Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? 23:48 - Dec 11 with 5164 viewsBrixtonBlue

n/t

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 11:30 - Dec 12 with 1768 viewshampstead_blue

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 11:24 - Dec 12 by Sarge

“Like I said, I've not sat down and fact checked each of the stats”

Explains a lot about why you’d vote Tory

did you forget to ask the original and others who've posted this list if they have checked it?#

A lot of it can be explained and has tenuous links at best.

Negative comment report: Must try harder........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 11:40 - Dec 12 with 1758 viewsm14_blue

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 09:02 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

unbelievably, when you call people turkeys, they don't vote for you.

I may be wrong but I don’t think Noggin is asking people to vote for him....
Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 13:01 - Dec 12 with 1729 viewsBlueBadger

Probably quicker to just list the successes.

Here:

1. Tory party united in the wake of the Brexit vote.
2. No, wait.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 13:10 - Dec 12 with 1715 viewsmrshallisfit

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 09:02 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

unbelievably, when you call people turkeys, they don't vote for you.

Explain Jacob Rees-Mogg then.
Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 13:51 - Dec 12 with 1695 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 10:46 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Good to chat.
There does need to be a deep ditch dug to isolate the Leave and Remain campaigns. Two of the worst campaigns I'd argue ever fought (I await someone correcting me)

In my memory the Eurosceptics were never the rabid monsters some people have become over this issue. It always seemed to be polite and well mannered. Someone deleted that line in the campaign. Very sad and caused huge problems.

I'd imagine your home is full of papers ready to reading! Mrs H would have had them on the compost heap long ago. I struggle to keep anything for any time. My Guitarist magazines got a cull recently - I cried a little.

I'd imagine reading something from a few months back on such a volatile and fast flowing topic is fascinating. How things could have changed over a blink of an eye.

In Hannon's piece, what is it that the gov has done to betray the EU citizens. I really don't know.

(you see I can be reasonable ;-)

OK, I take my time to get around to reading but I actually very rarely buy newspapers - The Guardian came from an old girlfriend I was holidaying with in Portugal and hung on to as I travelled back, The Economist I actually picked up after it had been discarded on a Waitrose cafe counter - aren't I green? Apart from all the electricity I waste reading BBC, Al Jazeera, El Pais , NHK World and The Scotsman websites...and TWTD for the debunking of all that. And I have a wood burner so once read the papers (which may get used with vinegar for window cleaning) do a Prodigy cover and light the fire.

The Guardian piece was not by Daniel Hannon, he just got a quick quote (which I cannot repeat verbatim as it was on the same page as a piece on police complaints that I passed on to an ex.copper mate - as I like to live dangerously) but probably referenced this:

https://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2018/04/daniel-hannan-like-the-wi

The confusion around 'permanent settled status' and 'pre-settled status' is the cause of what I think he called betrayal of European Union citizens who have made the United Kingdom their home and it is very easy for online applicants to click on a box which triggers the latter when they think they are going for the former, a sort of new level or levels of 'I, Daniel Blake'.

What also surprised me in the article were the number affected, official figures are vague and say maybe 3.4 million but there are suspicions it could be as much as four million. This could be seen as vindicating the 'send 'em home' element of the Leave campaign but actually I think a more sober view of the shape of our society now. The other side of this is that Labour Party 'high-ups' like Emily Thornberry have been far too blase on how this has affected the work force that they should be looking out for. A further worry is that if most of the half million young French people reputedly working in London's financial services either leave or get forcibly ejected then does another financial hub get a massive boost to its workforce at the very time that London needs some support in an insecure new scenario?

And finally, a book by an Italian translator called Elena Remigi called 'In Limbo' gets a mention. Reminded me of a TWTD poster who has been surprisingly quiet of late.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:34 - Dec 12 with 1677 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 09:41 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Fair point. Thanks.
Like I said, I've not sat down and fact checked each of the stats.
This I also think is a problem with the list itself. How can they link a lot of the stats with policy.

No, this is a problem with you (and large swathes of the country). You just give opinions, you don't bother with facts, as has been proven here.

In one move someone has proven your opinion to be nonsense because you couldn't even be bothered to look up how many people actually committed suicide from PTSD before offering an opinion on it.

This obviously throws doubt on the rest of your opinions.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:39 - Dec 12 with 1664 viewsWD19

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:34 - Dec 12 by BrixtonBlue

No, this is a problem with you (and large swathes of the country). You just give opinions, you don't bother with facts, as has been proven here.

In one move someone has proven your opinion to be nonsense because you couldn't even be bothered to look up how many people actually committed suicide from PTSD before offering an opinion on it.

Facts out of context shed no more light than opinions. In many ways they can be more dangerous and misleading.
Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:39 - Dec 12 with 1662 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 10:07 - Dec 12 by WD19

He will be along in a moment to bemoan the lack of critical thinking amongst people who don't agree with him.

Yeah who wants critical thinking when we can just spout out whatever nonsense comes into our heads?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:45 - Dec 12 with 1644 viewshampstead_blue

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:34 - Dec 12 by BrixtonBlue

Blimey...he/she/gender neutral arrives!
2 pages into your own thread. Keep up.

Have you read the headline for the list?
Nobody has offered anything to reference, offer decent opinion, nowt.
It's just a list of stuff you got with your Kool Aid.

Some people, including myself, have at least offered something behind a few points. You are taking it as gospel. Where is your considered opinion or personal experience?

In fact who are you? Do you have any experience of life you want to share to give credence to your vitriol.

I mentioned suicides among veterans from PTSD because I meet many suffering. And yes I can be bothered. Come along and to one. You'll wet yourself with fear.

