Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today, vote for basic human decency 06:49 - Dec 12 with 3987 viewsuefacup81

And when you come to cast your vote today, call to mind the most vulnerable person you know and vote on their behalf.

Perhaps they're left dependent on food banks, are reliant on Universal Credit or PIP and are at the mercy of a bureaucrat's pen, or work a zero hours contract for a pittance of a wage in an insecure job.

I met a woman whilst campaigning last week. She is unable to work owing to multiple and complex physical and mental health problems. She had had her benefits reviewed that morning and stopped.

What precisely was her transgression?

She had taken the time to wash that morning, prior to her meeting, and "didn't smell".

Because she had been able to have a shower she was deemed unworthy of receiving even the most basic level of support from the state.

In the polling booth today, call to mind that vulnerable person. If you feel you could look them in the eye on Friday morning and tell them with a clear conscience that you voted Tory (because, let's face it, you know what's best for them, don't you?) then go right on and do it.

If, however, you believe in compassion, care, and dignity for one's fellow man or woman, cast your vote for whichever party in your constituency has the best chance of turfing the Tories out of government.

If you don't know, you can find out here: https://tactical.vote/

Make your vote count today, and make sure that you use that vote as an opportunity to speak up for those who are too downtrodden and marginalised to speak up for themselves.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:58 - Dec 12 with 1612 viewsjeera

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:53 - Dec 12 by noggin

FFS. This is where Britain's at. I'm glad I don't have to live there anymore.

Look at the state of some of the replies man.

It's remarkable how they can be trained to type though to be fair.

And the way some revel in their unpleasantness is a sickening sight. UK 2019 mate.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 17:28]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:01 - Dec 12 with 1596 viewsHerbivore

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:20 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

A heartfelt post and written well.

I agree that the assessment system is broken. The assumptions behind questions are awful and effects heartbreaking.
This is certainly one thing I would change in a heartbeat.

As a stand alone policy it would be near the top of my list.
The problem with the Labour list is that it ends in a bail out from the IMF when we go bust.
JC and JM have thrown too much against the wall.

WASPIE women? What about other sections of society who have been wronged? They chose that group for selfish egotistical means.

How about the thousands of single parents who have had letters from the Child Support Agency, or whatever it's called now. Absent parents are having their debts written-off if they've not been paid for a certain number of years....That is money taken from the hands of low paid single parents.....Why not sort that out? Simple. Not enough votes.

A vote for human decency is a vote to keep the lights on. To keep us out of economic ruin.
It's certainly NOT a vote for an ideology proven to be corrupt and a complete failure.

You do talk a load of nonsense.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:02 - Dec 12 with 1591 viewsnoggin

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:58 - Dec 12 by jeera

Look at the state of some of the replies man.

It's remarkable how they can be trained to type though to be fair.

And the way some revel in their unpleasantness is a sickening sight. UK 2019 mate.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 17:28]

Really sad times.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:05 - Dec 12 with 1583 viewsHerbivore

Today, vote for basic human decency (n/t) on 13:32 - Dec 12 by TRUE_BLUE123

[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 18:45]

Emotive waffle?

You need a trip to the Emerald City, fella. See if the Wizard has any hearts left to give out.

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:18 - Dec 12 with 1562 viewsSwansea_Blue

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:34 - Dec 12 by brazil1982

It's genocide.

Well no, but the "putting down" of people who offend you isn't particularly pleasant is it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:26 - Dec 12 with 1539 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:05 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Emotive waffle?

You need a trip to the Emerald City, fella. See if the Wizard has any hearts left to give out.

You do know the Wizard of Oz isn't real ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:32 - Dec 12 with 1526 viewshampstead_blue

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:46 - Dec 12 by solemio

Do you really not understand that your first two words devalue everything that follows?

Although devaluimg that nonsense is not easy.

My first two words are a tongue in cheek 'hello' to someone who isn't fit to lace your shoes.

The rest is fact.
Check out the BBC website and then go find the video of JC literally calling on his blind followers to wipe out people who have been successful.

