Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No preaching involved in the writing of this post. 08:45 - Dec 12 with 1795 viewsPinewoodblue

No falsehoods, no fake news.

Just a reminder that even if your vote isn’t going to make difference just do it. VOTE

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:46 - Dec 12 with 1282 viewsKropotkin123

No. I refuse to vote for things that I don't believe in.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:47 - Dec 12 with 1278 viewsitfcjoe

Too many people have given up too much for someone to not be bothered to go to the ballot box and put a tick in a box

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:51 - Dec 12 with 1247 viewsDarth_Koont

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:46 - Dec 12 by Kropotkin123

I respect that.

I think our fetishization of voting while not being that interested in actual day-to-day democracy is a little silly and self-defeating.

Pronouns: He/Him

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:53 - Dec 12 with 1235 viewsSaleAway

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:46 - Dec 12 by Kropotkin123

turn up and spoil your ballot then....

one of the things we need is a "none of the above" option, but its only by spoiling ballots, that the discrepancy between turnout and valid votes will start to be noticed...

if you don't turn up, then they think you just don't care....

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:54 - Dec 12 with 1227 viewsKropotkin123

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:47 - Dec 12 by itfcjoe

Too many people have given up too much for someone to not be bothered to go to the ballot box and put a tick in a box

I wouldn't do them the disservice of assuming they gave up things to achieve this.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 8:55]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:54 - Dec 12 with 1225 viewshampstead_blue

Definitely the first time I've voted whilst pinching my nose.

Not very pleasant.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:57 - Dec 12 with 1200 viewsPinewoodblue

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:54 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Not very pleasant.

Agreed but it has to be done.

2023 year of destiny

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:58 - Dec 12 with 1200 viewsKropotkin123

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:53 - Dec 12 by SaleAway

one of the things we need is a "none of the above" option, but its only by spoiling ballots, that the discrepancy between turnout and valid votes will start to be noticed...

I don't care if they think I care or not. It a fallacy to think it makes a difference to how they act. They will try and go after my vote next time whether I vote or not.

Login to get fewer ads

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:00 - Dec 12 with 1191 viewsGeoffSentence

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:53 - Dec 12 by SaleAway

Not voting is a valid statement, so as long as you are registered to vote.

A low turnout shows that people are not invested in the system and the system needs to be changed. If you spoil your vote you will still be counted in the turnout figures and the world will believe that everything is hunky-dory because people are turning up to vote.

By the way, telling people to vote IS preaching.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:02]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:06 - Dec 12 with 1161 viewsbrazil1982

Vote for an Independent?
No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:14 - Dec 12 with 1134 viewsSaleAway

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:00 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

Not voting is a valid statement, so as long as you are registered to vote.

A low turnout shows that people are not invested in the system and the system needs to be changed. If you spoil your vote you will still be counted in the turnout figures and the world will believe that everything is hunky-dory because people are turning up to vote.

By the way, telling people to vote IS preaching.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:02]

I disagree. There are any number of reasons that you may have been unable to vote - sick on the day - stuck in traffic, family emergency...

if you turn up and spoil that makes a definitive point....

I'd also say this:

Voting isn't marriage - you're not looking for the perfect match - its a bus - you get on the one that's going closest to where you want to go.

edited: yes - I know this is preaching...
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:14]

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:17 - Dec 12 with 1108 viewsGeoffSentence

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:14 - Dec 12 by SaleAway

I disagree. There are any number of reasons that you may have been unable to vote - sick on the day - stuck in traffic, family emergency...

I'd also say this:

Voting isn't marriage - you're not looking for the perfect match - its a bus - you get on the one that's going closest to where you want to go.

No I'd not say you were preaching, My point about telling people to vote being preaching was aimed at Piney in his OP, as he started off saying he wasn't preaching and then ended by instructing people to vote.

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:19 - Dec 12 with 1103 viewsPinewoodblue

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:17 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

No I'd not say you were preaching, My point about telling people to vote being preaching was aimed at Piney in his OP, as he started off saying he wasn't preaching and then ended by instructing people to vote.

And a point well made sir.

2023 year of destiny

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:21 - Dec 12 with 1094 viewschicoazul

Exactly right. This is what people should reflect on.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:22 - Dec 12 with 1088 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:54 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

Not very pleasant.

"They died that we might settle for mediocrity !"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:22 - Dec 12 with 1086 viewsGeoffSentence

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:19 - Dec 12 by Pinewoodblue

And a point well made sir.

Thank you. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:25 - Dec 12 with 1070 viewsPinewoodblue

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:22 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

Thank you. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Let’s hope we can all be nice to each other after 10pm this evening.

That maybe wishful thinking.

2023 year of destiny

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:29 - Dec 12 with 1065 viewsGeoffSentence

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:25 - Dec 12 by Pinewoodblue

Let’s hope we can all be nice to each other after 10pm this evening.

That maybe wishful thinking.

Graciousness in victory, magnanimity in defeat. I have high hopes for TWTD, it is a generally decent space.

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:30 - Dec 12 with 1056 viewsSaleAway

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:29 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

Graciousness in victory, magnanimity in defeat. I have high hopes for TWTD, it is a generally decent space.

to be fair - even if we win, I'm still going to complain that we didn't play very well, should have been beating these opposition by more, and that the team rotation is a bad idea ;-)

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:32 - Dec 12 with 1050 viewshampstead_blue

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 08:57 - Dec 12 by Pinewoodblue

Agreed but it has to be done.

I know and I shall turn-up with my nostrils stuffed with tissue. It's a good look you know!!!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:32 - Dec 12 with 1048 viewsPinewoodblue

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:29 - Dec 12 by GeoffSentence

Someone is sure to post, in frustration , “ you lost get over it”

2023 year of destiny

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:33 - Dec 12 with 1045 viewshampstead_blue

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:22 - Dec 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

"They died that we might settle for mediocrity !"

Who said that? I've never heard it.

It's a sad state of affairs.
Peace and love.

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:34 - Dec 12 with 1040 viewsKropotkin123

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:14 - Dec 12 by SaleAway

I'd also say this:

Okay... it's a bus.

Currently, all the buses are heading in the opposite direction to where I want to go.

I'm not going to invest my time in getting on them.

If you want to get on a bus that takes you 10 stops further away from where you are looking to end up, that is your choice.

But I think it gives you less right to complain when you see the distance you have to travel at the start of the next election...

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:41 - Dec 12 with 1026 viewsKropotkin123

"Just a reminder that even if your vote isn’t going to make difference just do it. VOTE"

From a slightly different angle. I think it is sad that we implicitly recognise that some people's votes don't make a difference.

It is indicative of the system that fails its citizens at the core fundamental principle of democracy that each vote should be equal in worth. It clearly isn't.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:42]

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:42 - Dec 12 with 1019 viewsnoggin

No preaching involved in the writing of this post. on 09:34 - Dec 12 by Kropotkin123

Okay... it's a bus.

Currently, all the buses are heading in the opposite direction to where I want to go.

I'm not going to invest my time in getting on them.

If you want to get on a bus that takes you 10 stops further away from where you are looking to end up, that is your choice.

But I think it gives you less right to complain when you see the distance you have to travel at the start of the next election...

So as someone else said, vote for an independent candidate. There are no buses but they'll give you the directions so you can walk.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024