Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? 09:12 - Dec 12 with 2072 viewsKeaneish

We should for the first time be able to predict this Saturday’s side surely? Given the predicament we seem to now be facing, we have to pick our best starting eleven with players who are showing form or good understanding on the pitch irrelevant of Rovers system.

The heart of our side is Nolan, Downes and now Dozzell (or Judge in his natural position given he’s scored and got two assists recently) but after last Saturday’s first half display this has to be our midfield three. As we’re at home we have to play two up front so Norwood and Jackson start which means we play three at the back; Wilson, Wolfenden and Chambers if fit. Done don’t think this system works but it provides what we need to get our best partnerships out there.

That leaves Garbut and Donacien in the wing back roles. Donacien being the only one out there I’d consider a square peg.

That side and system should be able to see off Rovers at home and is our strongest starting line-up based on what I’ve seen this season. It also provides possible bench players, Judge, Keane, Skuse, Huws roles to slot straight into. Thoughts?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 14:21 - Dec 12 with 370 viewsMrTown

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:41 - Dec 12 by Keaneish

Why one up front and why bench our leading scorers? We need more attacking threat and one up front definitely provides less on the evidence I’ve seen.

We play a certain way with 2 up front and it certainly isn't pretty nor has been effective recently.

Our only effective game since Accrington has been coventry first half and that was in the 4-2-3-1. That was due to the 3 crerative players breaking beyond Keane.

I am not a fan of Jackson so that is my reason on that, and I think Keane is a technically better player than Norwood and Jackson and his link up play is better imo.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 17:08 - Dec 12 with 339 viewsbraveblue

Skuse will start. He always does.

Think they will play one up front. Just cannot see the point in three centre backs.
Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 17:25 - Dec 12 with 337 viewsKeaneish

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:18 - Dec 12 by Herbivore

Our CBs aren't suited to three at the back and it's not worked for us most times we've tried to play it this season.

I don't agree that either Dozzell or Judge have done enough to be worth a start at this point. Judge was terrible on Tuesday night.

I think we're exactly where we've been all season, still not knowing what our best XI or even our best formation is.

I agree with you that Wilson isn't particularly centred to a 3 but i'm comfortable with Chambers and Wolfenden.

It's either Dozzell or Judge to play a role in the middle or the number 10 and whichever trio combination we go with, they need a run together. If we can turn in more sustained performance like the first half against Coventry, we'll dominate everyone in this league. Judge might have been bad Tuesday but so was everyone. With a goal and two assists in his last 4 games he has to be inc contention.

I'm amazed at how much Norwood seems to be falling from grace on here. He's had a stop start two months and now Keane is ahead of him? I'll take Norwood's prolificness in the lower leagues and his good start to the season of Keane any day. Norwood would be better suited to the lone role than Keane too for me.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 20:30 - Dec 12 with 313 viewsKeaneish

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 14:21 - Dec 12 by MrTown

We play a certain way with 2 up front and it certainly isn't pretty nor has been effective recently.

Our only effective game since Accrington has been coventry first half and that was in the 4-2-3-1. That was due to the 3 crerative players breaking beyond Keane.

I am not a fan of Jackson so that is my reason on that, and I think Keane is a technically better player than Norwood and Jackson and his link up play is better imo.

I think Jackson and Norwood are a good partnership and have shown they’ve got an understanding with each other. I’d rather take their 14 goal partnership than the 2 goals of Keane. No-one of our wide players is looking that sharp getting around Keane - he’s isolated way too often and the Cov game is the not game where it’s clicked, all be it for a spell which quickly subsided.

If PL plays Jackson and Norwood using the same fluidity through midfield as we saw last weekend rather than constant balls into the channels, I’m sure we’ll find the right balance.

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 21:18 - Dec 12 with 307 viewsChrisd

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 10:43 - Dec 12 by Garv

Is our squad that good?

The simple answer is no.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 04:10 - Dec 13 with 286 viewsharlingblue

Should Saturday’s side now pick itself? on 09:24 - Dec 12 by MrTown

----------------------- Holy ---------------------
Donacien - Chambo - Woolfy - Garbutt
------------- Downes ---- Dozzell ------------
Edwards --------- Nolan --------- Georgiou
--------------------- Keane --------------------

We know full well that that will not be the team though.

MrTown, I feel that side is far too lightweight, it would be over run, with only Donacien, Chambers, Woolfy and Downes knowing how to defend and tackle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024