry

Maybe all the people on here who weirdly vote blue in elections just find it difficult to break the habit of their footballing lifetimes & go support reds instead? 🤔

Could be! Come on you reds tomorrow!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024