Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today, vote for basic human decency 06:49 - Dec 12 with 4001 viewsuefacup81

And when you come to cast your vote today, call to mind the most vulnerable person you know and vote on their behalf.

Perhaps they're left dependent on food banks, are reliant on Universal Credit or PIP and are at the mercy of a bureaucrat's pen, or work a zero hours contract for a pittance of a wage in an insecure job.

I met a woman whilst campaigning last week. She is unable to work owing to multiple and complex physical and mental health problems. She had had her benefits reviewed that morning and stopped.

What precisely was her transgression?

She had taken the time to wash that morning, prior to her meeting, and "didn't smell".

Because she had been able to have a shower she was deemed unworthy of receiving even the most basic level of support from the state.

In the polling booth today, call to mind that vulnerable person. If you feel you could look them in the eye on Friday morning and tell them with a clear conscience that you voted Tory (because, let's face it, you know what's best for them, don't you?) then go right on and do it.

If, however, you believe in compassion, care, and dignity for one's fellow man or woman, cast your vote for whichever party in your constituency has the best chance of turfing the Tories out of government.

If you don't know, you can find out here: https://tactical.vote/

Make your vote count today, and make sure that you use that vote as an opportunity to speak up for those who are too downtrodden and marginalised to speak up for themselves.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:31 - Dec 12 with 1903 viewsbrazil1982

The Labour propaganda machine is out in numbers this morning...
Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:33 - Dec 12 with 1898 viewswkj

Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:31 - Dec 12 by brazil1982

It is indeed. A real thing of beauty I agree.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:36 - Dec 12 with 1886 viewsbrazil1982

Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:33 - Dec 12 by wkj

It is indeed. A real thing of beauty I agree.

Desperation
Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:38 - Dec 12 with 1882 viewswkj

Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:36 - Dec 12 by brazil1982

Desperation

Oh you. Stick a smile on for a change, you've as good as got it won after all.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:42 - Dec 12 with 1870 viewsbaxterbasics

I'm not going to vote for a party up to it's eye balls in antisemitism. I'm not going to vote to make everyone equally poor.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:06 - Dec 12 with 1844 viewsZedRodgers

Today, vote for basic human decency on 08:42 - Dec 12 by baxterbasics

I'm not going to vote for a party up to it's eye balls in antisemitism. I'm not going to vote to make everyone equally poor.

Your daily reminder that Corbyn is an antisemite and terrorist sympathiser by baxterbasics 5 Dec 2019 14:07
Trouble is now that Momentum has it's grubby hooks into Labour, there will be another just like him ready to take his place. McDonnell is even more dangerous.

Momentum, famously founded by three Jewish people.

No, not at the moment

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:13 - Dec 12 with 1831 viewshampstead_blue

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:06 - Dec 12 by ZedRodgers

Your daily reminder that Corbyn is an antisemite and terrorist sympathiser by baxterbasics 5 Dec 2019 14:07
Trouble is now that Momentum has it's grubby hooks into Labour, there will be another just like him ready to take his place. McDonnell is even more dangerous.

Momentum, famously founded by three Jewish people.

and your point is?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:17 - Dec 12 with 1821 viewsWD19

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:13 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

and your point is?

I think mostly he just wanted to give more air time to the thread about the leader of the opposition being incompetent and a terrorist sympathiser. Bit naughty on Election Day.
Login to get fewer ads

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:20 - Dec 12 with 1812 viewshampstead_blue

A heartfelt post and written well.

I agree that the assessment system is broken. The assumptions behind questions are awful and effects heartbreaking.
This is certainly one thing I would change in a heartbeat.

As a stand alone policy it would be near the top of my list.
The problem with the Labour list is that it ends in a bail out from the IMF when we go bust.
JC and JM have thrown too much against the wall.

WASPIE women? What about other sections of society who have been wronged? They chose that group for selfish egotistical means.

How about the thousands of single parents who have had letters from the Child Support Agency, or whatever it's called now. Absent parents are having their debts written-off if they've not been paid for a certain number of years....That is money taken from the hands of low paid single parents.....Why not sort that out? Simple. Not enough votes.

