Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did everyone make of the ref last night 11:30 - Dec 11 with 602 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought he was alright, nice and low key. Missed one or two things, for both sides, but hey it's a tricky job.

I noticed that Woolfy kicked out at someone last night, some refs might have been tempted to send him off á la Beckham vs Argentina, this ref spotted it and just had a quick word.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 11:37 - Dec 11 with 581 viewsGarv

Saw that. Norwood and his man had a scuffle too which I think he missed as well.

Did give a couple of ridiculously soft fouls by strikers, but all refs don't do that. I almost blame diving on refs for falling for it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 12:16 - Dec 11 with 530 viewsGeoffSentence

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 11:37 - Dec 11 by Garv

Saw that. Norwood and his man had a scuffle too which I think he missed as well.

Did give a couple of ridiculously soft fouls by strikers, but all refs don't do that. I almost blame diving on refs for falling for it.

He did have fairly strong word with Norwood after Norwood objected to getting a strong shove in the back and had a go at the man. The ref did well there I thought, looked like he had seen the shove was about to blow up but played an advantage for us. He handled Norwood nicely.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 12:20 - Dec 11 with 520 viewsGarv

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 12:16 - Dec 11 by GeoffSentence

He did have fairly strong word with Norwood after Norwood objected to getting a strong shove in the back and had a go at the man. The ref did well there I thought, looked like he had seen the shove was about to blow up but played an advantage for us. He handled Norwood nicely.

Not reacting to it too much is a positive to be fair, when other refs would go well over the top.

Norwood does some stupid things though, as a side note.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What did everyone make of the ref last night on 14:06 - Dec 11 with 443 viewsmonty_radio

I thought he was much better than the 6.1 accorded by the fan ratings. Around me he was getting the customary dog's abuse as our own efforts became progressively frustrated, but I think that if he'd awarded us a penalty, out-of-the-blue like the one that went against us at P.R. recently, they would have loved him and probably given him a 9 or 10.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024