It's fact. If you don't like it then.....tough.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:45 - Dec 12 with 1505 viewsnoggin

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:32 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

My first two words are a tongue in cheek 'hello' to someone who isn't fit to lace your shoes.

The rest is fact.
Check out the BBC website and then go find the video of JC literally calling on his blind followers to wipe out people who have been successful.

"Check out the BBC website and then go find the video of JC literally calling on his blind followers to wipe out people who have been successful."

Can you give a link to that please?

Login to get fewer ads

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:47 - Dec 12 with 1498 viewshampstead_blue

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:45 - Dec 12 by noggin

"Check out the BBC website and then go find the video of JC literally calling on his blind followers to wipe out people who have been successful."

Can you give a link to that please?

R4 today program. Yesterday morning. And no...I'm not going through the whole program. It's on BBC Sounds.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:53 - Dec 12 with 1476 viewsvilanovablue

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:36 - Dec 12 by baxterbasics

So Boris was careless with his words in some articles he wrote once, and offended a few of the permanently offended. Doesn't make him a racist. Nothing in his actual record in public office suggests racism either.

Corbyn and his legion breaks bread with those seeking the destruction of the entire Jewish nation.

No comparison at all.

If you reread what you said it doesn't make sense. Just because Johnson said and wrote some racist stuff he isn't racist, seriously?
Today, vote for basic human decency on 16:28 - Dec 12 with 1436 viewsBlueNomad

So Boris was careless with his words in some articles he wrote once, and offended a few of the permanently offended. Doesn't make him a racist. Nothing in his actual record in public office suggests racism either.

Corbyn and his legion breaks bread with those seeking the destruction of the entire Jewish nation.

No comparison at all.

They were not written very long ago.

If you can find such excuses for this sad specimen you are beyond redemption. His views on blue and white collar workers are in print (lazy, drunk etc), his views on single mothers are in print (despite the fact he adds to their number, I have already covered his casual racism, his conflicting views about the EU are in print / on film, he has conspired to commit violence against a person, he lied to the Queen in order to circumvent OUR constitution, he said "f@ck business", challenged over fire cuts he barked "get stuffed"............... Shall I go on because there is plenty more.

Try listing Corbyn's sins against that. You may hold legitimate views on economic issues but you are way off when talking about the personality of the two leaders.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 16:31]
Today, vote for basic human decency on 16:52 - Dec 12 with 1419 viewsHerbivore

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:26 - Dec 12 by TRUE_BLUE123

You do know the Wizard of Oz isn't real ?

Bit like a compassionate Tory then.

Today, vote for basic human decency on 16:54 - Dec 12 with 1417 viewsHerbivore

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:32 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

The rest is fact.

First Corbyn wants to eradicate the Jews, now he wants to wipe out successful people. I'm surprised we're seeing this from a right wing loon on TWTD rather than on the actual news, especially as they aren't shy of criticising Corbyn. It's almost like you make stuff up.

Today, vote for basic human decency on 16:57 - Dec 12 with 1416 viewsBackToRussia

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:47 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

R4 today program. Yesterday morning. And no...I'm not going through the whole program. It's on BBC Sounds.

Honestly a bit worried for you at this stage.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Today, vote for basic human decency on 17:01 - Dec 12 with 1406 viewsBlueAsTory

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:06 - Dec 12 by ZedRodgers

Your daily reminder that Corbyn is an antisemite and terrorist sympathiser by baxterbasics 5 Dec 2019 14:07
Trouble is now that Momentum has it's grubby hooks into Labour, there will be another just like him ready to take his place. McDonnell is even more dangerous.

Momentum, famously founded by three Jewish people.

Going to miss you tomorrow Zed after the votes come in.
Today, vote for basic human decency on 17:04 - Dec 12 with 1404 viewsBABLUE

No comparison at all.

I would like to congratulate you on the outstanding quality of your posts.

You win my vote for the worst Tory on this site. You should be very proud of that as there is real competition here.

Well done. Enjoy you’re victory tonight.