You Sir are now looking as vile and vindictive as you Great Leader. Boil your head.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:47 - Dec 12 with 1636 viewsnoggin

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:45 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Blimey...he/she/gender neutral arrives!
2 pages into your own thread. Keep up.

Have you read the headline for the list?
Nobody has offered anything to reference, offer decent opinion, nowt.
It's just a list of stuff you got with your Kool Aid.

Some people, including myself, have at least offered something behind a few points. You are taking it as gospel. Where is your considered opinion or personal experience?

In fact who are you? Do you have any experience of life you want to share to give credence to your vitriol.

I mentioned suicides among veterans from PTSD because I meet many suffering. And yes I can be bothered. Come along and to one. You'll wet yourself with fear.

You Sir are now looking as vile and vindictive as you Great Leader. Boil your head.

"Come along and to one. You'll wet yourself with fear."

Why would he?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 15:04 - Dec 12 with 1616 viewsfooters

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:47 - Dec 12 by noggin

Why would he?

Ah, a good old fashioned 'Meet me for a pint' post!

Some people have lost their bloody minds.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 15:15 - Dec 12 with 1604 viewshampstead_blue

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 14:47 - Dec 12 by noggin

Why would he?

Because this keyboard anonymous is one the types who throws stones .
Some of the things we hear are truly disturbing. He'd struggle.

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:06 - Dec 12 with 1577 viewsHalf_Idiot

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 10:30 - Dec 12 by baxterbasics

Also "bedroom tax" is a lie, and a judge said as much at the time. Why should anyone be paying for someone to have more bedrooms than they need?

Education Maintenance Allowance - this was a late Brown policy that was in place for 5 minutes as a vote bribe and was rightly done away with. I'm not interested in paying kids to go to school, they only spend it on trainers and weed anyway.

"I'm not interested in paying kids to go to school, they only spend it on trainers and weed anyway." HAHAHA You're a parody!

My and most of the people I knew that got EMA when at college, was spent on travel and food as my single mother on a low income wage couldn't afford to buy me a bus pass or pay for my lunches, she had 2 other kids to feed when we got back from school/college/apprenticeships.

If we don't help those at the bottom we're only going to create a larger divide between the rich and the poor leading to more contempt (like what you're showing) which will inevitably lead to retaliation from those at the bottom reminiscent of the miners strikes or 2012 riots.
Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:27 - Dec 12 with 1563 viewsmanchego

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 08:45 - Dec 12 by baxterbasics

So much of that can be picked apart.

Here's some more for you:

Nine years of Tory failure?🤔

Annual deficit:
Lab 2010: £153.5bn
Con 2019: £32.3bn

NHS Budget:
Lab 2010: £111.7bn
Con 2019: £139.3bn

Minimum Wage:
Lab 2010: £5.93
Con 2019: £7.70

Tax Free Allowance:
Lab 2010: £6,475
Con 2019: £12,500

Unemployment:
Lab 2010: 8%
Con 2019: 3.9%

Good grief.
You carefully forgot the Global Crash in 2008.

ooops
Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:36 - Dec 12 with 1556 viewshampstead_blue

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 15:04 - Dec 12 by footers

Ah, a good old fashioned 'Meet me for a pint' post!

Some people have lost their bloody minds.

Not at all Footers.

He and Noggins, once more, ignored the question so I merely offered Brixton to meet those who suffer to get a handle on it.
Again, he is anonymous. Never offers experience or context. Just throws bricks.

He asked for a list of 'words'. It that had been on of us on the Tory side he and the foul mouthed Badger would have been all over it.....when he was asked a polite question he reverted to type.

Nothing 'outside' at all.

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:41 - Dec 12 with 1555 viewsMullet

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 08:45 - Dec 12 by baxterbasics

Annual deficit:

NHS Budget:

Minimum Wage:

Tax Free Allowance:

Unemployment:

Surely that indicates the NHS costs more, not that it's better funded? Let alone the general trend that stuff is far more expensive those numbers indicate?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:47 - Dec 12 with 1545 viewsbaxterbasics

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:41 - Dec 12 by Mullet

Surely that indicates the NHS costs more, not that it's better funded? Let alone the general trend that stuff is far more expensive those numbers indicate?

It indicates that Tories are spending £28 Bn-ish more in 2019 than Labour were ten years previous. So we know "NHS cuts" is a lie.

Whether or not it is sufficiently funded is a different matter and a discussion worth having. The consensus seems to be nope.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:53 - Dec 12 with 1535 viewsnoggin

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:36 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Not at all Footers.

He and Noggins, once more, ignored the question so I merely offered Brixton to meet those who suffer to get a handle on it.

He asked for a list of 'words'. It that had been on of us on the Tory side he and the foul mouthed Badger would have been all over it.....when he was asked a polite question he reverted to type.

Hold on, which question have I ignored?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 21:36 - Dec 12 with 1493 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 16:36 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Not at all Footers.

Anonymous? Never offers experience? Several people on here could tell you my life story!

Why on earth would me meeting sufferers of PTSD have anything to do with you being utterly wrong on the suicide figures because you guessed them?

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 21:49 - Dec 12 with 1476 viewstractordownsouth

Annual deficit:

NHS Budget:

Minimum Wage:

Tax Free Allowance:

Unemployment:

The deficit in 2009 was hugely skewed by the banking crisis, partly caused by Mr Javid and his colleagues at Deutsche Bank.

Adjusted for inflation and population growth, The NHS budget is lower. The schools budget is lower. The number of police is lower.

There are a few things that are higher though, like homelessness and food bank use! And zero hour contracts. Employment means nothing when it isn't secure. Most of the people in poverty are in work, partly due to Tory tax credit cuts.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Anyone got that list of Tory failures of the last 10 years? on 08:18 - Dec 13 with 1460 viewsBarneycurley

Some people just have no shame
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 8:22]

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024