Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bunking off 13:37 - Dec 11 with 1890 viewshampstead_blue

Do you think she has authorised absence from school?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50740324

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Bunking off on 14:49 - Dec 11 with 407 viewsfooters

Bunking off on 14:47 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

The OP is a joke. Ok, some may not share that sense of humor. We're all different. Tolerance.

I do hold a genuine concern for her. I feel she is going to burn if not very careful indeed.

There is no ill feeling toward her, none at all...Just some twisted humour.

It's just the way you tell 'em, I guess.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bunking off on 14:51 - Dec 11 with 408 viewshampstead_blue

Bunking off on 14:29 - Dec 11 by StokieBlue

You did this in response to one of my posts yesterday as well.

It's not OK to push your agenda in your opening post and then actually say you meant something totally different later when someone has called you out. The opening post is still there, people have still read it, it still means the same as when you posted it and some damage may have been done.

It's bad form.

SB

I don't have an agenda at all.

Calling me out? Nope.
I've had a joke and some here are getting a bit too serious about it.
I do see that a lot of people take themselves way to seriously and spend their time splitting hairs whilst the real OP and point is lost in a maelstrom of 'others offence and agnst'.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Bunking off on 15:01 - Dec 11 with 391 viewsDanTheMan

Bunking off on 14:51 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

I don't have an agenda at all.

Calling me out? Nope.
I've had a joke and some here are getting a bit too serious about it.
I do see that a lot of people take themselves way to seriously and spend their time splitting hairs whilst the real OP and point is lost in a maelstrom of 'others offence and agnst'.

The thing is, people can't really tell anybodies intentions from just a joke and a link without literally any other context. The way it came across is that you're being incredibly dismissive.

And the whole "I just care about her mental health" has been done from people who want to dismiss her as well, which is why people are particularly wary of that line.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bunking off on 15:11 - Dec 11 with 379 viewseireblue

Bunking off on 14:49 - Dec 11 by footers

It's just the way you tell 'em, I guess.

So one thing I may have missed over the years, is people making "jokes" about teen performance acts.

From Billie Piper, to One Direction, Little Mix, teenage models etc.. it seems that no one has really expressed their concern for the welfare of teenagers on the world stage selling products for profit, through the use of "humour".

Okay, it may seem strange to us that, people are now trying that as an avenue for some humour, and rather than pick someone from the performing arts, they have picked an environmental campaigner that makes very well founded points through use of facts, to try out some wicked bantz.

Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle, throw in the odd peado reference now and again. Sometimes gets a laugh, sometimes a reaction.

Maybe we should be more open and wait for more humorous comments about teenagers in the public eye that are trying to do good things, that also comes from a concern for their mental well being.

Maybe we should relax and see where Hammies humour rates on the Miranda-Stewart scale.
Bunking off on 15:24 - Dec 11 with 372 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bunking off on 13:42 - Dec 11 by J2BLUE

That's how the whole movement started. She asked what the point of going to school was if nothing was done to save the planet.

The things kids today do, just to get out of double Maths

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bunking off on 15:26 - Dec 11 with 369 viewsLord_Lucan

Bunking off on 14:04 - Dec 11 by homer_123

She is affected by autism. That, however, doesn't detract from her views, stance and abilities.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 14:04]

I know she has Asperger's but I wasn't really referring to that, I think she is suffering too much mental pressure - much of it forced upon her - and it is affecting her in additional ways. I also think she is being used as a weapon and I don't think her time on this planet will end well - and even if I am wrong which of course I hope I am I don't think someone of her age should be placed upon the pedestal like a performing bear.

.........and whilst I acknowledge that global warming is an issue I thankfully don't agree with her anticipated timescale of Armageddon and I worry about the kids who listen to her and think that they are all going to die sometime very soon.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bunking off on 15:39 - Dec 11 with 351 viewseireblue

Bunking off on 15:26 - Dec 11 by Lord_Lucan

I know she has Asperger's but I wasn't really referring to that, I think she is suffering too much mental pressure - much of it forced upon her - and it is affecting her in additional ways. I also think she is being used as a weapon and I don't think her time on this planet will end well - and even if I am wrong which of course I hope I am I don't think someone of her age should be placed upon the pedestal like a performing bear.

.........and whilst I acknowledge that global warming is an issue I thankfully don't agree with her anticipated timescale of Armageddon and I worry about the kids who listen to her and think that they are all going to die sometime very soon.

Is it her own anticipated timeline, or is she sticking to IPCC and other scientific reports?
Bunking off on 16:23 - Dec 11 with 323 viewshampstead_blue

Bunking off on 15:01 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

The thing is, people can't really tell anybodies intentions from just a joke and a link without literally any other context. The way it came across is that you're being incredibly dismissive.

And the whole "I just care about her mental health" has been done from people who want to dismiss her as well, which is why people are particularly wary of that line.

That's the problem with text. I'll make better use of emojis.....

How about that? ;-)

Login to get fewer ads

Bunking off on 16:24 - Dec 11 with 318 viewsjeera

Picking on autistic children now mate.

Spreading lies and misinformation on a daily basis isn't enough for you then?

I'm beginning to see you as a low-life tbh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bunking off on 16:25 - Dec 11 with 314 viewshampstead_blue

That's kind of my point as I mentioned earlier.
I do raise an eyebrow at her folks.

I wouldn't allow my boys to be used like this. Caveat - used as I think she appears to be everywhere and in places she has been placed.

Bunking off on 16:26 - Dec 11 with 310 viewsjeera

Except neither you nor I have any idea how much, if anything, has been 'forced' upon her.

Bunking off on 16:27 - Dec 11 with 307 viewsjeera

Bunking off on 16:25 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

That's kind of my point as I mentioned earlier.
I do raise an eyebrow at her folks.

I wouldn't allow my boys to be used like this. Caveat - used as I think she appears to be everywhere and in places she has been placed.

You don't make any points.

You just say stupid things all the time.

You come across as a faking, attention seeking knob.

Edit: Oh yeah, love and peace.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 16:28]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024