Ps don’t get ill or lose your job in the next few years as it won’t be great once the safety net is eroded further
Today, vote for basic human decency on 17:32 - Dec 12 with 1385 viewsjeera

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:20 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

A heartfelt post and written well.

I agree that the assessment system is broken. The assumptions behind questions are awful and effects heartbreaking.
This is certainly one thing I would change in a heartbeat.

As a stand alone policy it would be near the top of my list.
The problem with the Labour list is that it ends in a bail out from the IMF when we go bust.
JC and JM have thrown too much against the wall.

WASPIE women? What about other sections of society who have been wronged? They chose that group for selfish egotistical means.

How about the thousands of single parents who have had letters from the Child Support Agency, or whatever it's called now. Absent parents are having their debts written-off if they've not been paid for a certain number of years....That is money taken from the hands of low paid single parents.....Why not sort that out? Simple. Not enough votes.

A vote for human decency is a vote to keep the lights on. To keep us out of economic ruin.
It's certainly NOT a vote for an ideology proven to be corrupt and a complete failure.

What ideology exactly?

No made-up or borrowed phrases. Precise analogy please.

Where has 'it' been proven corrupt and by whom and when?

What is 'it'? When? By whom?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 18:20 - Dec 12 with 1358 viewslondontractorboy57

I f Corbyn gets in the vulnerable will starve after 2 years
Today, vote for basic human decency on 18:22 - Dec 12 with 1354 viewsSwansea_Blue

Today, vote for basic human decency on 14:01 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

You do talk a load of nonsense.

It doesn’t matter how many times you point out all the assessments that show the Tory manifesto as the most economically damaging, they still bleat out the Tory HQ messaging about Labour ‘wrecking the economy’. It’s embarrassing and rather cultish.

1. Lib D
2. Labour
3. Tory

That’s who to vote for if your prime interest is macroeconomics

(Sorry Greens, I can’t remember where you got in. But I suspect somewhere between Labour and Tory with all those worthy decarbonisation proposals)
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 18:23]

Today, vote for basic human decency on 18:28 - Dec 12 with 1339 viewsjeera

Today, vote for basic human decency on 18:20 - Dec 12 by londontractorboy57

Evidence?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 19:13 - Dec 12 with 1316 viewslondontractorboy57

Today, vote for basic human decency on 18:20 - Dec 12 by londontractorboy57

All the leftist down voters i hope i dont have to ask how you feel after 2 years of a commie govt.
Today, vote for basic human decency on 19:17 - Dec 12 with 1314 viewslondontractorboy57

Today, vote for basic human decency on 18:28 - Dec 12 by jeera

Evidence?

THE 1970s when a far less left wing govt was in power the chaos was there for all to see.
I dread to think what a Corbyn govt will do.
At least after they broke the country in the 70s we had North sea oil revenues to rebuild the country .
Today, vote for basic human decency on 19:21 - Dec 12 with 1307 viewsSwansea_Blue

Today, vote for basic human decency on 18:28 - Dec 12 by jeera

Evidence?

Jews innit. Or chews. Yeah that’s it, he’s going to get rid of all the chews. Confectioners will be striking 8 days a week.

Today, vote for basic human decency on 19:22 - Dec 12 with 1304 viewsjeera

Today, vote for basic human decency on 19:17 - Dec 12 by londontractorboy57

THE 1970s when a far less left wing govt was in power the chaos was there for all to see.
I dread to think what a Corbyn govt will do.
At least after they broke the country in the 70s we had North sea oil revenues to rebuild the country .

What on earth are you talking about?

Stuff that happened in the 1970s?

40 odd years ago in an entirely different landscape?

That's your reasoning. No one is this stupid - it's just not possible.

Today, vote for basic human decency on 19:22 - Dec 12 with 1301 viewsnoggin

Today, vote for basic human decency on 19:13 - Dec 12 by londontractorboy57

All the leftist down voters i hope i dont have to ask how you feel after 2 years of a commie govt.

FFS or LOL. I don't know which is more appropriate here.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 19:40]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024