A vote for human decency is a vote to keep the lights on. To keep us out of economic ruin.
It's certainly NOT a vote for an ideology proven to be corrupt and a complete failure.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:22 - Dec 12 with 1808 viewsSwansea_Blue

Spot on, although people don't care uefa. Latest polls for my constituency have a woman ahead who thinks the types of people on Benefits Street should be "put down". There's no reasoning with people who support the extermination of society's vulnerable and poor. Ho hum.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:23]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:34 - Dec 12 with 1795 viewsbrazil1982

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:22 - Dec 12 by Swansea_Blue

Spot on, although people don't care uefa. Latest polls for my constituency have a woman ahead who thinks the types of people on Benefits Street should be "put down". There's no reasoning with people who support the extermination of society's vulnerable and poor. Ho hum.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:23]

It's genocide.
Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:05 - Dec 12 with 1742 viewsBlueBadger

But you're going to vote for a Tory party mired in bigotry of all flavours who's Brexit strategy will shaft everyone bar a few super-rich parasites gambling on the economy?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:20 - Dec 12 with 1725 viewsBlueNomad

Picaninnies with water melon smiles.

Letter boxes and bank robbers

Hostile environment for people who have lived here all their lives

Ah, but Corbyn speaks out against the foreign and expansionist policies of the Israeli state
Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:25 - Dec 12 with 1713 viewsflimflam

It is a thing to behold.

Although the silent majority will win the day and JC will be gone by lunchtime tomorrow.

Hopefully followed by the embarrassment who cannot even mange to put a pair of shoes on in the morning.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:30 - Dec 12 with 1700 viewsr2d2

Sounds like he should be an MP. Lots of hot air and waffle.
Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:31 - Dec 12 with 1691 viewshampstead_blue

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:05 - Dec 12 by BlueBadger

But you're going to vote for a Tory party mired in bigotry of all flavours who's Brexit strategy will shaft everyone bar a few super-rich parasites gambling on the economy?

Hello darling

To answer your point above... The tories encourage and celebrate success.
JC and JM skewer it.

JM and cauldwell chatted, BBC website. Cauldwell said that he felt aggressed by the vitriol poured on billionaires. JM stated that Labour don't hate billionaires. The next day JC is on video screaming that they will wipe out/crush /smash billionaires.

What utter bs. Fella, you and Brixton should go on Fighting talk and defend the indefencable....

Today, vote for basic human decency (n/t) on 13:32 - Dec 12 with 1685 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 18:45]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:35 - Dec 12 with 1671 viewsr2d2

Today, vote for basic human decency (n/t) on 13:32 - Dec 12 by TRUE_BLUE123

[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 18:45]

Like most politicians spout all year round you mean?
Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:36 - Dec 12 with 1670 viewsbaxterbasics

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:20 - Dec 12 by BlueNomad

Picaninnies with water melon smiles.

Letter boxes and bank robbers

Hostile environment for people who have lived here all their lives

Ah, but Corbyn speaks out against the foreign and expansionist policies of the Israeli state

So Boris was careless with his words in some articles he wrote once, and offended a few of the permanently offended. Doesn't make him a racist. Nothing in his actual record in public office suggests racism either.

Corbyn and his legion breaks bread with those seeking the destruction of the entire Jewish nation.

No comparison at all.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:45 - Dec 12 with 1638 viewsDubtractor

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:36 - Dec 12 by baxterbasics

So Boris was careless with his words in some articles he wrote once, and offended a few of the permanently offended. Doesn't make him a racist. Nothing in his actual record in public office suggests racism either.

Corbyn and his legion breaks bread with those seeking the destruction of the entire Jewish nation.

No comparison at all.

Ffs man.

That's just embarrassing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:46 - Dec 12 with 1633 viewssolemio

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:31 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Hello darling

JC and JM skewer it.

JM and cauldwell chatted, BBC website. Cauldwell said that he felt aggressed by the vitriol poured on billionaires. JM stated that Labour don't hate billionaires. The next day JC is on video screaming that they will wipe out/crush /smash billionaires.

What utter bs. Fella, you and Brixton should go on Fighting talk and defend the indefencable....

Do you really not understand that your first two words devalue everything that follows?

Although devaluimg that nonsense is not easy.
Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:53 - Dec 12 with 1606 viewsnoggin

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:36 - Dec 12 by baxterbasics

No comparison at all.

FFS. This is where Britain's at. I'm glad I don't have to live there anymore.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:56 - Dec 12 with 1588 viewsjeera

Today, vote for basic human decency on 09:34 - Dec 12 by brazil1982

It's genocide.

Still not grasping your own language there eh?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:57 - Dec 12 with 1575 viewsnoggin

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:31 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Hello darling

JC and JM skewer it.

"The tories encourage and celebrate success. "

And punish the less fortunate.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 13:58]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:58 - Dec 12 with 1567 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Today, vote for basic human decency on 13:35 - Dec 12 by r2d2

Like most politicians spout all year round you mean?

Precisely.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024